Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

To all of you who visit this forum at work and don't want your employer to know: Just be careful at work because when you log on to the network every thing you do is tracked and every internet site you visit. I.

Our IT person is my very good gf of 20 yrs - so I don't have to worry about getting caught - heck my producer is always sending me stupid hilary put downs or joke... It's a good thing to make friend with your IT person :o Hope you knee is better - even as much as I dislike exercising - i think i would miss it if I couldn't...

I went for my 7th fill today. I had 5.5, she put in .1

I told her I just wanted a little. I did lose 1lb, I didn't think I lost anything. I did eat sweets and drink during the holidays.

All sweets are now gone. I sweated to the Oldies again today.

Mango 7th fill - that's a lot - heck - i have only had 2 and he wouldn't give me one on 12/21 cuz I had lost 17.5 in the 2 prior months... I think I could use just a tad - I am eating a little more than I would like...

but I go back on 1/23 - so I can hold out until then

O.k. Janet, you've inspired me to get off-a-my-butt.

I have been feeling sorry for myself, but tonight I went out for a nice refreshing walk. -10 degrees Celcius here... I had on my belaclava, hood, thermal leggings under my slacks, mitts & coat & boots. It actually felt good. My Dear Doggy wanted to come but it was too cold for them, even with their doggy coats!!!!

I am going to do 'something' everyday...

O.k. Janet, you've inspired me to get off-a-my-butt.

I have been feeling sorry for myself, but tonight I went out for a nice refreshing walk. -10 degrees Celcius here... I had on my belaclava, hood, thermal leggings under my slacks, mitts & coat & boots. It actually felt good. My Dear Doggy wanted to come but it was too cold for them, even with their doggy coats!!!!

I am going to do 'something' everyday...

Peaches

I am glad that I got you moving... For me it's all about the exercise...

I did have a few Cookies & tamales during the holidays - I contribute the no weight gain to the exercise. I could eat more food right now but I am really trying not to - I have been losing .5 lbs each week for the last 2 weeks and I would love to see 1 or 2 pounds gone by next Thursday...

I am 1/2 lb from 60 total and I would love to lose 5 lbs by my Bday at the end of the month - it would be great to be 185 on my 53rd bday....

I don't know about the cold - since I live in the Desert - but I guess if you have enought stuff to keep you warm I would do it - last night i was watching my tivo of the clash of choirs and when they were singing Celebrate i was up dancing - and I got some weights to work my arms while i warch t.v.

You go tomorrow to see if you have a leak or is it next week? I don't find that my band takes away my hunger - cuz i always have head hunger but it does help with the Portion Control to a degree - i don't know - i really think i could eat more food if i really wanted to - especially bad unhealthy foods. I am just totally in the zone (well 98% of the time) so i don't... I think before I put stuff in my mouth...

And if you are able to exercise you should - there are so many our age and older who can't - due to all the problems from being overweight and it will help you live longer and be more youthful... (i know that word got to you :bounce:- that's the real motivator :bounce:

I gave in to the chocolate temptation once again today ... just when I was doing so good, getting back on track after the holidays, I let myself go and had 4 chocolate truffles. I suppose it could have been worse, I could have eaten the whole bag ... but I was feeling pretty guilty about it, so much that I extended my evening walk an extra 15 minutes to burn more calories. :o

I've been debating on whether or not to get another fill ... the last time I got one I ended up having to go back for an unfill, I guess part of me is afraid of the same thing happening again. The pain of being overfilled is horrible and definitely something I never want to go through again. I don't overeat, or stuff myself to the point of being in pain and currently I'm not getting hungry between meals (so I might not actually NEED a fill) but it seems the only way for me to lose weight at the moment is to stick to an almost all Protein diet, like Atkins. I just wish I could eat normally and lose weight. Janet, was it you who said you ate rice with your evening meal quite often?? I love rice but if I eat it I don't lose. I know we're all different, I guess I still need to find what works for me aside from Atkins. :phanvan

BlooEyez - The band is weird. On my 4th fill I was up to 5. I closed completely and had to go back to have some taken out. I couldn't swallow spit. I was drooling into a cup.

Today I had another fill .1 to my 5.5, so I'm at 5.6. So far I'm fine. I had 5.5 for all of Dec. with no problems.

I gave in to the chocolate temptation once again today ... just when I was doing so good, getting back on track after the holidays, I let myself go and had 4 chocolate truffles. I suppose it could have been worse, I could have eaten the whole bag ... but I was feeling pretty guilty about it, so much that I extended my evening walk an extra 15 minutes to burn more calories. :o

I've been debating on whether or not to get another fill ... the last time I got one I ended up having to go back for an unfill, I guess part of me is afraid of the same thing happening again. The pain of being overfilled is horrible and definitely something I never want to go through again. I don't overeat, or stuff myself to the point of being in pain and currently I'm not getting hungry between meals (so I might not actually NEED a fill) but it seems the only way for me to lose weight at the moment is to stick to an almost all Protein diet, like Atkins. I just wish I could eat normally and lose weight. Janet, was it you who said you ate rice with your evening meal quite often?? I love rice but if I eat it I don't lose. I know we're all different, I guess I still need to find what works for me aside from Atkins. :phanvan

While I no longer follow strict atkins, I find myself eating mostly Protein. Right now that is all that I can eat and still hit my protein. I am still pretty tight. Here is what I have been doing before the tight fill. If we were having spaghetti, I would have mostly the sauce and the meat but would have like 6 noodles just so that I didn't feel deprived. I can't eat rice (even when I was unfilled). When it comes to carbs, I know that I don't respond well to them, but I will be d*mned if I am going to give them up completly. So now it is just about having a tiny amount. If we went out to eat and there was bread on the table, I would have 1/2 a piece. For potatoes I would have a tablespoon. That way the carbs aren't so high that they are going to derail you, but still allows you to have a somewhat balanced meal. Maybe you could do the same thing with rice. This is just what works for me and you are talking to the queen of Atkins. Before I did the Taliban version (less than 10 grams of carbs) but now I make sure that I get enough so that I don't eventually go on a binge like I have before. The small amoutns are enough to keep my cravings at bay while not derailing the weightloss plan.

BlooEyes

Yes I have 1/2 cup of rice almost every night with dinner. but that's about it for my carbs (usually)

Today I had

dannon lite & fit yogurt with1/2 banana

3 oz salmon and 1 cup spinach & 4 corn tortilla chips

the othe half of banana after lunch - I was hungry...

1 clear Protein drink

4 oz salmon

1/2 cup rice

2 reduce fat trisket (sp) w/mustard 3/4 oz cheeze

850 c so far and about 75 grms of pt

budget for midnight kitchen raid

80 fudgeclice & 1 sf pudding 60 c

So That will give me about 990 c for the day & 80 grm of pt and I haven't eaten my yellow crooked neck squash yet cuz I am full from dinner but if i get hungry (mostly head hunger for me at night) i will have some of my veggies..

and I walked 3 mile at the gym tonite

I am a WW girl - so that's pretty much the food plan I follow - I have been having snack bag of smart pop popcorn at night lately for that gotta crunch mode

I guess I am lucky - as long as I weigh & measure my food (well I don't measure veggies - but i have a small bowl that holds one cup) 1 cup is alot of food in reality

but i still disagree that 1/4 of a pint of ice cream is a serving - :) back with my fat brain 1 pt was one serving now with my band brain I still think at least 1/2 pint s/b a serving) - i don't eat it but heck come 1/4 of a pint -

My suggestion - is throw the truffles out.... if they aren't there you won't eat them - i did not have one piece of see's candy over the holidays - in fact the only treats i had were when I made xmas Cookies w/grandaughters - i didn't have any of the sweets that were in my office not one...

Jello makes a sf double choc pudding which is excellent

i eat these when i need my choc fix...

Hey there Bandsters, hope everyone is good and having a Great New Year!! I know I have been MIA for a while. Took some time off of work and just been enjoying the home life. Back to the grind now. Got on the scale this morning and after two weeks it finally moved 4 lbs. YAY ME!! Got a NSV, my 8's are getting too big...lol...that was funny just to type it. Could I be going into a 6? Just blows my mind. Down 50 pounds in 5 months. WOW!!! Made a new years resolution to start going to the gym at least 3x's a week. I have had a membership just always able to make an excuses of why I cant go. Not this time. Exercise starts now...I have lost 50lbs without exercising, i can only imagine how much would be gone if I had been doing what I was suppose to. Only 14 lbs till my goal of 135...

Peaches

I am glad that I got you moving... For me it's all about the exercise...

I did have a few Cookies & tamales during the holidays - I contribute the no weight gain to the exercise. I could eat more food right now but I am really trying not to - I have been losing .5 lbs each week for the last 2 weeks and I would love to see 1 or 2 pounds gone by next Thursday...

I am 1/2 lb from 60 total and I would love to lose 5 lbs by my Bday at the end of the month - it would be great to be 185 on my 53rd bday....

I don't know about the cold - since I live in the Desert - but I guess if you have enought stuff to keep you warm I would do it - last night i was watching my tivo of the clash of choirs and when they were singing Celebrate i was up dancing - and I got some weights to work my arms while i warch t.v.

You go tomorrow to see if you have a leak or is it next week? I don't find that my band takes away my hunger - cuz i always have head hunger but it does help with the Portion Control to a degree - i don't know - i really think i could eat more food if i really wanted to - especially bad unhealthy foods. I am just totally in the zone (well 98% of the time) so i don't... I think before I put stuff in my mouth...

And if you are able to exercise you should - there are so many our age and older who can't - due to all the problems from being overweight and it will help you live longer and be more youthful... (i know that word got to you :bounce:- that's the real motivator :bounce:

Ha,ha,ha Janet.....

I go for my Xray Monday 7th Jan... I'll know more then.

Do you think you might need a tiny fill?

When was your last one?

I'm so excited. I finally past the 40 pound mark. Yeah! I'm averaging about 1.6 lbs a week which I think I great. I'm happy about my weight loss.

Yesterday I was able to fit into some of my XL's that I haven't worn in a long time. I'm glad the holidays are over and the sweets and liquid calories are gone. For Christmas a friend gave me a year membership to Bally's. So now I can work on weights in addition to my bike riding. A few years ago, I was an avid bike rider. Recently I started riding started riding again. My goal for the new year is to get back to riding 60-75 miles a week (15 miles a day) and do weights at the gym 3 days a week.

Could I be going into a 6? Just blows my mind. Down 50 pounds in 5 months. WOW!!! Made a new years resolution to start going to the gym at least 3x's a week. I have had a membership just always able to make an excuses of why I cant go. Not this time. Exercise starts now...I have lost 50lbs without exercising, i can only imagine how much would be gone if I had been doing what I was suppose to. Only 14 lbs till my goal of 135...

Distant - NO MORE EXCUSES... Get your butt to the gym.. Congrats on the size 6 pants - we want a pic

Ha,ha,ha Janet.....

I go for my Xray Monday 7th Jan... I'll know more then.

Do you think you might need a tiny fill?

When was your last one?

Ok 1/7 is my nieces bday - I will remember now :)

I think i could use just a small one - my last fill was 10/24 - when I went to the doc on 12/19 he said I didn't need one cuz i had lost 17.5 lbs since my last visit -I sorta agreed with him at the time he said I was losing better than most his banders that I was losing like a bypass person.

He does want you to be able to eat and I do agree with that - cuz if i could only eat 1/2 cup of food - then my brain say omg a person can't live off that - I still have that mentallity when I am full on 1 cup - I think - you need more food

I think my biggest problem still is the head hunger - I was full from fish & rice last nite - but before bed wanted to eat - had 2 bites of prime rib and got that golf ball - knew I wasn't really hunger - just want to taste the food cuz it's good - but the pain of that golf ball makes you just say it's not worth it...

My midnite run was jucie (lite crangrape 40 c for 1 cup).

So do i need a fill - i really don't know - it is so hard to distinguish between real hunger and head hunger at times - just cuz i'm full phyically - mentally i'm not.

I go back to the doc in 3 weeks and as long as I stay busy and get my exercise in I will be ok.

This weekend is suppose to be rainy - so that's Soup weather (good for the waist line) and I have an Earth Wind & Fire concert to go to on the 12th - so need to get something cute for that - so might hit the mall on Saturday..

Talk to ya later...

Janet, I hear you about not being able to distinguish between head hunger and real hunger. I think most of mine is head hunger. I'm not getting the hunger pains in the pit of my stomach like I did before getting filled, but I still think about food, and what I am going to eat, and when I can eat next, all the time. I hate that, but I don't know what to do about it. I am seing the doctor next week, and hopefully he will agree that I need a fill since I am able to eat much more than I used to, the weight loss has slowed down the last three weeks, and I have lost about 50 pounds since my last fill. I don't want to be too tight because I am cheap and have to pay $300 each time i go in. The last time, I know I was too tight, but I think I passed the "sweet spot" a month ago.

Anyway, the band certanily is not a magic bullet, but I still know that it's helped me control portion sizes, and real hunger--which is what I hoped it would do. The rest is up to me.

By the way, I bought some frozen samon this week. I never prepared it before, but I love to eat it in resturants these days. How do you make it?

Janet, I hear you about not being able to distinguish between head hunger and real hunger. I think most of mine is head hunger. I'm not getting the hunger pains in the pit of my stomach like I did before getting filled, but I still think about food, and what I am going to eat, and when I can eat next, all the time. I hate that, but I don't know what to do about it. I am seing the doctor next week, and hopefully he will agree that I need a fill since I am able to eat much more than I used to, the weight loss has slowed down the last three weeks, and I have lost about 50 pounds since my last fill. I don't want to be too tight because I am cheap and have to pay $300 each time i go in. The last time, I know I was too tight, but I think I passed the "sweet spot" a month ago.

Anyway, the band certanily is not a magic bullet, but I still know that it's helped me control portion sizes, and real hunger--which is what I hoped it would do. The rest is up to me.

By the way, I bought some frozen samon this week. I never prepared it before, but I love to eat it in resturants these days. How do you make it?

Linda

I just put some evoo for those racheal ray fans (olive oil) in my baking dish - rinse my fish - toss in the olive oil - put garlic powder salt & pepper on both sides and bake 350 for about 10 - 15 mins depending on the thickness - did you buy the blue bag?? thats what i use - but be aware that 1 of the packages is 7 oz 340 calories - so I cut mine in about half eat the bigger of the 2 piece for dinner (4oz which is a serving) and take the other half for lunch (3oz)

Prior to banding I ate when I was hungry no diff than now really - I eat about the same schedule (B/L/D and on weekend it just depended what i was doing - if nothing i would pig out and sleep and if I was busy doing something i wouldn't think about food)- but the big diff is in the quanity of food I eat and the choices of food along with the exercise. I have never lost this much weight before - I had lost about 35 to 40 lbs before - but it was with the help of drugs :)...

For me I don't think that the band helps my hunger per se - it just helps with the amount and it is my interior motivation to change my unhealthy way..

Thanks for the quick response, Janet. I'm going to make it tomorrow. I'll let you know! Have fun shopping for something cool to wear to the concert. Get some brown suede high healed boots with pointy toes and some new dark wash jeans. DD talked me into buying that and I loved the look. I'll be looking to hear what you got--maybe even a pic? We'd have a blast shopping together!!! Maybe I'll have to visit DS in Pasadena sometime and arrange to meet up somewhere!

Thanks for the quick response, Janet. I'm going to make it tomorrow. I'll let you know! Have fun shopping for something cool to wear to the concert. Get some brown suede high healed boots with pointy toes and some new dark wash jeans. DD talked me into buying that and I loved the look. I'll be looking to hear what you got--maybe even a pic? We'd have a blast shopping together!!! Maybe I'll have to visit DS in Pasadena sometime and arrange to meet up somewhere!

Sounds good - well i am on my way to the gym - i will be on later.