Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi 7s :wave:

I haven't been on since before Christmas and thought I'd come back because I "need" this group. You all help keep me in check and I've been lacking lately. Some of it is self pity, some of it not, but I'm tired of finding excuses so I'm here to get back on track again.

Just before Christmas I was having some pain problems with my left breast. As you know I had a lift and implants in November. Well in early December one of the incisions under the breast opened a little. My surgeon stitched it up and put me on a week worth of antibiotics. Two days after that script ran out I was feeling some pain in my breast again. When I went to clean the area, I noticed there was a milky white discharge. The stitches were still in place but it was oozing from behind them. I didn't want to do anything wrong so I called my surgeon spoke with him about it. He asked if I was running a fever or if there was swelling or redness in my breasts, to which I said "no". So he told me to meet him at his office the following morning and not to eat anything after midnight just in case he needed to go in and take a look around to see what was happening.

So Christmas Eve at 8am I'm in my surgeons office and he has his emergency team with him. He tells me he'll need to go in and take a look around and if he finds anything out of the ordinary, he'll have to remove the implant. This news upset me as I'd waited such a long time for them. Not only that, my mind was already tallying up how much this surgery was going to cost and how much it would cost me in the future to have it replaced. He told me if he did have to remove it, he'd only be removing the one and leaving the other there. The implant would still be under warranty so I wouldn't have to worry about the cost of that. At that point I was almost in tears because I was still worried about the addition costs; bringing him and his team out on a public holiday, the anesthesia, the post-op drugs, the follow-up surgery; everything was mounting up in my head.

Then he told me the best news ever. It would all be done at no extra cost to me. I could have kissed him right then and there. After all the drama I've had to go through with the insurance company for my lap band surgery, (oh and I'm still having drama with that, but that's another story for another day) I couldn't believe what he was telling me.

But I digress.....

So he went in to see what was going on and it turns out I'd developed an infection. There was good news and bad news. The good news was he caught it early and there was minimal damage to my natural breast tissue. The bad news was he had to remove the implant and clean out a Protein build-up that was causing the infection.

So now I have 2 different sized breasts. :( It's been emotionally draining and if I'm honest, a lot harder to deal with physically than my lap band surgery. I've been very moody. I've had to keep in constant contact with my surgeon and visit him sometimes twice a week. He's been very protective, and while I certainly appreciate that, it's tiring have to visit him so often on top of trying to heal, trying to enjoy the holidays, trying to keep my eating in check, trying not to be a total biatch!!!! :) It's been a battle I've lost more often than I've won. :(

My weight has been up and down. Thankfully it's not gone back into the 200's yet *touch wood*. I've been down to 194 and up to 198 and it's hard trying to keep out of the fridge and pantry when I haven't been able to head off to the gym and walk those thoughts off on the treadmill.

But I got the all clear to exercise again yesterday and I've been able to get my gym fix (albeit a little more slowly) the past two days. I never ever thought I'd miss exercise! :confused: I guess that's a very unexpected NSV that I'm proud of.

Anyway ladies, it's good to be back again and be able to get all my frustrations out. Thank you all. You're the best. :kiss2:

Wow Frustrated--you should change your SN! Sounds like an awful holiday for you, but it could have been much worse. Thoes post op infections can really be nasty. Hopefully you're over the worst of it and on the road to a full recovery. Take care and remember that there's always someone here for you. Try to really eat all your Protein for good healing, and talk to your doctor about using something like Ecenasia and Vitamin C which are supposed to boost the immune system. Take it slow and easy on the exercise and keep us posted.

Janet, I hear you about not being able to distinguish between head hunger and real hunger. I think most of mine is head hunger. I'm not getting the hunger pains in the pit of my stomach like I did before getting filled, but I still think about food, and what I am going to eat, and when I can eat next, all the time. I hate that, but I don't know what to do about it. I am seing the doctor next week, and hopefully he will agree that I need a fill since I am able to eat much more than I used to, the weight loss has slowed down the last three weeks, and I have lost about 50 pounds since my last fill. I don't want to be too tight because I am cheap and have to pay $300 each time i go in. The last time, I know I was too tight, but I think I passed the "sweet spot" a month ago.

Anyway, the band certanily is not a magic bullet, but I still know that it's helped me control portion sizes, and real hunger--which is what I hoped it would do. The rest is up to me.

By the way, I bought some frozen samon this week. I never prepared it before, but I love to eat it in resturants these days. How do you make it?

Olive Oil in a frying pan, just a drizzle and spray with PAM. Then I crush 2 cloves of fresh GARLIC into the oil. Sprinkile in some crushed fresh Rosemary leaves.... YUM,, and then saute my Salmon fillet in the pan... just a few minutes on each side until it'll flake with a fork.. and its done.. I serve it with steamed veggies and YUM, YUM, YUM lots of Omega 3's in there!!!

Olive Oil in a frying pan, just a drizzle and spray with PAM. Then I crush 2 cloves of fresh GARLIC into the oil. Sprinkile in some crushed fresh Rosemary leaves.... YUM,, and then saute my Salmon fillet in the pan... just a few minutes on each side until it'll flake with a fork.. and its done.. I serve it with steamed veggies and YUM, YUM, YUM lots of Omega 3's in there!!!

That sounds really good, Peaches! We love salmon. Sometimes cook it on the George Foreman with a little Old Bay Seasoning, olive oil or pam. costco had nice looking salmon today for $4.99/lb so we bought about 24 oz. filet. I love my seafood!

So he went in to see what was going on and it turns out I'd developed an infection. There was good news and bad news. The good news was he caught it early and there was minimal damage to my natural breast tissue. The bad news was he had to remove the implant and clean out a Protein build-up that was causing the infection.

Good to hear from you again, "Frustrated". You have definitely faced some monumental challenges these past few weeks. Hope things start getting better soon! Keep us posted!

Went to thre doctors today. Officially I lost 7 lbs last month. Total of56 pounds. The doctor put .4cc in my 10-12cc band, making a total of 8.2cc. I think I have arrived. Started feeling lightheaded on the way home so I stopped at Quiznos (never been) and ordered one of their Sammys. 2nd to the last bite, I thought I was going to die. Started PBing. That I could handle. Then I started to slime. Never could exactly imagine what that was like. (wasn't sure there was such a thing) Now I know. The sliming went on for pretty close to 1/2 hour. Kept leaning out the car door, spitting. Had a bowl of chicken noodle Soup for dinner and that went down fine. Later, I had a bottle of Water. Found out, I can no longer guzzle it down. And I love water. I am hoping that this is as bad as it gets. I do not want an unfill. I've started an evening round on my exersize bike and that has helped get things going again. So far, since Dec. 4, I have pedaled over 750 miles. Just about 1/2 way to the Texas border on my way to the Riviera Maya.

BTW: I take my shoes off when I come into the house too. Never did growing up though. Think I started cause the husband did it all the time and the little ones playing on the carpet. Now, I just automatically take my shoes off when I enter anybody's house.

Janet, I have the same problem knowing the difference between actual and head hunger. I know it is mostly head hunger/ I just have to know when to quit. Well, I do, I just keep on eating. This fill should help that.

quote=Frustrated;673235]Hi I haven't been on since before Christmas and thought I'd come back because I; need; this group. You all help keep me in check and I've been lacking lately. Some of it is self pity, some of it not, but I'm tired of finding excuses so I'm here to get back on track again But I got the all clear to exercise again yesterday and I've been able to get my gym fix (albeit a little more slowly) the past two days. I never ever thought I'd miss exercise I guess that's a very unexpected NSV that I'm proud of Anyway ladies, it's good to be back again and be able to get all my frustrations out. Thank you all. You're the best.

Ruby - Glad to hear that you are on the mend and it wasn't worse. 4 lbs fluctuation during the holidays and this medical problem that's not that bad - just think in the past you would have just fallen off the wagon all together and would have gained 10 lbs by now. Plus your body may be retaining Water while it's healing

What a great NSV Exercise - Now that you can exercise again - those pounds will come off, plus your body is healing so don't over do it too much.

Do you know when they will be able replace the implant?? I have a niece who's leaked and she had to get replaced - woke up one morning and one boob was smaller than the other - she replaced both with silicone - she had saline... Which are yours?? What are you doing in the meantime?? Does the doc give you a falsie to put in your bra?

Glad to have you back - We are always here for you no matter what the issue is

That sounds really good, Peaches! We love salmon. Sometimes cook it on the George Foreman with a little Old Bay Seasoning, olive oil or pam. costco had nice looking salmon today for $4.99/lb so we bought about 24 oz. filet. I love my seafood![/quote

Phyl - I love seafood too... I had scallops & shrimp in a lite cream sauce over rice last Friday nite - it was yummy

Went to the doctors today. Officially I lost 7 lbs last month. Total of56 pounds. ordered one of their Sammys. 2nd to the last bite, I thought I was going to die. Started PBing. That I could handle. Then I started to slime. Never could exactly imagine what that was like. (wasn't sure there was such a thing) Now I know. Had a bowl of chicken noodle Soup for dinner and that went down fine. Later, I had a bottle of water. Found out, I can no longer guzzle it down. And I love water. I am hoping that this is as bad as it gets. Janet, I have the same problem knowing the difference between actual and head hunger. I know it is mostly head hunger/ I just have to know when to quit. Well, I do, I just keep on eating. This fill should help that.[/quote

Kirajh - My doc makes me go back on the after surgery diet for 4 weeks - I don't to it completely - but I do - do Soups for a few days after a fill then go back to my regular eating cuz my fish, rice, squash are all very soft - and I understand about the water - after my last fill I couldn't guzzle (sp?) it like I use to - but it did get better - and with how fickle our bands can be - I still sometimes can't drink as fast as I want too.. imho you should stick to soups or real soft foods for the first few days and make sure you eat slowly... That's the real kicker for me’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I have a question to pose - do you think getting filled is both a physical help & physiological too.. I have been contemplating this for the last 2 days.

Out loud thinking here... Do you think that we can use our bands to become anorexic well not that totally but that we can abuse a fill...

Like me right now - I want a little one - but I don't think I really need it - but that if he just went in and said ok here you go and really didn't do anything just said he did - would I think oh I am tighter...

Right now I was eating some corn (need to go to the store it's the only veggie I have) and right now have golf ball - I have had 3 bites - normal bites not tiny and I am tight in my chest.. I want to be able to eat more than 1/4 cup of food per meal - I don't think that eating only that much is healthy - I don't want a starvation diet and mentally that's starvation to me.. As it stands now I am eating 1 to 1 1/2 cups per meal

I guess what I am saying here is that with the restriction I have I should be happy with and not want another fill. am I getting too dependant on my band - I don't think so but I guess this is in the back of my mind.

I guess it's just I know this is working now - but what is going to happen in 3 yrs - I got 30 lbs to go to get to goal - and maybe I just want it now and am afraid that I won't get there This 59.5 lbs is the most I have ever lost in my life

I wish I could be as articulate as Karri in explaining my feelings. I get a thought then it leaves me... I hate old age

I guess I am worried that I will rely too much on the band and not on myself ... That's not it either - well not totally but partially - someone help me out here.... is anyone getting what I am trying to say..

Ok I will just post this and see if you guys have ever had these thoughts or understand what I am trying to say..

Am I feeling guilty about my band as a tool - am I afraid of becoming addicted to fills - I am I wanting the weight to come off faster

I think that cuz I have only lost 1/2 a pound for the last two weeks - that something’s wrong - but with the Cookies & tamales I was happy with the 1/2 and with not exercising last week for 4 day -I was happy with the 1/2 lost –

I guess what I am afraid of the platue (sp) that may be coming - I’m afraid that I am not going to lose any more weight - I am afraid I will lose my resolve if the scales don't move downward..

Ok I have a question to pose - do you think getting filled is both a physical help & physiological too.. I have been contemplating this for the last 2 days.

Out loud thinking here... Do you think that we can use our bands to become anorexic well not that totally but that we can abuse a fill...

Like me right now - I want a little one - but I don't think I really need it - but that if he just went in and said ok here you go and really didn't do anything just said he did - would I think oh I am tighter...

Right now I was eating some corn (need to go to the store it's the only veggie I have) and right now have golf ball - I have had 3 bites - normal bites not tiny and I am tight in my chest.. I want to be able to eat more than 1/4 cup of food per meal - I don't think that eating only that much is healthy - I don't want a starvation diet and mentally that's starvation to me.. As it stands now I am eating 1 to 1 1/2 cups per meal

I guess what I am saying here is that with the restriction I have I should be happy with and not want another fill. am I getting too dependant on my band - I don't think so but I guess this is in the back of my mind.

I guess it's just I know this is working now - but what is going to happen in 3 yrs - I got 30 lbs to go to get to goal - and maybe I just want it now and am afraid that I won't get there This 59.5 lbs is the most I have ever lost in my life

I wish I could be as articulate as Karri in explaining my feelings. I get a thought then it leaves me... I hate old age

I guess I am worried that I will rely too much on the band and not on myself ... That's not it either - well not totally but partially - someone help me out here.... is anyone getting what I am trying to say..

Ok I will just post this and see if you guys have ever had these thoughts or understand what I am trying to say..

Am I feeling guilty about my band as a tool - am I afraid of becoming addicted to fills - I am I wanting the weight to come off faster

I think that cuz I have only lost 1/2 a pound for the last two weeks - that something’s wrong - but with the Cookies & tamales I was happy with the 1/2 and with not exercising last week for 4 day -I was happy with the 1/2 lost –

I guess what I am afraid of the platue (sp) that may be coming - I’m afraid that I am not going to lose any more weight - I am afraid I will lose my resolve if the scales don't move downward..

Definitely think that getting a fill IS both physical and psychological... there is more restriction and I know I am expecting that to be there AND I am afraid to test it. I have never had any episodes of pb'ing or sliming... just an occasional "stuck" feeling for a short time... longest was 30 minutes.. That is enough to intimidate me and keep me from pushing to the limit.

I don't think you're in danger of developing an addiction to fills. You have a great deal of self discipline. If you were "addicted" to fills, you would be pushing it, trying to see how much you could eat before the band stopped you.

We all want the weight to come off fast. I was thinking about that today. Someone I hadn't seen since last winter was at Water aerobics this morning. She always used to talk to me, so we happened to be at the same end of the pool this morning and talking about what we did and didn't do over the summer/fall. I mentioned having surgery so she wanted to know more. After that conversation, it got me started thinking about why I chose the band over bypass. When I was researching both procedures, I decided I wanted the bypass. Why??? Because I wanted the weight off FAST!! But once I really thought it through, that was not a good reason to decide on that procedure. FAST is not healthy. Slower is better. And, plateaus are a fact of life. My pattern seems to be to lose 10-12 lb in about 2 weeks, then hover around that weight for several weeks before I start losing again. It can be frustrating, but after several cycles of that, I've just had to learn to deal with it and just stay consistent with what I'm doing because it does work.

You've been diligent about your exercise and about making the right food choices. The weight IS going to come off. Patience, my dear. It's going to be okay. You know my Rx for this situation..... have a little glass of wine and chill!! LOL

The weight IS going to come off. Patience, my dear. It's going to be okay. You know my Rx for this situation..... have a little glass of wine and chill!! LOL

Oh Phyl thank you so much for your reply - this part really had me laughing out loud as I sit here in front of the computer.... 36_11_6.gif

Thanks for your kind words.... I guess it's that I have never been this close to a goal weight before - I see the finish line - but am afraid i won't have enought steam to get there... In all reality I know I will but even me the great rah rah girl has a low moment too and over analizes things ....

My Son just stopped by to say Hi... It was a shock...

Today must be a good day... .

Again - 23_30_126.gif Thanks for the laugh - and I won't have the wine too many calories but I will finish my dinner.< /span>

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

I am sure that we have all had this feeling. But here is something that I can attest to from first hand experience. When I had to be completely unfilled, it was a great eye opening experience. I always thought that maybe I just paid 17000 to get in a mind set. That maybe this band wasn't doing anything because I had never felt restriction. Then after 42 days of being unfilled, I realized that this band is a tool that we SHOULD use. Are we going to abuse it? At times probably, but I think that we do that with all tools. Our car is a tool that we use often, and abuse a lot, but I don't think that I would stop using it because I was afraid that I was going to become addicted to it. I live a mile from work and should just walk, but I don't. That in a way is an abuse of the tool (the car). Our washing machines are tools. We could wash our clothes in the sink (I did this during a very POOR time in my life) but does that really make sense? I could list the tools that we abuse, but I am certain that you get the point.

Fills are a very personal thing (just like the entire journey). They are both physical and psychological. For me they instill fear. I don't ever want to be as tight as I was after this last fill. Some people LOVE the fact that they can only eat 1/4 cup of food. IT MAKES ME MISERABLE! I did this for health reasons and from a scientific point of view, eating that few calories and that little food is not healthy. I saw on one post that if we are 35 pounds overweight that we have an additional 126000 calories to spare. However, despite the phrase "calories in, calories out" there is a lot more to food than just calories. There are other nutrients (sugar, fat, Protein, Vitamins and minerals). So what I am trying to say is that if you feel like you need a little fill, then I think that is fine. Remember with all the last diets we relied so much on ourselves and we couldn't do it. We need help. We need the tool. Does everyone? Nope. Does that make us weak? I don't think so. I just think that means that we have different needs than other people. Some people need to use a wheelchair because they are amputees (my grandma was) and I don't think she was weak. She could have used crutches to get around like some of her friends, but that wasn't what was going to work for her. It is just a tool that makes our lives more normal. It helps us reach our fullest potential.

As for plateaus...they will probably come and this is where the band is so helpful. Remember those 42 days that I was unfilled and whining like a baby about the scales being stuck? Yeah it sucked. But I knew with the band that it was not going to be like this forever. I have had dreams where I have gotten on the scale and it has actually read (175 lbs and you ain't goin' any lower). Seriously I have had that dream and that fear. But then I wake up and realize that while it MIGHT happen, it most likely will not. Here's the thing for both of us to realize. We are getting pretty close to our goals so the weightloss is going to slow down. In fact I am at the point that I am ready to throw my scale away because I really don't care if I lose any more weight. If I stayed at this exact same weight but I lost size I would be happy.

So my advice is that you get a little fill. If it is too tight you are fortunate enough to go in and have a little taken out. Your doctor seems supportive so if you go back to him and say "Mentally I can't handle eating 1/4 cup of food and this is going to derail my efforts" I think that he would take some of the fill out.

You have amazing dedication and you should be proud of that. There are going to be lapses in judgments and moments of despair. We are human. Doubts are going to creep into our heads, but this is when the band needs to be the tool that we rely on. Think about what would happen if you didn't have the tool and were worrying about similar issues that come with dieting. I know I always turned to food. When I got to my lowest on Atkins I had a night where I thought, what happens if I stop losing weight eating like this. For a couple of nights I wondered and worried and then got in my car, drove to Dairy Queen and Burgerville and consumed more food and carbs than you can imagine. My fear not being successful with the diet literaly drove me into failure. Fortunately with the band, it is not going to let you do that.

Oh and thanks for saying that I was articulate. I always feel like I am rambling. Remember though I have to translate complicated topics like chemistry into everyday "teenage" language on a daily basis.

Well 900 people will probably have responded to your response since I started typing this novel, but I just had a lot to say. You have been a major inspiration in my journey and I am hoping that this will give you a little support. :confused: I believe that you can do this, become healthy and lead a normal life, leaning on the band when you need to: some days it will be more than others.

I am sure that we have all had this feeling. But here is something that I can attest to from first hand experience. When I had to be completely unfilled, it was a great eye opening experience. I always thought that maybe I just paid 17000 to get in a mind set. .

Karri

You have me crying this morning... Good crying - I knew that you would would be able to translate what i was feeling that made more sense. The highlighted above is exactly what I have been thinking.

Like I have said a million times before - no one understands a fat person like another fat person.. We all have the same feelings of insecurities. My freinds here in the desert would never think of me as being insecure

but I am - I just bluff alot - that has always been my defense mechanisam...

i am with you on the if i don't lose any more weight i would be happy - but I think this is what really scares me... I don't want to get comfortable where I am at.. I want to get to 160 if not 150..

You don't ramble - and I don't know why everyone (on other threads) are always say sorry for long post - Heck it takes words to explain things. You can't always put your feelings or questions in 20 words or less..

You are so right about the tool - I love the driving one mile to work - that was a great analogy.. I drive to the gym and it's maybe a little more than 1/4 of a mile....

Between you and Phyl I am feeling better.. I guess I just wanted the reassurance that I am not crazy in my thoughts and wondered if anyone else had these doubts - and I knew you my band daughter would be able to figure out what I was trying to say...

You here are my only real support - most of you have dh or bf - who you can talk to about things and even though I love my singlehood it does have it's draw back - but even if i had a dh or bf they truely wouldn't understand what I am going thru - but you guys do...

Hugs & Love to all of you.... Thank you for all your support...

36_3_16.gif

I am off to the gym.... Will ck back in when I get back...

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Ruby - Glad to hear that you are on the mend and it wasn't worse. 4 lbs fluctuation during the holidays and this medical problem that's not that bad - just think in the past you would have just fallen off the wagon all together and would have gained 10 lbs by now. Plus your body may be retaining Water while it's healing

What a great NSV Exercise - Now that you can exercise again - those pounds will come off, plus your body is healing so don't over do it too much.

Do you know when they will be able replace the implant?? I have a niece who's leaked and she had to get replaced - woke up one morning and one boob was smaller than the other - she replaced both with silicone - she had saline... Which are yours?? What are you doing in the meantime?? Does the doc give you a falsie to put in your bra?

Glad to have you back - We are always here for you no matter what the issue is

First off, thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. :mad:

My surgeon said he wanted to give my body 6 weeks to heal before going in again because of the mild infection I had. He wanted that completely gone. That wouldn't have been an issue with your niece as it would have been a faulty implant and not an infection that was the problem.

I have 800cc saline implants overfilled to 1,000. I considered silicone, but they didn't have the size I wanted so opted for saline. But once things have really settled in, we're hoping that by then the silicone will be available. It currently isn't. I'm not expecting to be ready financially for another year or so anyway, so wasn't planning on an upgrade before then.

My right breast is great! It's starting to soften and plump out. It's nice to have a full feeling breast, rather than a half empty bag of droopy skin. It will be great once they're both the same size again.

In the meantime I have a prosthesis to place inside my bra. It's typically used by women who have had a mastectomy. Nobody notices the difference. Heck, nobody noticed when I had a boob job. I didn't tell anyone about that either. Wearing big sweaters and jackets because of the cooler weather is responsible for that.

You're absolutely right about the 4lb fluctuation. It's nothing to be worried or ashamed over. Thank you for reminding me of that. :confused: I haven't fallen off the bandwagon completely. I've just had a little setback. I can deal with that. No biggie.

If I haven't said it often enough, all you guys are fantastic. You keep me on track and get my head back to where it needs to be. Thank you so much for being part of my life and sharing this journey with me. I'm never alone because I can come here for comfort and support any time of day.

Janet

Pschological or physical? I've asked myself that question many times. And as Karri says, did I spend 17000$ for a mindset? I've questioned that too. In fact, I was getting frustrated at feeling no restriction. I have to admit that psychologically, the band has been great for me. It has given me the impetus to control my eating. Before the band I would look at where I wanted to be and said "NO WAY!" AND JUST KEPT ON EATING. Now, with the band and til yesterday, no restriction, I've basically done it on my own and I feel good about it. My problem, is, I want proof. When I was pregnant, with my youngest daughter, there was a hypnotist in our office building and she offered to hypnotise me so I could quit smoking. RIGHT!! Afterward, I lit up, thought I was going to hurl, so I put the cigarette out. Problem solved, right? Wrong. I had to try it again to see if it still made me sick. Then again and then again till I was back to a pack a day by days end. Losing weight is the same for me. Prove it to me. Okay, this is my book for the day. Hope you all have a good weekend. Mine is going pretty good. The weather is above freezing and the 12 inches of snow we got last weekend is melting. Yipee!!

TALK TO YOU ALL LATER.

Ruby-OMYGOSH!!! Thank heavens they caught the infection. Take it easy and heal now. The scales will move again. My hat is off to you!! You have stayed within 4 lbs through the holidays and this whole infection business. Think of yourself pre band. Would you have been able to stay in that range or would you have tried eating your frustrations away. Good luck and keep us posted.

Janet- For me I think the fills are both physical and psychological. I struggle with that alot. I am actually dealing with a lot of that right now. For me, right after I get a fill I am in the mindset that I am just got a fill and my band is tighter so I can't eat much. I have the whole mind thing going as well as the physical. After a few weeks I have found that I am eating more. I have mentally been challenging myself. When I want to eat or am eating I ask myself 'are you really hungry or just eating because you are having head hunger.' Am I really eating the amount that I do because I am hungry or because I can physically do it. I have to admit that I have caught yself eating more than I should because I can. I mean don't get me wrong I do not eat more than 2 times a day and most days only 2 because I am just not really hungry. My problem is as you have talked about several times. I want food at night. I have always been one that sets up late at night and the rest of my family is in bed sleeping. I set up and watch television and then I find myself wanting to eat. I have never been one for sweets or things like that but it is still calories to late aat night. Now if I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to have something because my mind just will NOT give up I might have a 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese or something like that. Something that still has some calories but FEW and that is good for me. I have changed many things since being banded but that night hunger I don't think will ever change. After each fill it goes away for a while and then after 3-4 weeks it returns again.

Peaches thanks for the recipe for Salmon. I bought some the other day and had no idea how I was going to cook it. I have only had salmon one way and that is how my grandma used to make it. Salmon patties. Canned salmon, crushed crackers with egg, salt and pepper. Make them into patties and fry them in a bit of butter. Well that is out. I do not eat ANYTHING fried and have never in the 4 years that we lived here fried anything in my house because I don't like the smell of fried food so I needed a recipe to try. This will be so much healthier. Thanks!!

Phyl I too take my shoes off right inside the door or my house and any one elses that we may go to. I always have. I am a little OCD when it comes to my house being spotless and having everything in its place at all times and when we go somewhere I take my shoes off out of respect because I would expect people to do the same at my house. LOL Even my teenage children do it because that is how they have been raised.

Well I have no gotten the results to my blood work back yet. Janet to answer your question about being depressed no I haven't been. Nothing has happened that has upset me lately and things actually seem do be going fine. I did start taking my B-12 complex again this week and my doc told me to increase my multi-vitamins by 1 more gummi 2 times a day and the past few days have been better. I am at least back among the living and functioning again. I will let you all know how things turn out. I have an appointment on Wednesday so I will find out then how the blood work turned out.