Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best dinner ever,

I made some chicken stock and placed in the freezer for after surgery. It is, of course, delicious homemade stock.

I had one single smallish potato cubed and boiled for 30 minutes. Had to search for a pot to place my tiny potato and found one so small I don't think I have ever used before. It came with a set, so there it was. I added enough broth to wisk the whole thing into yogurt consistency. That's a lot runnier then regular mashies. I also added 1/2 a scoop of unflavored GENEPRO Protein (15 gr). One scoop of their Protein is like a tablespoon. It's not much at all. OMG, I am in love and my pouch loved it. I want to eat that forever. Warm, yummy deliciousness.

I think I need to buy some smaller bowls. My 1/2 cup of mashies looked ridiculous in our regular cereal/soup bowls.

Yay!! Sounds delicious!! I bought some tiny little tupperware bowls that are about 1 cup. Love them!

I'm enjoying a 1 egg omelet with the GENEPRO unflavored protein ( i also love this stuff! Much better than the Unjur.y unflavored!) I also added a sprinkled of freshly shredded cheese. ( I don't use the packaged shredded anymore, after I read that they add a sawdust type material to it. Ick!) Mmmmm. So good!

Thought this was powerful and fitting.

Love this!!!!!

this is day 10. i am amazed at how good i feel. i had very little pain. my belly looks like a battlefield after so many lap procedures (hernia, gallbladder, hysterectomy, rnygb)! I came home to blenderized foods after 2 days in hopsital of Clear Liquids. My tastebuds are changing. I used to love lentils, and now they taste like garden dirt. I've been having yogurt, Protein Drinks, blenderized bean and split pea Soups. i have a lot of Water and SF popsicles. No nausea. I see my PA on Tuesday. Amazing journey. I'm learning so much.

You're doing awesome!!! :-)

I am so excited! I don't know if anyone has heard of or use essential oils, but we use them here. Anyway. ..I've been using them on my belly for pain, and I was surprisingly not so impressed. I swear by these oils for alot of things, but the ones I was using weren't cutting it. Well, I did some research and read about one that is supposed to help with scar tissue. I happened to have it so I started using it Wednesday night. Also applied it a few times Thursday and yesterday. I was walking around at work yesterday and it dawned on me my right side sharp, burning pain was literally gone. I'm in such a better mood now!!! Being in constant pain is not fun! Lol! I was even able to finally get up at 5:30 with the dogs this morning Nd let them out and feed them for the first time in 3 weeks! (I couldn't bend over to hook their leashes up) so my honey finally got to sleep in. And I went back to bed and read for about an hour or so and then fell back asleep until 9:45!! Holy sleep!! Felt great!!

Best dinner ever,

I made some chicken stock and placed in the freezer for after surgery. It is, of course, delicious homemade stock.

I had one single smallish potato cubed and boiled for 30 minutes. Had to search for a pot to place my tiny potato and found one so small I don't think I have ever used before. It came with a set, so there it was. I added enough broth to wisk the whole thing into yogurt consistency. That's a lot runnier then regular mashies. I also added 1/2 a scoop of unflavored GENEPRO Protein (15 gr). One scoop of their Protein is like a tablespoon. It's not much at all. OMG, I am in love and my pouch loved it. I want to eat that forever. Warm, yummy deliciousness.

I think I need to buy some smaller bowls. My 1/2 cup of mashies looked ridiculous in our regular cereal/soup bowls.

That sounds delish!

Has anyone had any issues with plain Water? Almost every time I drink it (usually at room temp), my stomach hurts. Not my pouch, but my intestinal area....I suppose I should stop referring to it as "stomach", lol. It's a crampy feeling that usually subsides after awhile, but it's uncomfortable. I don't know that it makes a difference, but I've been drinking bottled water. Any advice is appreciated!

yes !!! That's what lead to my dehydration. I was frightened of water. It doesn't make a difference whether it is tap water or bottled water i.e. purified water. To keep out of the emergency room I learned that chopped ice with the little juice on it has to be my best friend. smoothies.< /p>

Edited by layknee

That's awesome! Lol I can't wait to be a cheap date :) Where did you find the bariatric card?? I meant to ask for one at my last appt but I forgot..

i'll post the link again for the bariatric surgery Restaurant Card. http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/RestaurantCard.html

I am out of the 240's...

I am out of the 230's....

I am out of the 220's.....

I feel good!

I even vacuumed today! And cleaned my bathroom! (I usually do this a couple times a week so I've been going nuts not being able to!)

Planning on a walk next, although the wind is howling out there, so can't say I'm looking forward to being outside!

I am out of the 240's...

I feel good!

I even vacuumed today! And cleaned my bathroom! (I usually do this a couple times a week so I've been going nuts not being able to!)

Planning on a walk next, although the wind is howling out there, so can't say I'm looking forward to being outside!

Congrats!!

I don't start pureed until Monday, but I'd probably try it. Sounds yummy! Ate you afraid it's too high in fat?

Tina--Yes, I was afraid it was too high in fat. But nope, it was delicious!! I'm having the last of it right now. :-)

Congrats!!

Thank you!!!

I am out of the 240's...

I feel good!

You rock! Congratulations :)

I am out of the 240's...

I feel good!

Way to Go@@amylynns!

so the last 24 hours or so, anytime I am standing for extended periods or doing any physical activity, I get hot, sweaty and kinda nauseous. Any thoughts, blood sugars are fine when happening as well as blood pressure. Oh and my heart gets kind of racing.

Edited by smiley922

Thanks friends! Just went for my longest walk since surgery. Whew!! I am pooped! Better buck up, going to church tonight.