Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Well I am back at work this morning and actually am a little relieved to be here. While my job isn't the greatest, I do like the rigidity of the schedule. It forces me not to have to think as much about when I am hungry, when I should be drinking, etc. Actually, to my surprise when I came back to work, my principal had followed through with some of the promises that he made. He is desperate to keep me here next year. So I know have 2 TA's that I know are reliable which will help me with the amount of time that I will spend at school, because they can do the copying and cleaning. Also I was given a 2500$ budget to order new supplies because WE HAVE NONE which will also make my job a bit easier as I will not have to modify every little thing that I want to do. And finally, they are sending me to a conference to help with the new grading system that we are implementing. I really do work for great people. That has never been the complaint here. My principals are the best I could ever hope to work for.

Wow I am tight this morning. I am typing here while I am trying to eat some eggs and holy cow they do not want to go down. I just had to throw them away because I am having TERRIBLE pain in my chest. Oh well, I wasn't really all that hungry anyways.

Well I will check back after school. Normally I check during my prep period, but I have a lot to do. I didn't grade tests during break so that is what I am going to be doing for the next few days.

There's a risk with any foreign body we put inside ourselves; amalgam fillings, IUDs, early silicone breast implants, and numerous medications. Many of these have been taken off the market, and quite rightly so. But I also researched the lap band. While there are risks associated with it, the risks to my health if I didn't have it outweighed them all. I tried all other means to lose weight and nothing worked. The lap band seemed the least invasive of all the gastric options I checked out. Plus I can have it removed in the future should I change my mind. Sometimes you just have to avoid reading for peace of mind, lol.

I rarely venture out of this thread on here. There are a lot of not very nice people that post in some threads and we don't get any of that here. Maybe that's why it's so popular. We support one another, we don't tear each other apart when we post.

Stay in here where it's safe jackie. :)

Wow I am tight this morning. I am typing here while I am trying to eat some eggs and holy cow they do not want to go down. I just had to throw them away because I am having TERRIBLE pain in my chest. Oh well, I wasn't really all that hungry anyways.

I feel tight in the morning also. Then come the afternoon, everything seems to loosen up and I get hungry.

Usually I'll just have a Protein Shake for Breakfast and if I'm feeling adventurous, a couple of pieces of melon or strawberries. lunch is typically a yoghurt and fruit or salad.< /p>

But come around 3pm I get hungry. There have been evenings when I've been able to eat 1-2 cups of food. Other nights when it's a lot less. I've considered getting my third fill, but when I got the second I was having problems swallowing my own saliva at night. It wasn't very pleasant waking up choking on my own spit. :)

I think I'll give it a few more weeks before heading back for a fill. My weight's been fluctuating lately, but my breast surgery complications play a big part in that. I'm going to wait until after I've had the other implant put back in and see how I go from there for a while. I'd hate to be having to deal with a too tight band on top of surgery healing.

Today is a bit of a struggle for me. I'm having one of my old need-to-eat-everything-in-sight days.I think the boredom is the hardest to deal with. That's when I'm more likely to graze like a cow.

Ruby - When I am bored I get on the computer or get up and do something - and if that hungry crap doesn't leave then I make a snack pack of popcorn - and sit and eat 1 piece at a time.. When those graze days hit me - I just find low calorie food to graze on...

As to the mean people out there - one girl didn't like what Karri & I said on doing the Dec thread where people were eating on week one - said we or it could have just me - that we were too Preachy..

So be it - some people don't want to be held accountable/resonsible for their actions - Also there are some who just come across as mean - there was a big fit about people who chose their goal weights to high - that they still had a bmi that was considered overweight.. Just like me i have a goal weight of 160 which gives me a bmi of 27 i think - to have a normal bmi my goal weight s/n 145 - there are some out there who don't understand why my goal isn't to be 100% at normal bmi - and for those who did get there - people were saying they are too skinny... It was really funny to see them sparing - I read that stuff all the time and even post - I told them for me to be at 145 - i would look like sh*t due to my age and saggy skin - so I chose 160 as a comfortable weight ... I don't care what these people think about me - we are all in tittled to our opnions.

Busy day here. If I am reading, I;m not eating so it is a good thing everyone is chatty today. Okay, let me start with the fact that I have lousy short term memory. (I do get brain farts once in a while) so when I go to post here, I can't remember who to post to...........DUH

Okay, the lost posts. I am so famous for those. I just discovered a little arrow after the word go in my address part here. If you press the arrow, it will show where you've been and you can go back to that post. Most the time anyway.On getting de-railed. My dh keeps buying Cookies and chips. Oh yeah, even though I tell him not to......he still buys the jewish rye bread. i am working so hard to ignore those things. Man, do they scream loud. Dh drives a semi making local deliveries so he gets lots of exersize. He is retiring the end of the month and I keep telling him he better watch out with all his junk food. He is going to find what I lose. LOL

Kari - Also once you hit reply if you scroll down past the manage attachements - there is topic review - it shows what everyone has written... When you DH buys the junk - bag it up and tell him to put is somewhere out of your sight -

There's an Idita-swim challenge here...swim a minute for every mile (it's like 1049 miles or something). I go at least twice a week with the family, but only for about an hour...I don't think I could make it, but then, maybe I could start getting up early and doing laps? Nah....what am I? Insane? No way! I'll leave all that to Phyll! :)

Marcy - On your friend with the sleave - I have looked at it - Wasabubble butt has talked about it - they have a board just like this one - It's like a permant band - they don't redirect your intesntes but the sew up your tummy so you just have a little one... But if she thinks any WLS is the fix - as we all know she is so wrong...

You are quite an inspiration to all of us! Almost like the cheerleader of the group! Soooo nice to have someone in that capacity! I for one, really need that right now! I know you are sooo right and up until the Holidays I was following your advice pretty well, but right now, I have to get myself motivated again! Not eating much at all, in fact a fraction of what I would have ate in the past, but still not what I need to be doing! I know what needs to be, but man, once I get sidetracked it takes everything in me to get back on the wagon!!!!! Gotta do it though and know that I will, but need that extra push!!!! Thanks for the advice and the concern!!! I am not familiar with the Weight Watcher's Program, perhaps you could fill me in a little on the protocol for that.

Jeanie - Thanks - me being the Cheerleader helps me just as much as it helps other - It reinforces my reslove to get this weight off.

WW - they have a website - you can join on line - they have GREAT recepits... When I first did WW is was exchanges - Now it's point - they take your what you should weigh for your height & built and say you should have 28 points as day to loose weight to get to that weight.

It's based on low fat - low or sf - so a serving of progresso Soup is 0 point - so that means it's free - a serving of meat depending on the size

is so many point - you eat until your points are gone - you count points instead of calories - but it's all the same - WW is about eating healthy but you aren't limited in what you eat - it teaches you protion control go to their website http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx It is the basis of my eating. All that cheerleading I do is what I learned in my WW meetings... You go to weekly meetings weigh in (accountablity) and listen to the speaker tell you all this motivatiional stuff - secerts etc.. I guess becuase of WW nothing is not allowed - you just have to deduct the points - it's all about moderation... I truly think that this has helped me so much - I guess I am lucky that i haven't really derailed - but time will tell - but these pants I have on today - i want to wear inside out so everyone can see SIZE 12 :) another great motivation..

OMYGISH!!!!!!!!!!! I have not ventured from the lucky # 7's thread for MANY MANY MANY months. I think the last time was 5 months ago. Anyway, I was just looking around on here, bored, and not a whole lot of posting on our thread this morning and I was looking at the thread about complications and the band removal. IT FREAKED ME OUT!!! So many of them are 'so happy to have it out' 'had complications after 6months' and etc. I KNOW those things happen but I am a worry wart so I just don't go reading about them. I love my band but I do have to say I am scared. That is why I quit reading the other posts before. They FREAK me out!!!

I guess what I am saying is I need someone to tell me it is all going to be ok. LOL I researched and researched before having the band and I am CONFIDENT in what I have done. I just have that little guy setting on my shoulder right now with the shadow of doubt. I am going to go fold laundry now and try to 'flick' him off. LOL

Ok Jackie - you can walk out your front door and slip & fall and crack your head - you can be driving and some stupid ass runs a stop sign and hits you - Yes there are people who have troubles with their bands, infections - slips etc - Infection is just stuff that happend and the other complications - imho just might be due to the fact that hey haven't followed are the rules - what I have read if i remember correctly is that most of these people have had problems from day one.. You aren't having any problems - you don't have heartburn 24/7 or acid reflux - your port hasn't flipped - you are doing good - yes complication can and do happen to some but not to all of us - There is no use in worrying what can happen - Be happy that you aren't on of those who have had a complication and do all that you can by following the rules so that you don't have one - STAY AWAY FROM THAT THREAD if you are one who worries - I read it - but I am not a worrier...

Well I am back at work this morning and actually am a little relieved to be here. While my job isn't the greatest, I do like the rigidity of the schedule. It forces me not to have to think as much about when I am hungry, when I should be drinking, etc.

Karri - I to like a schedule - Affirmation for the day "take credit for the successes that you have achived and that will foster more success"

OK gang it's taken 1 hour to get all this posted between called and people coming in my office.

I tried to get on last night - but there was something wrong with my interent connection -

I gotta get to work ck back later..

xoxo

Janet

I had to go back to work today. Yuck!!!!!!

I am still waking up every day with hives. When I get to work, my secretary and 2 teachers in my room say, "Girl you got shingles, thats contagious, you needa go home." I say I ain't got no freakin shingles, and they ain't contagious anyway. They keep going on and on. You needa go to the doctor, leave, go ask the principal she had em. So I go show the principal, she says that ain't shingles, and they ain't contagious.

So I looked them up, they are contagious to someone who has not had chicken pox. That person would get chicken pox not shingles. They actually had me worried because I did get a small fever blister yesterday.

So any who, I'm still getting these freakin hives every day. They start around 9:00 pm.

I'm gonna go buy unscented detergent today. That may be the culprit.

Jackie - because of this I have also been reading problems with bands, I was nervous I was having a reaction.

Karri - I agree with you about the schedule. Work makes it much easier not to eat. I rarely have time to use the restroom much less eat.

The students don't have school today, teacher in-service day.

Janet- I too thought she was talking about us, but I didn't care. Someone needed to school those people.

Jackie - I went to those boards before I had the surgery, but I thought well if something goes wrong then at least they can most likely fix it. If I had continued going down the path that I was with the weight, it was going to get to a point that I wasn't sure that I would be able to fix it. For me the benefits WAY outweighed the risks.

Mango - During last school year I too got hives everyday for about the last 3 months of the school year. My doctor pretty much drugged me to get me through the end of the year. I was at a different school and it was HORRIBLE! The principal was the worst person I had ever met in my life. She literally walked into my classroom and in front of HIGH SCHOOL students told me outloud that I couldn't not take a sick day to see a psychiatrist. Yep that is right...she actually said that. But that was last year and my principals this year are phenomonal. Oh yeah, and what is a bathroom break? I don't think I have had one since I started teaching! I take my lunch early during my prep period so that I can tutor kids during actual lunch. I try to take a duty free 30 minutes but even as I type I have students from another class in my room. They are good kids, but still you can't escape them.

I acutally am feeling much better about my job. I think part of the misery was the amount of time that I was putting in topped with the stress of being unfilled. I didn't realize how stressful that was. This is the first time that I have been back to work since being filled and it makes a night and day difference. Besides I am trying the three positive comments that Janet suggested to me to make me be happier. It worked for today...it WILL work tomorrow.

Lunch is over! Chat later

I am still waking up every day with hives.

My husband had a bout of hives last summer. He would look fine most of the time, but if there was a change in body temperature, like taking a shower or going for a swim in the pool, he broke out in hives. They were itchy, swollen, red and he looked like an alien had attacked him. But they'd only last a couple of hours with each attack until, of course, his body temperature changed again.

When he went to see the doctor, she said there was something gone weird with his histamine levels. So she prescribed an anti-histamine for him which helped a lot. They didn't go away entirely, but his outbreaks were less severe. She also mentioned that they can just suddenly appear for no reason at all and you can suffer for a while, and then just as suddenly disappear.

We went through a lot of calamine lotion that summer. :phanvan

Janet- I too thought she was talking about us, but I didn't care. Someone needed to school those people.

Jackie - I went to those boards before I had the surgery, but I thought well if something goes wrong then at least they can most likely fix it. If I had continued going down the path that I was with the weight, it was going to get to a point that I wasn't sure that I would be able to fix it. For me the benefits WAY outweighed the risks.

Mango - During last school year I too got hives everyday for about the last 3 months of the school year. My doctor pretty much drugged me to get me through the end of the year. I was at a different school and it was HORRIBLE! The principal was the worst person I had ever met in my life. She literally walked into my classroom and in front of HIGH SCHOOL students told me outloud that I couldn't not take a sick day to see a psychiatrist. Yep that is right...she actually said that. But that was last year and my principals this year are phenomonal. Oh yeah, and what is a bathroom break? I don't think I have had one since I started teaching! I take my lunch early during my prep period so that I can tutor kids during actual lunch. I try to take a duty free 30 minutes but even as I type I have students from another class in my room. They are good kids, but still you can't escape them.

I acutally am feeling much better about my job. I think part of the misery was the amount of time that I was putting in topped with the stress of being unfilled. I didn't realize how stressful that was. This is the first time that I have been back to work since being filled and it makes a night and day difference. Besides I am trying the three positive comments that Janet suggested to me to make me be happier. It worked for today...it WILL work tomorrow.

Xray with Barium Swallow

Just got home from Scarborough Grace.. I just thought I'd let folks know that the barium swallow test is not that bad at all.

About 1/4c of white stuff that I likened to "Thinned out Toothpaste" (I always imagine things worse than they turn out to be)

1) I swallowed, no restriction

2) Dr. Yau withdrew Saline and it was "all clear" but not very much in my band...

3) He refilled me with saline and then made me drink barium again under xray and it went thru but burpeyish... oh yeah, restriction my old friend.

4) nancy said to go out and drink my cup of Water and wait... it went down so I came home. Now having a Protein Drink slowly

5) Now if THIS fill leaks out then I have to go an have surgery to get the whole band replaced like new.

5) Now if THIS fill leaks out then I have to go an have surgery to get the whole band replaced like new.

Oh no!!! I have my fingers and toes crossed that you don't have to go through the surgery again. :pray:

I had to go back to work today. Yuck!!!!!!

I am still waking up every day with hives. .

Mango - they make benadril (sp) strips that dissolve on your tongue

Karri - I am pretty sure she was – but who cares … I got a p.m. from – I don’t remember her screen name – but real name Jen – thanking me for my post – she thought she was abnormal – for following the rules and not cheating – She wanted to know where to go to get motivation – I invited here to our lucky #7..

You give teachers a good name – you will have inspired someone with your dedication – We all have a teacher who we just loved… I think you are that kind of teacher…

Xray with Barium Swallow

quote]

Peaches – If you had a leak – wouldn’t they have seen it right then?? I will pray you don’t – once was enough for me and surgery….

Don’t ask me how I think I will have plastic surgery – but I will 1st on my face – and the rest who knows – it’s covered by clothes so not a real biggie -

Mango - they make benadril (sp) strips that dissolve on your tongue

Karri - I am pretty sure she was – but who cares … I got a p.m. from – I don’t remember her screen name – but real name Jen – thanking me for my post – she thought she was abnormal – for following the rules and not cheating – She wanted to know where to go to get motivation – I invited here to our lucky #7..

You give teachers a good name – you will have inspired someone with your dedication – We all have a teacher who we just loved… I think you are that kind of teacher…

Xray with Barium Swallow

quote]

Peaches – If you had a leak – wouldn’t they have seen it right then?? I will pray you don’t – once was enough for me and surgery….

Don’t ask me how I think I will have plastic surgery – but I will 1st on my face – and the rest who knows – it’s covered by clothes so not a real biggie -

YOu would have to inject something right into the tubing that would contrast against the SALINE in order to see anything different on xray and I am allergic to IODINE so he couldn't use that.

ok where did my signature go??????????????

I can totally sympathize with the agony of HIVES.

I once had it for over a year, went to a dermatologist who said I was allergic to Nickle...(?) he was dud

Then finally I went to an allergist, who took 100 scratch tests ruled out a lot of things but finally I had a skin biopsy done of a hive and it was an allergic reaction to a medication that I had been taking for years!!

Changed Rx and in about 2 wks saw steady improvement...

Best of luck, some things that helped me with itchy symptoms were... Aveeno oatmeal baths(tepid Water, not hot) patting your skin dry, do not rub with towels. Avoid perfumed anything!! and Double rinse your laundry, hang to dry and avoid scented dryer softner sheets.