Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Funny because I am still getting emails! In fact that is how I knew someone had posted here just now! I looked through the options sections earlier to see if there was a button to click, but I couldn't find one.

Hey Gang

Had a great time at the concert - danced and drank - so yesterday was recoup day :Banane42:

Email Notifications When you hit reply - scroll down to see if it indicates email notices or not - reset it ...

Hey Dini - you REALLY can see the diff - You are hot girl

On the meeting issue - it maybe that you are almost at goal and they are still working towards it and maybe feel a little intimidated about their weight loss compared to yours – They may look at you as the skinny chick and you know up fat girls can be prejudice too :frown:

Chim - Congrats on 41 lbs gone for good:biggrin:

I have noticed that the site has been really slow lately... and in the day and age of immediate gratification – I get perturbed when the site is really slow…

Karri - Glad that you can finally eat. :wink: I ate too much yesterday with my hangover :smile:

Brandy - Whoope - getting rid of fat clothes

Ok - I gotta get to work - just cking in... Talk to ya'll later

xoxo

J

How are you healing from your infection? Hope you are doing well now. I don't know if you mentioned this before and I apologize in advance if you will have to repeat yourself but when will you be having surgery on your breast again to replace the implant if you don't mind my asking.

Hi jackie. Thanks for your advice. And you too Karri. I'm going to start eating more salads. Also get some spritzers. That should help. :frown:

I'm doing catch-up at the moment. I haven't had any e-mail notifications of new posts, but I was busy this weekend anyway.

I saw my plastic surgeon on Friday and he gave me a thumbs up as far as healing goes. I have to massage my small breast every day to keep the scar tissue from going hard and making his job more difficult. It was a little tender the first time he showed me how, but he explained that I've been favoring my side and some of the tendons in my arm and armpit have become tight. They certainly have. So I'm gently massaging and moving and stretching my arms out to loosen things up and keep them loose until my next surgery. Making sure any scarring in my breast is kept as soft as possible and doesn't have a chance to harden.

He gave me 6 weeks of healing time. I have mixed emotions about that because on one hand I want to give my body the time it needs to heal, on the other hand I want to get the implant back in to even my body up and start that new healing process right away. Healing, healing, healing, that's all my life has become. Sad but true. :smile:

I see him again on Feb 22 and he will decide then when to schedule me for surgery. It shouldn't be too long after that. He has an operating theatre in his office so he doesn't have to schedule hospital time. It's still a little ways off. I was hoping to get a fill in before then and it may work out well for me, seeing as how I can't get in to see my band surgeon until early Feb anyway. One thing I don't want is to be dealing with band restriction issues on top of breast surgery issues. One drama at a time thanks, lol.

I've been very good since my last rant and haven't succumbed to eating everything out of the fridge and pantry, although I've been tempted and tested many times. I've enlisted my hubby's help. It's time I started getting more people involved with my problem who can and will assist me. Instead of keeping my hunger to myself and trying to deal with it on my own and failing and pigging out.... well, you all know the procedure.... I've decided that when I feel hungry, I'll go to my husband and tell him so. Sometimes it just helps being able to scream "I'M STARVING!!!!" and getting it off my chest. We've gone for walks, gone for a drive, played on my son's WII, cleaned out a closet.... something to keep my brain off food. It's been a big help. He's terrific.

My weight today was back down to 196. I'm on the treadmill again most mornings and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's tough dragging my body out of bed early, but I have to get up anyway to get my little man off to school. By the time he's out the door I'm too awake to go back to bed so I hit the gym in our apartment complex and feel better both physically and mentally. So strange that exercise has become such a friend to me. :Banane42: I need to frame that sentence. I don't think I've ever said it before. lol

All the hardest battles with everything seem to go on in my head! I wish there was some kind of brain surgery to fix me up, lol.

See, that's all we have to do in Wisconsin--Packers and party. We need to win today so we have something to look forward to besides the cold, slushy, grey landscape that will be here for the next 5 months! We need the green and gold! 7 hours 15 minutes!! GO PACK

CONGRATS TO THE PACKS! :smile:

*sigh* Cowboys. :Banane42::frown:

Dini!!!!! OMG you look fantastic! :Banane42::smile:

As for your friend, call her again and see if she's free. If she really was busy, it may have slipped her mind to get back to you. If there's a problem, there's no time like the present to find out what it is and what can be done about it.

Just thought I would share my good news.

That's great news Karri. Glad to hear that things settled down for you and you can go back to enjoying food again. And so nice of him to put you on a priority list for appointments because of the distance. :smile:

I have quit being notified when there are new posts via email. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix that? It worked fine and now the past month or so I get no emails to tell me someone has posted to this thread. Help!!

Mine doesn't work either. I've decided to Bookmark the thread instead and just check in on it when I have the time instead of waiting for an e-mail notification.

Dini - You look fantastic.

Karri - I'm glad you're able to eat again.

I don't get e-mails either, anymore. Used to get a lot of them but not anymore. I just check in here everyday. I need the encouragement I find here, even if I don't post. I see more responses here today than I saw all weekend. Hope noone overdid the liquid calories this weekend.

Dini,

You look FANTASTIC!! What a difference! Thanks for posting those before and after pics!! You must be at goal now, huh??

I am so sick of liquid calories, I don't ever want to consume them again! Actually I don't drink alcohol at all. I get a terrible headache about 3 sips in, so it was one of those things that I didn't have to give up. I didn't drink soda either so I lucked out on those things. I think I overdid the exercise this weekend. My port area is very sore. If you push around there you can fill a big knot in my ab muscles. When I go home after school I am going to try a hot wash cloth to see if that will loosen it up. I am not sure if I am going to get my exercising in for the day.

Just to let you know girls, I am getting email notifications of all the threads I post on... daily.

Like Janet said, try checking below on the page to see what little boxes are ticked off.

Well, I tested out my band restriction today... not a good idea but heh I worked a 13 1/2 hour day and I didn't bring enough "good quality" food with me so I stopped at McD's on the way home.

3/4 of the way into my 1/4 pounder I thought I was gonna die... golf ball... its been months since I felt THAT... So now I am drinking my cocoa and am feeling much better.

All in all cals for the day were 1300 so I'm only 200 over my quota for the day... dumb, dumb, dumb...

Must do better planning tomorrow for lunch!

Just to let you know girls, I am getting email notifications of all the threads I post on... daily.

Like Janet said, try checking below on the page to see what little boxes are ticked off.

Well, I tested out my band restriction today... not a good idea but heh I worked a 13 1/2 hour day and I didn't bring enough "good quality" food with me so I stopped at McD's on the way home.

3/4 of the way into my 1/4 pounder I thought I was gonna die... golf ball... its been months since I felt THAT... So now I am drinking my cocoa and am feeling much better.

All in all cals for the day were 1300 so I'm only 200 over my quota for the day... dumb, dumb, dumb...

Must do better planning tomorrow for lunch!

Peaches

At least you have restriction:rolleyes:

Food cop on partol. :eek:Quater Pounder :smile:

Better choice would have been a grilled chicken wrap - 270 calorie....

But 1300 isn't bad ....

Yes - Eating healthy is all about the planning - Since i had a hangover :redface:from all those liquid calories on saturday.. - I didn't make it to the store for my weekly veggies yesterday.. Thankfully I had enought for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow and do have a few frozen in the fridge. And bought fish as costco new yrs so I have enought for a while

I make my rice and then put it in the little 1/2c containers and all i have to do during the week is nuke them - make my veggies & fish - Janet's 20 minute healthy meals..

So I guess I will have to stop at the store on my way home or go after the gym tomorrow -

Well I was just cking in for the evening - just put my dinner in the oven and it's 8:30 - I don't know where the evening went .....

Peaches I was feeling the golfball/soccerball feeling in my chest. I can't even imagine eating anything with bread right now! And I have to agree with Janet, I was shaking my finger at you! I am still struggling to get to 1000 calories. I think I was just below 800 tonight. I still am going to have to go in on Monday of next week and get a bit taken out of this fill. It is okay now, but I am tired of my meals taking an hour to eat. I did go to work today and it is a good thing that my prep period goes into my lunch cause otherwise I wouldn't have time to eat. It just isn't worth it. On a good note though my weight did go down now that I am back on real foods. I really don't have much tolerance for sugar so when I am on Protein Shakes the overabundance of carbs prohibits me from losing any weight. As soon as I go off and stop drinking sugars the weight starts coming off. Gosh darn NBC. Tonight is American Gladiators and tomorrow is biggest loser. This kills my bedtime! And no I don't have TIVO. In fact we don't even have cable, just an antenna on top of our TV!! Well I am off to bed as soon as this is over.

Janet, how do u cook your fish? Just out of curiosity. LoL

I put a little olive oil in a baking dish - roll the fish in it (usually cat fish or salmon - sometime tilpia (sp)) salt pepper and garlic powder - bake 350 for about 20 min (depends on the thickness) - then for variety i will put some parmensan cheese on it - or El Pato (spicy tomatoe sauce yellow can with a duck on it buy the tomatoe sauce) and some times I will dip it in egg beaters - roll in corn meal - spray with pam and bake.