Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello fellow bandsters......Happy New Year!!! I haven't been here a lot, with school and all.....but I thought I would stop in to see how everyone is doing and how they survived the holiday season. My wish is that you all are doing well and seeing the pounds fade away....forever!!!

Celeste

So how many calories in a serving of moose?

My scale is stuck. It just won't go below 200. I think I need to go out and buy a new one. . .

Good Morning Gang

Well, I'm back at work - ready for the new year....

Phyl - your signature is there - I don't know why they dissapper then come back:faint: - I had note from rliberty saying something about something showing up in my post that was taking up half the page - but I never saw it - I did see it in someone else post - but when I went back to find it - I couldn't....Stupid computer issues :embarassed:

Karri - you are doing so great.... now that you are eating more - i bet you will feel better...

linda- i dislike my scale half the time - that's one reason I only weigh in once a week - I don't want to invest in a 200 doctor scale - and they are ugly too - I don't have any place in my bathroom for one. I weight naked 1st thing in the morning... Make sure you are getting all your Water in - I find that helps..

Celeste- How are you doing??

Blueeyezbaby - I know what you mean about editing - I think they should fix that...

Marcy - My X & BIL hunt during deer season up north - they got a little bambi a few years ago - I think they go just to act like MEN all that testarone (sp) - I have never had moose (poor bullwinkle) just bambi..

Kathy I forgot to weigh in this morning - (a little afraid to - since I haven't been getting in all my exercise) - I will do it tonite after the gym...

Well, back to work - Remember gang the Holiday temptations & excuses are over - back on the bandwagon!!!!!

My daughter spent New Year's with her in-laws and they had cariboo burgers. She said they were pretty good.

OK Gang I weighed in again today for the holiday challenge. I am at 203 again. I just can not seem to get below 200. I will though. Holidays are over and Indio is right NO MORE EXCUSES!!! I am so happy that life will get back to normal now. So tired of all the hoopla and running here and there.

I am having my 6 month blood work done today. My doctor and I are worried a little about my Iron. I take my gummi vites every day but this past 2 weeks I do nothing but sleep. I had all of last week except 3 hours off from work and I mostly slept. I had a cold and sinus stuff but I just can not sleep enough. I have NO energy!!! I would literally sleep 16-17 hours a day. NO KIDDING!!! I would go to bed early at night and then get up at 10-11 am and then back to bed for a 'nap' between 1-3 and back up at 6-7pm and back to bed at 11. That is NOT like me at all. I am usually up about 8-9am and then not in bed sleeping until midnight 1am. I have to get back in the game but really want to just take a nap. UUGGHHHH

OK Gang I weighed in again today for the holiday challenge. I am at 203 again. I just can not seem to get below 200. I will though. Holidays are over and Indio is right NO MORE EXCUSES!!! I am so happy that life will get back to normal now. So tired of all the hoopla and running here and there.

I am having my 6 month blood work done today. My doctor and I are worried a little about my Iron. I take my gummi vites every day but this past 2 weeks I do nothing but sleep. I had all of last week except 3 hours off from work and I mostly slept. I had a cold and sinus stuff but I just can not sleep enough. I have NO energy!!! I would literally sleep 16-17 hours a day. NO KIDDING!!! I would go to bed early at night and then get up at 10-11 am and then back to bed for a 'nap' between 1-3 and back up at 6-7pm and back to bed at 11. That is NOT like me at all. I am usually up about 8-9am and then not in bed sleeping until midnight 1am. I have to get back in the game but really want to just take a nap. UUGGHHHH

Jackie - this is how I was before the band !!!! I am a tad older than you (you could be my daughter - my son is 36) I get up at 5 a.m. and go to bed - anywhere between 9:30 & 10:30 - Usually don't take naps anymore on the weekends (i use to sleep them away) Even now on the weekends i am usually up 6:30 or 7 a.m. ...

My 1st question - is are you depressed??? this is one of the signs - do you have heavy periods that would make you iron defienct - are you getting your b-12???

let us know what the blood test say...

Hi Everyone!

I finally found my Band-Mates!

I was banded July 23, 2007 and it's been one interesting journey since than... I finally hit the 90 pounds off mark, but still have a long way to go. I started out at 365 pounds. But I feel better and look better and Can't wait to hit one-derland!

Glad you guys are out there!

Hope to join your happy "band"!

Hi Everyone!

I was banded July 23, 2007 and it's been one interesting journey since than... I finally hit the 90 pounds off mark, but still have a long way to go. I started out at 365 pounds. But I feel better and look better and Can't wait to hit one-derland!

Suzi

Welcome !!!!!! 90 lbs gone :clap2:

It will be great having you join our gang of banders...

Happy New Year Everyone!

I thoroughly enjoyed the holidays and didn't watch my portions or content of meals too much. I am wide open right now and awaiting my Barium Xray On Monday to determine "if" I have a leak in my band.. LOL...I already know I have a leak!!!

But I must jump thru the Dr's hoops first I guess. Then I suppose it will mean a port replacement proceedure.

I am not weighing myself because I know it would be depressing.. I 'feel' like I have gained 5 lbs. so I suppose I should revise my stats at the bottom of the page.

I will get there in this New Year.... just have to get my 'plumbing' repaired first ha,ha..

Best wishes to everyone

Happy New Year Everyone!

I thoroughly enjoyed the holidays and didn't watch my portions or content of meals too much. I am wide open right now and awaiting my Barium Xray On Monday to determine "if" I have a leak in my band.. LOL...I already know I have a leak!!!

But I must jump thru the Dr's hoops first I guess. Then I suppose it will mean a port replacement proceedure.

I am not weighing myself because I know it would be depressing.. I 'feel' like I have gained 5 lbs. so I suppose I should revise my stats at the bottom of the page.I will get there in this New Year.... just have to get my 'plumbing' repaired first ha,ha..

Best wishes to everyone

Peaches - do you watch biggest loser - those who thought that they wouldn't get the big number are the ones who did - you may not have gain 5 lbs... My doc wouldn't fill be on the 21st when I went - but it i think i need just a small fill - i can drink Water too fast and was hungry too much for the last 2 days.. but I think some of that is from not staying busy... New Year - Holidays Over - NO MORE JUNK - eat extra veggies when you are hungry - find the lowest possible calorie for your extra food - that's what I do... Take a walk - heck if it just in front of the tv - get up and walk in place - kick your legs - I bought some weights to use while I watch t.v. - Keep up posted on your results

Happy New Years to you too..

===============After Christmas================

'Twas the week after Christmas, and all through the house

Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.

The Cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste

At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!

When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).

I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;

The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese

And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt

And prepared once again to do battle with dirt

I said to myself, as I only can

"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"

So away with the last of the sour cream dip,

Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished

Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie - not even a lick.

I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,

I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore

But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.

Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

Hi Everyone!

:welcome2: :welcomeB: :welcome2:

Suzi,

You are doing GREAT!! Welcome to our Lucky#7s thread!

Hey, gang, I'm going to renew the exercise challenge for January if anyone wants to join me. It helps make me accountable, especially on those cold mornings when I really don't want to go down to the pool. Knowing I can't up my exercise number for that day can make the difference between toughing it out or staying inside under my blankie!! Maybe this month I can make it to 20. I only did 15 for December, but I did make the other holiday challenge. I'm only down .4 lb, but it IS down!! Hooray!! :clap2::clap2:

Great Poem Phyl

Ok I was giving some newbie the following advice ....

You are not going to die if you don't have Cookies, candies, macdonalds in your life - you are going to die with them in your life.

I am an old fat lady - I know all the excuses - and they are all b.s.

We can do whatever we put our minds to.... I don't know why we talk ourselves into such nonsense - when have you every read where someone died from NOT EATING junk... On the biggest loser last night we are the most obese country.... What a shame.... Lets all super size it - lets have everything at our finger tips let's sit and play video games - you know what it takes just as long to go to the drive thru and it does to prepare a healhty meal... - heck by the time you drive to where ever wait in line drive back home 30 min is gone - you could have cook in that amount of time and eaten a healthy meal...

OK I am feeling very impowered today....

Maybe this month I can make it to 20. I only did 15 for December, but I did make the other holiday challenge. I'm only down .4 lb, but it IS down!! Hooray!! :clap2::clap2:

Phyl - I am with you on the exercise - I have already added to my signature yesterday

I am with you IndioGirl! I have not eaten McDonalds since before my surgery and frankly I NEVER want to eat there again. I saw that you had posted on the November thread but haven't read it yet. My students think it is AMAZING that I have not eaten there. I always give my 4th period students (right after lunch) crap about what they are eating. Now most of them are rail thin in that class, but I tell them that it is not healthy for them. Always the teacher I am giving them replacement options that they could get instead. I would tell them to stay on campus and eat, but the food there isn't any healthier. I can't say that I haven't eaten fast food because I have eaten at KFC (mashed potatoes) and taco bell(refried beans) but only because we were out and just too exhausted to go home and cook. My BF and I love to cook. In fact we are thinking about sending him to culinary school because we would love to open a restaurant some day.

Maybe the food cop from the July band and the food cop from the August band should tag team the newbies. The December band needs help. They are eating Jello Cheesecake cups for mushie foods!! I didn't say anything at the time but like you am feeling renewed and empowered so maybe I will go back there and say something.

As for exercise, I am doing 35 exercise sessions. That means that some days it is going to be 2 times per day:faint:. No, I can do it. I workout with the Biggest Loser DVD, (GREAT VIDEO) and then I will also work on abs and arms (sit ups and push ups) when I do 2 per day. I am only going to do double workouts on non-work days, but I am determined to start losing some of this belly.