Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bodybugg users report here!

My bodybugg arrived today!! I am very excited although it was a pain getting it set up and registered. I guess I should have read past the registration card and into the book where it said only compatible with explorer and safari browser. Anyway, it is currently charging and I am looking forward to getting started. I also purchased the digital display as I like the idea of instant knowledge. I think it will keep me accountable. I used this thread in my research into whether to purchase the bodybugg so thanks to all who posted!

I just gon mine today, too! So far so good. It's fun and I think I'll beat my goal for today? Unfortunately, I got it after I already went to the gym, but it's still good. What is your goal for calories. I'm trying to get an excess of 1400 calories burned. So, that's 2800 burned and 1400 consumed (I still don't really have restriction, only 2 ccs). I hope this accountability and motivation continues.

I just gon mine today, too! So far so good. It's fun and I think I'll beat my goal for today? Unfortunately, I got it after I already went to the gym, but it's still good. What is your goal for calories. I'm trying to get an excess of 1400 calories burned. So, that's 2800 burned and 1400 consumed (I still don't really have restriction, only 2 ccs). I hope this accountability and motivation continues.

Yay another bugg newbie! So far I love it! I have been obsessed with watching the display today and realized just how sedentary my job is. I plan to make myself get up and walk around the office every hour. Get those numbers moving. I am shooting for a 1500 calorie deficit which I beat today by 400 calories. One thing I was surprised at is that I am burning MORE calories than the treadmill, bike etc. say. I always knew the machines were inaccurate but thought the machines would be an over estimate not under. That made me happy. Best if luck Bella!

So, my first day wearing my bugg. The back of my arm is totally chafed (sp?) and sore. I really want to wear it when I sleep, but I might need to let my arm take a break. I've been moving it up and down my arm, but it still hurts. I haven't even worn it all day because I only got it at about 11: 30 this morning. It hurts at the inside of my arm, not where the bugg sits, weird. But, at least I exceeded my goal!!! We went out to dinner, so I had to guestimate the calories consumed, but I think I was good. We'll see.

So, my first day wearing my bugg. The back of my arm is totally chafed (sp?) and sore. I really want to wear it when I sleep, but I might need to let my arm take a break. I've been moving it up and down my arm, but it still hurts. I haven't even worn it all day because I only got it at about 11: 30 this morning. It hurts at the inside of my arm, not where the bugg sits, weird. But, at least I exceeded my goal!!! We went out to dinner, so I had to guestimate the calories consumed, but I think I was good. We'll see.

Okay, so that was just while I was working out to Just Dance 2 (Wii) and a little after. The next day was fine and has been since. I think I was wearing mine too high on my arm.

I have had my BB for two weeks now. If anything, I have gained. My pants are tighter although the scale has not moved up or down. I know I am gaining muscle galore as I am walking and cycling like crazy (11,000 steps plus a day). I have a deficit of anywhere from 600 to 1300 a day but still no loss. I am highly frustrated, disappointed, to the point of crying, whatever you want to call it, just don't call it happy at this point.

Sorry, just needed to vent. I am lost as to what to do next.

I am wondering if you have any symptoms of hyperthyroidism? That was my problem and finally after months and months I have began to lose weight.

I got my Body Bugg a week ago and I love it. Very comfortable! I love how the increase in calories burned goes up at exactily the same time that I'm doing some activity...I need some proof that it worked.

During my this first week, I've lost 4 lbs. Even with a special dinner out with my daughter planned, I was able to earn the extra calories needed. The only time I don't wear it is when sleeping.

I received my BodyBugg yesterday. Slept with it on last night - no problem. It's cool how it shows you whether your sleep is restful. I love LoseIt for calorie tracking and weigh ins (I have a Withings scale that reports that information to LoseIt wirelessly - that is a cool product for those who love gadgets!). I am just planning to use the daily calorie estimate on the BB website instead of logging meals because all my historical data is in LoseIt. I emailed BodyMedia to see if there is a way to import it - they said there is not.

Either way, I can't wait to put this thing to good use!

Anyone have any tips on making the most of the BodyBugg?

I've heard about this. I currently have a polar heart rate monitor which shows actual calories burned, I use it when I work out. Is this better? Someone said they spent $300? Is that really how much it is?