Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Not too many posts today, so everyone must be bustling about doing errands.

This is day 5 since my Fluro fill and I still have restriction. YEAH! Last night DH and I went out for dinner and I ordered FISH and salad, well I could only eat 4 oz of my fish and about 4 bites of my salad... that was it! Now funnily enough, 3 hours later I could have eaten my salad then!

Been tracking my cals and protien this week, staying under 1000 and feeling pretty good.

Hey gang

Ya I was busy today - had to watch my 3 yr gd while my 13 yr old had satuday school - (detention) so I didn't get to the gym but did walk to walgreens and back and last nite cleaned and took down all my xmas decorations tree etc - so I feel I got a work out.

Well, I am off to the shower to get HOT in my size 12 jeans for the Earth Wind & Fire concert tonite - just woke up from my little nap (you know up 50+ have to plan our engery - cuz most nites asleep at 9:30 10)

Well I will write tomorrow ... Talk to you then - I really don't follow football but I think my Cowboys still have a chance...

coxox

Janet

OK, Phyl, Today's the day! I'll be thinking about you.

Wish me the strength to not overindulge in all the party food we'll be having. I didn't do very well at the office party last night--too many liquid calories to wash down the othrer forbidden foods. I was kind of bummed because I was supposed to get a fill in the morning but they cancelled the appointment at the last minute. I was counting on being on liquids, so I wouldn't eat. That plan didn't work. Today's party will be better. See, that's all we have to do in Wisconsin--Packers and party. We need to win today so we have something to look forward to besides the cold, slushy, grey landscape that will be here for the next 5 months! We need the green and gold! 7 hours 15 minutes!! GO PACK

I must bow to Brett Favre! My students told me that the packers were going to win even if Favre lost both his arms and his legs and had to throw with his teeth! I guess they were right. Hope you had a good party. Phyl and I will have to wait until next year...but our seahawks will be back!

Hey guys :myscared:

Just checking in. Can't seem to get on here every day and takes forever to read all the wonderfully supportive posts when reading every other day. You guys have got to be the greatest support group around. :redface:

Jackie-Hang in there with that cholesterol. If it is hereditary cholesterol problems it is much harder to get the numbers down. That's how we tell the difference in ppl usually. If someone looses weight and starts watching what they eat and their numbers don't go down or even go up, then it is a pretty good bet that it is hereditary. It has nothing to do with you not eating right or anything you may have control over. We can't pick our genes.

I thought my cholesterol was hereditary until I lost this weight. My dad has horrible levels and his is hereditary and I was convinced that mine came from him. Until I had a few lab tests done a couple months ago and my cholesterol actually registered "low" on the labwork. Now that was a shock.

Just remember, there is nothing you can actually do to change the fact that it is hereditary and you have not failed in any way. Try to accept it and do what the doc recommends. Even if it is meds. For example, no amount of weight I loose will change the fact that I will be on Synthroid the rest of my life. Hashimoto's is a hereditary condition, I have no control over it, and I will be dependent on the med forever. Oh well, guess I am just glad that it is a small pill :smile:

I remember someone a while back mentioning port placement and talking about it being placed under the brestbone. I believe you may have been talking about where mine is. My port is located directly below and just a tad to the right of my xyphoid process (the little bone that is a landmark in CPR for correct hand placement) and it is a wonderful place for it. I have never had a bra, whether underwire or otherwise, bother it. I don't have to worry about waist bands hurting or anything. It is also in the "less fat" part of the abdomen and is very easy to access so no probs with fills.

Speaking of fills. I go Monday for my next one. I sure hope he fills me well. For the last week or so I think I could eat a Mac Truck and not blink an eye. He only put .2 cc in last time cause he said that I was loosing too fast. My doc shoots for 1 lb a week and if it is more then no fill. But with holidays and all this time, I have not lost near as much so I have my fingers crossed....

Speaking of fills again. I have never looked to see how much they are charging my insurance. I pay my $35 co-pay and just go. I will have to look next time I get an EOB...

Till next time....:wink:

Any ideas on how to get this sliming under control?????

Distant, I am just now checking up on posts after the holidays. I was slimming and having to throw up every Breakfast and lunch and even some dinners. At least I lost some pounds BUT it was mostly muscle (have the scale that tells me lbs of muscle). When I went to the fill center they reminded me about chewing chewing chewing. I am remembering to chew much more again and the slimming is better. The PA said that the slime was my body trying to get the food down. Earlier PA's had said that slime was digestive juices, which didn't make sense. The added concentration to chewing is making a great difference. CC

OK, Phyl, Today's the day! I'll be thinking about you.

Wish me the strength to not overindulge in all the party food we'll be having. I didn't do very well at the office party last night--too many liquid calories to wash down the othrer forbidden foods. I was kind of bummed because I was supposed to get a fill in the morning but they cancelled the appointment at the last minute. I was counting on being on liquids, so I wouldn't eat. That plan didn't work. Today's party will be better. See, that's all we have to do in Wisconsin--Packers and party. We need to win today so we have something to look forward to besides the cold, slushy, grey landscape that will be here for the next 5 months! We need the green and gold! 7 hours 15 minutes!! GO PACK

Congrats, Linda!! Hope your party was fun and you did okay with food. Our Seahawks apparently just couldn't deal with Brett and the snow. Oh, well. There's always next year.

Things are super quiet here this week-end. Must be a bunch of bummed out football fans. My daughter came down this weekend with her kids and since there was a housefull, I ordered pizza. My dh dished up all the plates and hands me one with two pieces of pizza and two breadsticks. I ate one breadstick (it was small, about 1X3) and then started a piece of pizza. I couldn't finish it. Ended up in the bathroom sliming. I was eating slow, chewing small bites well, and still............................. I made dh eat the other bread stick and piece of pizza. Then, he and my two yr old GS cleaned us out of Cookies, thank God. Got on the scale this morning and am down about 3 or 4 pounds more. YEA!!!!!!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK, I'VE GOT TO GET BACK TO PEDALING. REALLY BEHIND TODAY.

Kari

HEY THERE EVERYONE!!

HOW ARE YOU GUYS ALL DOING? HOPE 2008 IS TREATING YOU WELL.

I MYSELF AM GREAT! ONLY TODAY I TRIED ON A SIZE 8 AND MY MOMMA SAID IT WAS TOO BIG AND NOT TO BUY IT!!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO UNDERSTAND ME IN THIS WAY WHERE AS IF I WAS TO TELL SOMEONE AT HOME THEY JUST SHRUG.

SORRY I'VE NOT BEEN ON. I WAS AWAY IN WALES FOR XMAS AND NEW YEARS WAS CRAZY. OTHER STUFF HAS GONE ON BUT WE'LL LEAVE THAT FOR ANOTHER DAY....

EVERYONE SEAMS TO BE DOING GREAT AND I'M SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL. I WAS EVERYONE ALL THE SUCESS IN THE THE WORLD.

OK I NEED YOUR ADVICE, TELL ME IF I'M BEING PARANOID OR SILLY.

there is a form called ''Hi from ireland'' and before i would be on it a fair bit but as of late with work adam and so so so on i;ve not been on LBT much. but there are a fair few that have my cell number. they arranged a meeting and i didn;t know about it cos i haven't been online now i've not to admit i'm put out by this and feel kinda hurt. when i arranged the meeting i'd sms or call how ever numbers i had and these people where at the meeting. now i posted on the thread jsut now feel free to read it. i didnt say too much but i dont know weather to take it down?? am i being silly in feeling hurt??

also on of the girls that i taught i was quite close with has totally blanked me. i called here early dec and she said i'll call you back when i've time on my hand.

now i'm easy going and like to have some fun. wouldn't say boo to a ghost and i try not be too bitchy (sometime i can;t help myself) i really dont know what her problem is?

any help would be great. thanks ladies

lots of love to you all

Dini xxx

post-215429-13813136242809_thumb.jpeg

me again!!

someone asked me to put a before picture up and i wasn't ready to do so. now today i felt ok i can put on up so i went looking for one. i came across this one its from my holidays in cuba few month before i got banded.

when i last looked at this photo i saw nothing wrong at all. in fact i taught i looked very well. now i look at all the photos and they make me wanna cry. there so awful. i'm just thankful for the band and helping me get my life back on track!

dont laugh too much cos there are actually tears running down my eyes now!

lots of love

Dini

post-215429-13813136243066_thumb.jpeg

Dini - You look fantastic!!!!! Who's the guy with you in the first picture?

I read a little of the Ireland thread, I don't get it so I can't advise.

The families watching a TV movie right now with Val Kilmer (Sp?) My daughter's teasing my husband cause she says he has a man crush on Val. If Val's in a movie, he's watching it.

Hi everyone! I came in and tried to post earlier this afternoon and got kicked off and then the web site wasn't responding, so that may be why it's been so quiet on here today.

Hi Dini! I was the one who asked for the before pic and you have really come a long way....congrats!

I have been on a plateau, after gaining three pounds at Xmas and then losing it and regaining and losing it again. Finally, it's off, plus another pound and a half today, so I'm at 153.5, headed for the 140's. Can't wait!

I went shopping in my other closet last week and pulled out another eight outfits that I haven't worn in years. So much fun! Also took about 15-20 items out of my closet to give away as well. Like that too!

Really I haven't had to buy too many clothes. Got a few bathing suits early on and two pairs of slacks awhile back. And my DH bought me a couple things for Xmas, but other than that, I haven't had to shop. Will wait until I hit goal!

Yahoo....I can eat again! The doc called this weekend (yesterday morning) to see how I was doing and I told him that I was STARVING. He told me to go to mushies yesterday and see if I could handle that. Then he said if that went down okay I was to try going to real food today. If I could do mushies but not real food then I could wait until the 21st to come in. If I couldn't do either then he was highly suggesting that I come in on Monday. If I could eat real food to call him back and we would discuss the plan. So I tried eating some soft foods today...over easy egg, fish fillet, and a baked crab cake. As long as I eat slowly I can do it. So I called him back and let him know what I could eat. He said to stay with fish for the next week and to call the office on Friday and cancel my appointment if I could handle that all week! I have another fill scheduled for the end of March and he said to keep the appointment, but unless I feel like I have zero restriction to keep putting it off. He said since I have made such a change in lifestyle and that I have good determination that even if my restriction isn't as tight as most people's that he thinks I can still be successful. I thought that was a very nice compliment. Also, he said that he would put a note in my chart for the receptionists to make every accomdation necessary to get me in when I need a fill because of the distance that I have to travel and the fact that he doesn't want me to come in until I absolutely need a fill. So it appears that the fill is loosening (though it has felt that way before!) and that maybe I will be alright. Fish has always been ok for me, but today it tasted like HEAVEN! So tomorrow I am going to go and pick up a variety of frozen fish so that I don't have to eat the same things every day! I am afraid that if I eat anything else it will hurt and I will be forced to go to the doctor. At least I will be getting healthy Proteins and not be starving. Just thought I would share my good news.

I have quit being notified when there are new posts via email. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix that? It worked fine and now the past month or so I get no emails to tell me someone has posted to this thread. Help!!

I love Big Medicine! Can't wait to see this season!

Dini, you look fabulous!!! Good for you!!!

All, I've missed you so much. Everyone seems to be doing great! I have another doctor's appt this month, so we'll see what my grand total is. Last time, I had lost 41lbs! YAY!!!

I LOVE MY BAND!!!

I have quit being notified when there are new posts via email. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix that? It worked fine and now the past month or so I get no emails to tell me someone has posted to this thread. Help!!

I think the system is broken. Ever since the threads were altered, etc., no emails of new posts. I think that's why it's been so quiet here... on all the threads I'm subscribed to.. it's like nobody is home!