Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Beni Awesome!! I am almost to week 2 myself, it's hard sometimes because I'm a gulper too lol, I did the same thing last night with my Powerade after shopping! All in time I guess :)

Oh wow @TinaC....I hope you feel better! That sounds like it to me...it's making me wonder, cuz that night for dinner, I used the 98% ff cream of chicken Soup to add to my mushed chicken....hmmm. Anywho, feel better chickie!

I made the family scalloped potatoes and ham the other night. Do you think that would be hard on my pouch if I pureed it?

I think it would be just fine puréed. ????

I had surgery RNY on oct 28 I have felt great since I came home a little stomach soreness but no dumping or cramping. I saw my surgeon and dietitian yesterday they started me on phase 3 of my diet this morning I ate 1 scrambled egg and 2 scoops of grits I mixed them together and I was little worried about dumping but the crazy thing was I was completely full after eating only half of it stomach was fine no issues

eggs always fill me up way before a half of a cup. 1 scrambled egg is all I can handle.

Has anyone had any issues with plain Water? Almost every time I drink it (usually at room temp), my stomach hurts. Not my pouch, but my intestinal area....I suppose I should stop referring to it as "stomach", lol. It's a crampy feeling that usually subsides after awhile, but it's uncomfortable. I don't know that it makes a difference, but I've been drinking bottled water. Any advice is appreciated!

I cramp up with water as well. Anything else goes down just fine. It doesn't even have to be a big sip of water.

Has anyone had any issues with plain Water? Almost every time I drink it (usually at room temp), my stomach hurts. Not my pouch, but my intestinal area....I suppose I should stop referring to it as "stomach", lol. It's a crampy feeling that usually subsides after awhile, but it's uncomfortable. I don't know that it makes a difference, but I've been drinking bottled water. Any advice is appreciated!

Yes! You are describing what happens to me with plain water. Weird thing is if I drink crystal light it doesn't do it.

So I'm about to be told a whiner so bear with me. I have hit another intermission has been a week since I've lost anything besides the 4 pounds I lost briefly after my last intermission. Ugh. It seems like I might be one of the slow revision losers that has been mentioned before. Plus it seems that eating At work will become a chore. We only ever get 30 minutes to eat at a time. I may have to ask my boss if I can take an extra 10 to really focus on eating.

Edited by AuriP

Eating takes forever. After 3 baby spoons I feel like I need to go for a walk. Oh my, this is going to take some getting used to. Yogurt on the other hand, perfect. I'll have to live off that.

I did have the unsweetened apple sauce last night with a touch of cinnamon. It wasn't a fave. I think it would be fine if I had something else first and then a couple spoon as "dessert" but all of it was too much sweetness for me. I am doing a mashed potato with chicken broth for dinner. I went out today and ate my lunch in the car. I sat in the car for 30 minutes and I cannot believe how many people eat in their cars. I guess I never sat in a car that long babysitting a tiny cup of oatmeal before. At one point I had a lady across from me and two cars down stuffing her face with a sub. I was a little jealous. All this food everywhere. In every direction I looked was a favorite restaurant. I was getting a little worried and went home taking a country road with not restaurants on the way. I am having a little head hunger. It's not bad but I have to address it before it gets bad.

So I had a long conversation with my Best Girlfriend (BFF)tonight she has been very supportive but worried throughout the year I researched Bariatric surgery, finding my surgeon, going thru Pre-Op, the VSG surgery and the beginning of my Post-Op. She was worried for months a mutual friend died after Bariatric surgery back in 2001. My BFF & I have been on countless diets together over the years & often I would try something or she would and soon the other would try it. Somehow she always carried her weight abit better then me finding stylish clothes. But Today I realized my decision is going to challenge our friendship of more than 40 years. Her daughter even told her god-mommy is going to leave you because she's going to get skinny.

I told her I was concerned about my weight loss slowing down I only lost 3LBS this week and that I figured a stall was coming eventually. She told me she knows I am going to lose the weight because I had my stomach cut, how could I not. And after all at 264 LBS 5f 6inch I wasn't really overweight according to her. And I only had a CPAC machine and I was only pre-diabetic not diabetic. And as I told her about all the reading I'm doing about making better food choices, choosing more nutritions food and not being an emotional eater. She said but you don't get hungry they cut that out. ComeOn be real she told me be real you "cheated"

So it not like your losing weight the "natural" way. What?????

I've known her since we were Kids & I think will get thru this but I was/ am over weight. I was huffing and puffing after waking a block,my feet throbbed after a day at work. I hated the CPAC. I was getting Bronchitis every couple months, I was diagnosed Pre Diabetic.0, I could barely walk up a set of stairs. I Was miserable. This surgery was my answer and I did " not cheat".I chose to go under the knife and everyday I choose what I put in my mouth. Yes the pouch keeps me down to 1/2 cup at one time but I choose a Protein shake over a ice cream shake. I sip Water all day & not juice or soda pop.

Yes I have an amazing tool but it's my decision and my actions that get me out the door everyday to walk almost 3 miles.

And it's my actions that will get me to my goal weight and a whole lot of daily actions that will enable me to achieve that elusive Golden Egg - Lifetime Maintenance. I so hope my BFF will be with me when I do.

Edited by Jyoyonomore

this is day 10. i am amazed at how good i feel. i had very little pain. my belly looks like a battlefield after so many lap procedures (hernia, gallbladder, hysterectomy, rnygb)! I came home to blenderized foods after 2 days in hopsital of Clear liquids. My tastebuds are changing. I used to love lentils, and now they taste like garden dirt. I've been having yogurt, Protein drinks, blenderized bean and split pea Soups. i have a lot of Water and SF popsicles. No nausea. I see my PA on Tuesday. Amazing journey. I'm learning so much.

@@Jyoyonomore

That's a tough situation, but as you stated you're going for your goal AND knowing that this is definitely NOT the easy way out. Stay strong she'll either come around or not but never doubt yourself, your strength your goal.

@Beni--I had that happen a few days after I was home from the hospital. My family was having Chinese takeout. OMG, It smelled amazing. I think I've mentioned this before--but I had to go upstairs to my bedroom until they were done and it was all cleaned up and put away!

My scalloped potato and ham was amazing! It sat well, except I think I ate it a little too fast. I knew I was pushing it, trying to finish before I had to go pick up my son from school. I was uncomfortable for about 15 mins, then alright.

I'm eating some Yoplait 100 Greek yogurt. I hope my belly agrees with it because it tastes amazing! (apple pie flavor)

Tonight's dinner baked salmon and mixed collard and turnip greens.