Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

One of my new goals is to track my food in a journel. I'd do it online, but find I don't always have my computer available, so want to use a written journel. Does anyone have an electronic version that they are particularly fond of? I've created one in Word that I think I'll use, but am open to other suggestions. I've attached it below...

Anyone who uses a journal, please critic this one and/or send me what you find useful.

Thanks!!

Kathy - I have a little 3x4 sprial notebook (that i got at Target) that I carry with me. I log my food and exercise in. For me it's easy - i throw it in my purse every morning - then throw it on my desk during the day and on my coffee table at night - I don't have to be signed in anywhere to log my food. I just jot down what I ate - calories & Protein grams. I jot down my weight each thrusdays and keep a running total of total lost each week..

example of page

1/2 - Wed

yogurt/banana 100 c 5 pt

meat 150 18 pt

veggies 35 2pt

fish 200 28 pt

rice 120 1 pt

veggie 50 2 pt

shrimp 100 10 pt

popcorm 100

exercise 3 miles

So Janet and I have become the tough love givers all across this site! The people on the Dec board are really having a tough time. Last night I was reading through all of the posts and was amazed that they were eating a week after surgery...and not good choices either. Not to mention the infighting on the board is NOT good. So I sat at my computer for a long time last night and tried to figure out what I had done that made me so successful. And I do consider losing 66 pounds in 5 months a success. After a while of reflection I came to this conclusion. I GAVE UP THE EXCUSES AND STOPPED BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE. Could I have justified eating right after surgery? Yep... I was 5 hours away from home and hungry. I was staying at my brother's house where I had NO TV, NO RADIO, NO PHONE, NO INTERNET and he works 16+ hours a day. But I decided that was no excuse for eating. Could I have chosen to not exercise? Yep...I work VERY long hours and in a very stressful environmnet. But again, not a good enough excuse. Could I have gained a lot of weight during my 42 days of being unfilled? Uh huh! But I knew that I could do it. My doctor and my nurses EXPECTED me to gain weight during that time, but I had made the decision that no matter how hard it was (and it was VERY VERY HARD), I was going to do this for me. This journey is not for anyone else...it is for me. And I am worth any amount of hard work that it took.

So this is more to any of the lurkers out there or even those of us that are regulars but need some motivation. Really look inside and decide what you have to do to become successful. This is a lifestyle change and only you can make the change. Your doctor, your spouse, and your friends can be there to support you, but you have to make that change for yourself. I love my band, but more importantly I love the way I have changed. I love the fact that I am responsible for my decisions now. There have been things in my past that may have caused me to make poor decisions, but in reality, I am here because of choices I made. Now I am successful because of the choices I am making. When we blame stuff on others I think in a way it can diminish what we accomplish.

I know this is heavy stuff, but I just had to say it here, where people really understand how hard this journey is. I am so glad that there is no fighting on this board. The support here has helped me so much.

So Janet and I have become the tough love givers all across this site! The people on the Dec board are really having a tough time. Last night I was reading through all of the posts and was amazed that they were eating a week after surgery...and not good choices either. Not to mention the infighting on the board is NOT good. So I sat at my computer for a long time last night and tried to figure out what I had done that made me so successful. And I do consider losing 66 pounds in 5 months a success. After a while of reflection I came to this conclusion. I GAVE UP THE EXCUSES AND STOPPED BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE. Could I have justified eating right after surgery? Yep... I was 5 hours away from home and hungry. I was staying at my brother's house where I had NO TV, NO RADIO, NO PHONE, NO INTERNET and he works 16+ hours a day. But I decided that was no excuse for eating. Could I have chosen to not exercise? Yep...I work VERY long hours and in a very stressful environmnet. But again, not a good enough excuse. Could I have gained a lot of weight during my 42 days of being unfilled? Uh huh! But I knew that I could do it. My doctor and my nurses EXPECTED me to gain weight during that time, but I had made the decision that no matter how hard it was (and it was VERY VERY HARD), I was going to do this for me. This journey is not for anyone else...it is for me. And I am worth any amount of hard work that it took.

So this is more to any of the lurkers out there or even those of us that are regulars but need some motivation. Really look inside and decide what you have to do to become successful. This is a lifestyle change and only you can make the change. Your doctor, your spouse, and your friends can be there to support you, but you have to make that change for yourself. I love my band, but more importantly I love the way I have changed. I love the fact that I am responsible for my decisions now. There have been things in my past that may have caused me to make poor decisions, but in reality, I am here because of choices I made. Now I am successful because of the choices I am making. When we blame stuff on others I think in a way it can diminish what we accomplish.

I know this is heavy stuff, but I just had to say it here, where people really understand how hard this journey is. I am so glad that there is no fighting on this board. The support here has helped me so much.

Karri - I understand completely what you just said and you said it so well, so much better that I could (made me tear up)

I had just moved to mushies - i was tired (big trigger for me) and hungry - I said - ok i will make cream gravy over mashed potatoes... I put the bacon in the pan and started to fry it.. I looked at it - said yes this is mushie - but this is very bad for you - you didn't go through surgery to continue to eat this crap - so i just threw it away - my aha moment...

Yes, this is a hard journey for all of us - I can say that even the people at work here tell me how proud of me for all my hard work - they know it is my choices and my exercise that have helped me loose the 59.5 lbs in 5 months.

Also, I am always talking about my friends and they (my friends here at work) look at me going I don't know that person - and then I say oh my friends from Lapband...

That how I refer to you all here as my friends cuz I consider you all my friends even though we haven't met (except for Phyl:p)

If you get flamed for any of your tought band love - just let me know i got your back -B)

Thanks for sharing !!!!!

xoxox

Janet

Very well put, Karri & Janet! And I know the support and encouragement, AND the accountability that we provide each other here on this site are immeasureably important!! Vital! That's why I practiaclly LIVE here when I'm not out and about!

Very well put, Karri & Janet! And I know the support and encouragement, AND the accountability that we provide each other here on this site are immeasureably important!! Vital! That's why I practiaclly LIVE here when I'm not out and about!

if my boss knew i was here as much as I am on some days i would be in big trouble - but my work gets' done...

It's funny we have never had a fight on this thread - the Dec gang that Karri and I are trying to school - are in a little tiff with each other...

I guess we are just one heck of a group..... The others should be jealous

if my boss knew i was here as much as I am on some days i would be in big trouble - but my work gets' done...

It's funny we have never had a fight on this thread - the Dec gang that Karri and I are trying to school - are in a little tiff with each other...

Hmmmm, I might have to go check that out! Sounds stimulating! I got a little huffy with a gal a few months ago. It was over insurance.. on one of those sites. They were discussing Medicare/Tricare coverage for lapband. This one gal was insisting that Tricare DOES NOT cover lapband, period, end of sentence! Duh! I have Medicare/Tricare For Life and I've had very little out of pocket expense. Certain things they wouldn't pay for, but most of it, they paid their share after Medicare. She wouldn't listen so I just had to go away for a while.

Hi Salsa;

Thank you for putting down so eloquently what "we" should always be telling ourselves.

I too am a colossal excuse maker... my latest excuse being that my "band' is leaking and that I am wide open, therefore can eat whatever the FLICK I like... not so... thanks for giving me a brick in the head!~

Hi Salsa;

Thank you for putting down so eloquently what "we" should always be telling ourselves.

I too am a colossal excuse maker... my latest excuse being that my "band' is leaking and that I am wide open, therefore can eat whatever the FLICK I like... not so... thanks for giving me a brick in the head!~

Peaches - you Canadian's are soo funny - your sense of humor - Green has the same sense of humor you guys make me laugh - brick in the head :bounce: So do you take your shoes off when visiting others :o

Hi Salsa;

I second Janet that you are hillarious. But no problem, I can fling a brick your way any time you need it.

Yes I do take my shoes off when going into someones house, except of course when I am wearing muk-luks.....

Shoes??? I often take off mine when going in to someone's house, too, but I'm not sure why?? Wasn't brought up to do that. I think the habit started when we moved in to a new house with light colored carpeting. I even have two extra pairs of slippers that live near the front doors of our two daughters homes! And when we go to our son's, we park the RV out front & I take my slippers inside every morning! Never thought about why.

It is nice that we all seem to get along so well. I don't really visit other boards I tend to find everything here with the Lucky 7's. I hope we all continue to be lucky 7s in '08.

To all of you who visit this forum at work and don't want your employer to know: Just be careful at work because when you log on to the network every thing you do is tracked and every internet site you visit. I don't think this site is one that would cause an employer to fire you, but in my field I have seen it happen many a time. I have been asked by superiors to pull logs on people to track their internet usage so I know first hand that it happens. I don't visit this site at all from work only home. My take at work and on email is if I wouldn't say it to my boss or do it with them watching over my shoulder it just doesn't happen.

Ok. I'm off my soapbox now. I rode the exercise bike today and did leg presses. I so want to walk on my treadmill. I miss it. I go in next week for a fill and won't have much progress to show but it will happen. Once I get healed and through February (another crazy month at work new equipment to set up and get delivered) then I will take off. My goal is to lose another 25 by my birthday in Mid April. I think at my age this is a very reasonable goal. If I lose more that would be a total bonus.

Phyl - The shoes might have something to do with camping. We always take off our shoes before we go in the camper.

I went for my 7th fill today. I had 5.5, she put in .1

I told her I just wanted a little. I did lose 1lb, I didn't think I lost anything. I did eat sweets and drink during the holidays.

All sweets are now gone.

I sweated to the Oldies again today.

January Exercise 1/31

food Journal 2/31

Under 800 cals today!!!

Shoes??? I often take off mine when going in to someone's house, too, but I'm not sure why?? Wasn't brought up to do that. I think the habit started when we moved in to a new house with light colored carpeting. I even have two extra pairs of slippers that live near the front doors of our two daughters homes! And when we go to our son's, we park the RV out front & I take my slippers inside every morning! Never thought about why.

Oh Phyl;

look back into your geneology, you are probably Canadian:D

Oh Phyl;

look back into your geneology, you are probably Canadian:D

Hah!! Or maybe I just lived tooo close to Canada growing up!! I was born & raised in Buffalo, neighbor. I'm German/Irish.