Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Beni my friend gave me this today and it motivates me no matter how bad I feel. post-234841-141522762336_thumb.jpg

Love it. I knew it was going to be a bit of a fight. Easier for some of us and harder for others. It's going to take all our might. To follow the plan, deal with complications and everything else. But everything in life worth having is worthy of our utmost effort.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much. @@Bronxmerci I'm there I know how it feels. Once we get through this month or two it'll get better. It may not seem like there is an end in sight but there is. You have to live each day knowing that you are stronger than the day before. This whole process has to be treated like a learning curve. God hears you and would never put more on you than you can bear.

Stated truths:

You are loved,

You will get better,

You will survive this,

Your future and your son's future is blinding because it is so bright,

You will be stronger than you ever thought possible,

You will be the best you that you can be because you will appreciate every moment that life gives you.

I am excited to see you're growth after this trial by fire.

I'm going through somethings also and there's no way I can get back to work. I'll probably be off another 5 weeks. New problems all the time. But what is true for me is true for you as well.

This time will pass.

Keep your eyes forward to your goals.

Love you girl.

I hope everything is ok Layknee! You'll be off another 5 weeks? I've done 2 half days this week and it's hard. But my customers are so happy I'm back! :-) if there's anything we can do, just let us know. You're in my thoughts!

Well @@amylynns what I do as a night shift OR Nurse is mostly trauma (i.e. running), and setting up for the first surgeries in the morning which could require some lifting and at this point, I'm not ready.

Hello everyone. I had my surgery on 10/21/14. Looking for support online. Easier for me to get it this way than at the support group the center has where I had my surgery. On here I can get on anytime where the meetings are once a month and a ways for me to have to travel to attend.

I'm going thru my first bout with dumping right now! It hurts so bad, I don't know how to get thru it :( I had a little bit of sugar free pudding with a little spoonful of sugar free cool whip on top, and 20 min later I was feeling cramps...it subsided and I ended up falling asleep but I just woke up with wicked pain right in the middle of my belly....have the shakes and sweats, my heart is pounding, I threw up a little but and had a little of the diarrhea.....omg has anyone ever had this from sugar free pudding??

A lot of people are lactose intolerant in the first stages after surgery. My Nut does not introduce milk right away. It could also be the added thickeners in the pudding which are carbs. From what I hear there is not much you can do about dumping but to go through it. But drinking Water I would think would flush it out or at least dilute the concentration of what is in your bowel. Now you know pudding is not your thing! But I'm sorry it sounds horrible.

Hello everyone. I had my surgery on 10/21/14. Looking for support online. Easier for me to get it this way than at the support group the center has where I had my surgery. On here I can get on anytime where the meetings are once a month and a ways for me to have to travel to attend.

Hi cindyboo1974

You came to the right place

I'm going thru my first bout with dumping right now! It hurts so bad, I don't know how to get thru it :( I had a little bit of sugar free pudding with a little spoonful of sugar free cool whip on top, and 20 min later I was feeling cramps...it subsided and I ended up falling asleep but I just woke up with wicked pain right in the middle of my belly....have the shakes and sweats, my heart is pounding, I threw up a little but and had a little of the diarrhea.....omg has anyone ever had this from sugar free pudding??

Ouch - sorry to hear that. I'm <2 weeks post-op, and luckily haven't dumped yet, but I'm scared about it. One thing I've read is that you can eat something one time with no issues and the next time it'll cause dumping. Yikes! I've also read that you should let your tummy rest by going back to lighter foods for a day after dumping. Get better soon!

My first Breakfast post surgery- 1/2 cup cup yoplait Greek 100 Boston Cream pie. It tasted amazing and I am so stuffed. Hopefully it won't disturb my pouch. My goodness after 10 days of liquids it was so nice.

Edited by Beni

Any liquid I buy has to be turned into a slushie then I can "drink" it. I guess I had dumping yesterday but that was totally my fault but wasn't the sugar in the milk it was the fact that it was regular milk. Funny enough with all my issues my body doesn't mind sugar at all. It's weird. So half frozen Capri sun has been my salvation.

Well @@amylynns what I do as a night shift OR Nurse is mostly trauma (i.e. running), and setting up for the first surgeries in the morning which could require some lifting and at this point, I'm not ready.

Ahhhh, that makes sense. You definitely don't want to go back too soon! My work is much more low key! :-) if it weren't for this right side pain, I probably could have gone back to work earlier!

Thanks everyone! I'm better now, but man did that hurt! I'm not sure what caused it, but I have been using fat free milk for my Protein Shakes all week so idk...I am staying away from pudding and cool whip, that's for sure! It's weird how different the docs diets are from one another. You all seem to be on liquids for a while, mine had me start puree one week out. I think I'm going back to liquids for a few days tho, maybe my pouch is in distress from the purees? Who knows :-/

@@Bronxmerci, I am very sorry to hear of your struggles. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know when we consent to surgery we really do not expect anything to be less than ideal. I am sure a feeding tube was not what you had in mind. Take care and stay positive.