Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Karri

I bought GNC PRO PERFORMANCE SOY Protein 95. Unflavored. The directions say to mix with Water or skim milk and mix till disolved. It doen't say anything about not heating it or adding it to food. I just took it for granted that it was okay to do it. It didn't hurt me and it barely altered the taste (of course, I only added 1/2 scoop). So, I don't really know if makes a difference or not. But It can't hurt.

Kari

Hey guys!!!

Just checking in for my monthly update and trying out my Christmas present. I got a Palm Treo w/Windows OS and this site does very well on the Mobile IE. Anyways, as for the update....I am 7 lbs away from "onderland" and kinda stuck. Good news is that I did not gain any through the Holidays.

It helps so much to read your all's posts and see that I am not alone with the restriction and getting sweets down easier than nutritious food.< /p>

BTW, I have really discovered the things that I can't eat any more. Breads will not go down, neither will lettuce, nor will potatoes except mashed. And of all the wierd things, Honey Buns make me literally puke (not PB). I am sure this subject has been discussed bunches but I find it very interesting how everyone differs on what they can no longer eat.

I am discovering that the drawback to this smartphone is that I can't use the smiley faces..hmmmm...

Nope we don't do anything for New Years. . The only thing I wish was different about the Protein Powder is that you could heat it. I am not a big fan of cold foods, so that is why I never remember the Protein powder. Hope everyone else had a good day.

Karri - I have used the unflavored in my coffee - one time added when it was still too hot and it curddels (sp) - 130 is warm not hot - so I would let my coffee cool a bit and then add it - I think it does have a taste but my sf Creamer covers it some

When I was in college, I majored in barhopping and partying. Then I got married, had kids and then got old. Staying home and hoping that the neighbors guns and fireworks don't wake me up. I really need my sleep at my age. h I would just start losing again. I've been on a plateau for about 7 weeks now.

I have a lot of cops who live in my tract - but we still have guns going off - I hate it cuz bullets do come down after being shot in the air..

Hi-

I was just wondering how I become an official July bandster. I'd love to keep in touch with others who have had the surgery around the same time as me. I am at a palteau and am having a hard time. I really would like to see "onederland" before Jan 01, 2008 , but to do that I would need to do something really unhealthy. I haven't come this far to mess it up now. I saw my doc yesterday and he said that in starvation mode, my metabolism has slowed so much. I need to kick start it, but just don't have the energy to do anything after 12 hours at work 5 days a week. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

Welcome Turtle - you gotta plan - i don't work 12 hrs but i still have to plan... Once you give us a little more info we can be more specific..

Hello Lucky7's!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. No plans for New Years Eve ... I can't remember the last time I went out on New Years. I prefer to stay home, safe and away from all the crazies out on the roads. Wishing each of you a Happy New Year filled with much band success! :biggrin1:

Here there blooeyez - I had a couple tamales too - but after a couple i am done with them - still have tons in the fridge - gotta clean it out today..

Hey guys!!!

Just checking in for my monthly update and trying out my Christmas present. I got a Palm Treo w/Windows OS and this site does very well on the Mobile IE. Anyways, as for the update....I am 7 lbs away from "onderland" and kinda stuck. Good news is that I did not gain any through the Holidays.

It helps so much to read your all's posts and see that I am not alone with the restriction and getting sweets down easier than nutritious food.< /p>

BTW, I have really discovered the things that I can't eat any more. Breads will not go down, neither will lettuce, nor will potatoes except mashed. And of all the wierd things, Honey Buns make me literally puke (not PB). I am sure this subject has been discussed bunches but I find it very interesting how everyone differs on what they can no longer eat.

I am discovering that the drawback to this smartphone is that I can't use the smiley faces..hmmmm...

Blueeyedbaby Its funny what you can and can't eat can change day to day..

Hey there Gang!!!

I was MIA since Friday - this cold has me down - but feel better today - but don't know if I feel good enought to go to the gym... I didn't do anything yesterday - stayed in pj's all day and even took a nap. Fed my cold:eek: witn no exercise since Wed I am worried - but just not feeling 100%.

I gotta pay bills - I gotta quit being lazy .... Just cking in...

Will ck in later..

Janet

Hope your cold feels better soon. Sure do know what youre saying about feeding a cold. I am just getting over one and I kept on feeding in gummy vitamins. Figured that would be better than feeding it junk food. Totaled my bike mileage, over 500 miles pedaled. Have to figure out where that's taken me. Next fill is Friday. Hoping for the restriction I keep hearing about here.

I'll probably be on here again before tomorrow, but if not, HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR'S. (sleeping)

Yipee, I made the exercise challenge and I will make the level challenge as well!!! I was down an extra pound this morning for a total of 7 since I got the fill. I am able to eat a bit more food, but yesterday I got really light headed. We walked for several hours doing window shopping and just getting out of the house. I NEVER feel hungry now, so I forget to eat and then wonder why I feel like I am going to pass out! DUH! Mornings are still pretty tough for me trying to get anything down. I just take it VERY slow. I don't like drinking meals so I am avoiding that at all cost. I think I got to 800 calories yesterday. We ate out the whole day so I am not sure, but I ate a lot of protein!

Well halftime is over with my seahawks so I will check in later.

Good Afternoon!!

Hope your are feeling better soon, Janet. Do you have to work tomorrow?? Last day of the year... be nice if you had that one extra day to recover.

Karri... I'm so frustrated... no Seahawks games aired down here the past several weeks. Have to wait for the half time report on other games. Catching up on the Bills... my hometown team, too.

Yesterday we went to see a movie... National Treasure... and I could sit in the seat with BOTH arm rests down with room to spare!! Wow!! Also, pants I'm wearing today are loose, and getting longer....I'm almost walking on them. They have one of those dreaded drawstrings at the waist, though. I usually rip them out and throw them away if I buy pants like that. Didn't do that with this pair so now I can tighten them up so they won't fall down! Hee hee!

I'm not going to make the exercise challenge, but I will make the other one!

Karri... I'm so frustrated... no Seahawks games aired down here the past several weeks. Have to wait for the half time report on other games. Catching up on the Bills... my hometown team, too.

I don't think I could live anywhere that didn't broadcast the Seahawks!! Last year I got an Alexander jersey for Christmas, this year a Hasslebeck Jersey. Next year I am asking for a Tatupu jersey. I am a huge football fan. My BF is not a big sports fan but gets a kick out of me and all my antics!

Oh I can't believe I didn't mention this in my earlier post. Yesterday I tried on a size 14 pair of jeans and they were too big. I tried on pair of 12's and they fit! A little tight, but they fit!!!! I was so excited.

I don't think I could live anywhere that didn't broadcast the Seahawks!! Last year I got an Alexander jersey for Christmas, this year a Hasslebeck Jersey. Next year I am asking for a Tatupu jersey. I am a huge football fan. My BF is not a big sports fan but gets a kick out of me and all my antics!

Oh I can't believe I didn't mention this in my earlier post. Yesterday I tried on a size 14 pair of jeans and they were too big. I tried on pair of 12's and they fit! A little tight, but they fit!!!! I was so excited.

The first part of the season we were getting all the Seahawks games. I think we're not getting them now because they already have the western division title. I see they lost today. Boo Hoo!! I LOVE football, too, and my DH isn't that interested. Our grandson has a Fantasy Football league. Last year we both had teams in his league but DH paid no attention to his so I had to manage two teams. So this year only I have a team.... "Gram's Gremlins"!! I was in 6th place out of 9 teams for most of the season. Then two weeks ago I had a really good day and moved up to 5th. That lasted for one week. Now I'm in 6th again and the way my guys have played today I may even get knocked down another peg! I have two quarterbacks... Jon Kitna and Jay Cutler. I switch back and forth between the two of them and never seem to get it right. I wasn't paying close enough attention this week and I had at least two players in there that didn't even play today-- Terrell Owens and Ernest Graham. I usually check on Saturdays or Sunday morning to see if it looks like anyone is not going to play but I didn't do it this weekend! Oh, well! I guess we're off topic!!!

:focus:

HI-

To everyone who responded, Thank You, you have all made me feel so welcome.:) I really appreciate all of the helpful information.I look forward to seeing how others banded about the same time as me, are doing. It's nice to have a little room to compare.

To give a run down-

I try to take in at least 60 grams of lean protien a day. I have kept a food journal since about 2 months prior to surgery, so it's pretty easy to keep track of. It is really difficult to keep the protien up because I DON"T drink any of my protien or calories if I can avoid it. They just turn my stomach - pouch :heh:- and I really have a hard time with the weird taste.

I love tuna and sardines:fish: and I also try to eat the little Buddig meat things. I really try to push protien. I was told that helps w/ hair loss.I'm at the "hair fall out stage":faint:and really don't want to lose any more than I have to.

I attempt to excersize and get my heart rate up for at least 15 minutes a day and I try to do that 4-5 days a week.:ermm I have the want, but I just can't get motivated when I'm exhausted. I work in a lab as a radioactive chemical analyst and we are trying to cover the FDA caused, pharmaceutical shortages from our competitors.I'm litterally in 5-6 days a week 11-13 hours a day for the last month and a half. That might even have something to do with the last few pounds that I have dropped.

Enough said -- Thanks again for the support and I appreciate the time that you all took to welcome me. :(

Hi guys, I've had a rough week. Spent most of the time in the kitchen either making food, serving food, or cleaning up food. 21 people here for Christmas eve and another 8 for Christmas day. Kids coming and going all the time with all their friends (this is the gathering place). Things should settle down soon. Son #1 and wife moved into their new home this weekend. Son #3 will go back to Grand Rapids (with an engagement ring!) today, and DD will go back to school on Wednesday which means her BF won't be around either. Did I mention all the animals? Two dogs, two cats, and a tank of fish! I am sending all the left over Cookies with the kids--I need them outa here!

Losing weight was hopeless--seriously hopeless. All the food and the stress just did me in. I guess i can look at it as a way to boost my metabolism, and I was losing too much too fast, so all in all it's not that bad. But I got to get back in control. Unfortunately, we are going out with friends tonight, so it will be yet another challenge. I need some down time.

Janet, I hope you're feeling better now. I didn't think that people living in S. California got colds! It's the pits to be sick over the holidays.

We have a Wii which was well used, and one of the kids got Guitar Hero also. We've also been playiing a lot of Mexican Train. Phyl. Changed the rules a little, but the kids seem to enjoy playing it with us.

Oh, by the way--don't underestimate the Packers! Mike Holmgren is still my all time favorite coach, so I have a special place for the Seahawks too, but the Pack had a great season--good enough that Brett Farve didn't even play for, I think, three or four quarters--even the thrid string quarterback, Craig Nall, played yesterday. Now if they can keep it going for the paly-offs! At least they got a bye this week, so plenty of time to prep. But the Patriots--woah! 16-0? It's going to be an interesting post season!

The first part of the season we were getting all the Seahawks games. I think we're not getting them now because they already have the western division title. I see they lost today. Boo Hoo!! I LOVE football, too, and my DH isn't that interested. Our grandson has a Fantasy Football league. Last year we both had teams in his league but DH paid no attention to his so I had to manage two teams. So this year only I have a team.... "Gram's Gremlins"!! I was in 6th place out of 9 teams for most of the season. Then two weeks ago I had a really good day and moved up to 5th. That lasted for one week. Now I'm in 6th again and the way my guys have played today I may even get knocked down another peg! I have two quarterbacks... Jon Kitna and Jay Cutler. I switch back and forth between the two of them and never seem to get it right. I wasn't paying close enough attention this week and I had at least two players in there that didn't even play today-- Terrell Owens and Ernest Graham. I usually check on Saturdays or Sunday morning to see if it looks like anyone is not going to play but I didn't do it this weekend! Oh, well! I guess we're off topic!!!

:focus:

I too have a fantasy team. I just play the national one supported by NBC. Currently I am 4255 out of 100 or so thousand. NOT TOO SHABBY

Oh, by the way--don't underestimate the Packers! Mike Holmgren is still my all time favorite coach, so I have a special place for the Seahawks too, but the Pack had a great season--good enough that Brett Farve didn't even play for, I think, three or four quarters--even the thrid string quarterback, Craig Nall, played yesterday. Now if they can keep it going for the paly-offs! At least they got a bye this week, so plenty of time to prep. But the Patriots--woah! 16-0? It's going to be an interesting post season!

Brett has always been my favorite QB, but just gotta root for the seahawks.

Okay back to topic. Has anyone experienced a lot of lightheadedness since having the band. I have had it once or twice before, but it is really bad right now. I don't know if I am coming down with something (BF has been sick lately) or if I am not getting enough calories/water. I know I am doing terrible on Water right now, but when it takes me 45 minutes to get through food it is tough after the waiting periods. Last night when I got out of the shower, I had to have my BF come in and walk me to the couch cause I felt like I was going to faint. Then again this morning I felt so lighthead I got nauseous. I am getting all of my Protein in thanks to Protein Bars that I cut so small they are almost invisible. Just can't do the shakes :speechles Calories are still on the low side. Yesterday was the second time I made it to 800 since the fill. Well I am off to finish baking the Cookies for my BF's potluck today. His boss loved the Peanut Butter cookies that I made and since it is his birthday today I said I would make them and take them in this morning. I was going to make them last night, but didn't feel very well.

Hi guys, I've had a rough week. Spent most of the time in the kitchen either making food, serving food, or cleaning up food. 21 people here for Christmas eve and another 8 for Christmas day. Kids coming and going all the time with all their friends (this is the gathering place). Things should settle down soon. Son #1 and wife moved into their new home this weekend. Son #3 will go back to Grand Rapids (with an engagement ring!) today, and DD will go back to school on Wednesday which means her BF won't be around either. Did I mention all the animals? Two dogs, two cats, and a tank of fish! I am sending all the left over Cookies with the kids--I need them outa here!

Losing weight was hopeless--seriously hopeless. All the food and the stress just did me in. I guess i can look at it as a way to boost my metabolism, and I was losing too much too fast, so all in all it's not that bad. But I got to get back in control. Unfortunately, we are going out with friends tonight, so it will be yet another challenge. I need some down time.

Janet, I hope you're feeling better now. I didn't think that people living in S. California got colds! It's the pits to be sick over the holidays.

We have a Wii which was well used, and one of the kids got Guitar Hero also. We've also been playiing a lot of Mexican Train. Phyl. Changed the rules a little, but the kids seem to enjoy playing it with us.

Oh, MY!! You HAVE had a busy week!! Don't get discouraged. Tomorrow is a NEW DAY and a NEW YEAR and it's going to be an awesome one for us!! You've done great already and you'll be back on track when all this holiday stuff is over!!

We really enjoyed learning how to play Mexican Train the other night and looking forward to more opportunities to play. They have Pinochele, Bingo, Cribbage, etc. groups here... Maybe we can get a Mexican Train night on the schedule! It's fun!

Ah, yes, the Packers! I'm happy that the Seahawks are in the playoffs, but I watched that Redskins game yesterday and they were impressive!! I'm not sure the Seahawks can beat them if they play that well next weekend!! Patriots game was pretty exciting! Didn't look too good for them for a while!! But they certainly pulled it off!! Just had to add some excitement by getting 12 points behind!! It was great! My DIL must have really enjoyed it! She's a BIG fan of the Patriots even though she lives in a SEAHAWKS house! Son & GS put up with her! And she supports their Seahawks habit.

Hey Gang

Yes I am feeling better today - went to the gym and did 3 miles this morning.. Got 15 of my 20 days in... That averages 4 days a week so I am happy.

Linda - 80 lbs less than last year

Karri - 65 less than last yr - size 12 - I'm jealous

Phyl - 56 Less than last year

BlooEyez - 58 Less than last yr

Kirajh - You are doing great on your bike - I guess I should add up all my miles and see where I have walked too

Turtle - 78 less than last yr - What i have read about the Hair loss it just happens to some but not all - you can get all your Protein & botein but it can still happen - they really don't know why... I have read that it all comes back..

I'm not into sports too much - but glad the Patriots won - I am a Cowboy fan but when i saw the score in the 3rd quarter - they were losing..

I am off to the store in a bit - I need some fish and veggies..

Well, Gang - We are ending 2007 a lot lighter than what we started and by the end of 2008 we will be even lighter...

Willl ck back later...