Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow will be 1 month out from surgery. I completed 5 miles on the elliptical today. I was so proud of myself. I may even weigh myself tomorrow. I have avoided the scale as to not get discouraged incase I am not losing as fast as others. Just enjoying the journey!!!

Good for you! I need to get back to the gym ASAP, I am only a week and a half out though. I think I need to follow in your footsteps and stay away from the scale, it is like an obsession with me :( I near had a heart attack the day I came home from the hospital and it was 16lbs higher than surgery day lol. i forgot about all the gas and fluids! That is all gone though, thank goodness, plus some, so I'm relieved. Seriously though, scales are not my friend right now! Good luck! :)

So this is really weird for me. I have pretty much lost all feelings of "hunger", except that I have what some call "head hunger". Like I have to remind myself to eat, because I could seriously go all day without putting anything in my stomach. But I'll smell what someone is cooking or eating, or I'll see it and I want it. My boyfriend had buffalo wings and blue cheese earlier this week and I was practically drooling from the smell. Then I sat down with my little bowl of mashed potatoes and fat free gravy and I couldn't finish it lol. Then there are the CRAVINGS...I don't know why, but since the day after my surgery, I've been craving crackers. Ritz crackers to be exact. And cucumbers. Not together lol, but I really can't wait for the day I can eat crackers and cucumbers again! Don't get me started on Red velvet brownies! lol, I'll stop now! ^_^

Went to dinner with friends, they chose GOLDEN CORRAL. Haahaha, I had my bariatric card someone had posted earlier. Thank you by the way, whomever that was!!! 6.99 for dinner, not bad at all!

Ate a few things, the tilapia, fake crab salad, and one teaspoon of bourbon street chicken, really really chopped up and some pintos. 1/2 cup total. Was pretty much what I have been having at home, except the bourbon street chicken, but I did not have to cook it, different seasonings. I was tempted by their sugar free chocolate pudding, but did not trust it all the way around and passed it on by. Fun night with friends, needed that.

Edited by smiley922

I made the family scalloped potatoes and ham the other night. Do you think that would be hard on my pouch if I pureed it?

I don't start pureed until Monday, but I'd probably try it. Sounds yummy! Ate you afraid it's too high in fat?

My scalloped potato and ham was amazing! It sat well, except I think I ate it a little too fast. I knew I was pushing it, trying to finish before I had to go pick up my son from school. I was uncomfortable for about 15 mins, then alright.

I'm eating some Yoplait 100 Greek yogurt. I hope my belly agrees with it because it tastes amazing! (apple pie flavor)

I'm so ready for puréed foods! Monday can't come soon enough. I feel like my body is ready; have been feeling hunger-type pains this week. It actually feels like my old stomach is empty and hungry. I'm wondering if it's really possible to be feeling this..?

Went to dinner with friends, they chose GOLDEN CORRAL. Haahaha, I had my bariatric card someone had posted earlier. Thank you by the way, whomever that was!!! 6.99 for dinner, not bad at all!

Ate a few things, the tilapia, fake crab salad, and one teaspoon of bourbon street chicken, really really chopped up and some pintos. 1/2 cup total. Was pretty much what I have been having at home, except the bourbon street chicken, but I did not have to cook it, different seasonings. I was tempted by their sugar free chocolate pudding, but did not trust it all the way around and passed it on by. Fun night with friends, needed that.

Good for you! I need to get back to the gym ASAP, I am only a week and a half out though. I think I need to follow in your footsteps and stay away from the scale, it is like an obsession with me :( I near had a heart attack the day I came home from the hospital and it was 16lbs higher than surgery day lol. i forgot about all the gas and fluids! That is all gone though, thank goodness, plus some, so I'm relieved. Seriously though, scales are not my friend right now! Good luck! :)

Luna222... See that scale scares me!!!! Good luck to you too!!

That's awesome! Lol I can't wait to be a cheap date :) Where did you find the bariatric card?? I meant to ask for one at my last appt but I forgot..

Oh wow @TinaC....I hope you feel better! That sounds like it to me...it's making me wonder, cuz that night for dinner, I used the 98% ff cream of chicken Soup to add to my mushed chicken....hmmm. Anywho, feel better chickie!

I do, thanks! I honestly think it was from adding the Protein Powder to the chicken soup and it was just too much. After all that yesterday afternoon, I felt better, but then last night, a bout of diarrhea (sorry) just hit me. I think it was still from the afternoon. I've read that dumping can happen several hours later. I've also read that eating or drinking something too hot or too cold can even cause dumping. Yikes!

That's awesome! Lol I can't wait to be a cheap date :) Where did you find the bariatric card?? I meant to ask for one at my last appt but I forgot..

Page 81 of this thread, someone shared the link. If not 81, then 80 or 82.

Best dinner ever,

I made some chicken stock and placed in the freezer for after surgery. It is, of course, delicious homemade stock.

I had one single smallish potato cubed and boiled for 30 minutes. Had to search for a pot to place my tiny potato and found one so small I don't think I have ever used before. It came with a set, so there it was. I added enough broth to wisk the whole thing into yogurt consistency. That's a lot runnier then regular mashies. I also added 1/2 a scoop of unflavored GENEPRO Protein (15 gr). One scoop of their Protein is like a tablespoon. It's not much at all. OMG, I am in love and my pouch loved it. I want to eat that forever. Warm, yummy deliciousness.

I think I need to buy some smaller bowls. My 1/2 cup of mashies looked ridiculous in our regular cereal/soup bowls.

Best dinner ever,

I made some chicken stock and placed in the freezer for after surgery. It is, of course, delicious homemade stock.

I had one single smallish potato cubed and boiled for 30 minutes. Had to search for a pot to place my tiny potato and found one so small I don't think I have ever used before. It came with a set, so there it was. I added enough broth to wisk the whole thing into yogurt consistency. That's a lot runnier then regular mashies. I also added 1/2 a scoop of unflavored GENEPRO Protein (15 gr). One scoop of their Protein is like a tablespoon. It's not much at all. OMG, I am in love and my pouch loved it. I want to eat that forever. Warm, yummy deliciousness.

I think I need to buy some smaller bowls. My 1/2 cup of mashies looked ridiculous in our regular cereal/soup bowls.

I have ramekins that fit the half cup perfectly. Useful little bowls all around.

Thought this was powerful and fitting.

post-217122-14154568300944_thumb.jpg

I do, thanks! I honestly think it was from adding the Protein powder to the chicken Soup and it was just too much. After all that yesterday afternoon, I felt better, but then last night, a bout of diarrhea (sorry) just hit me. I think it was still from the afternoon. I've read that dumping can happen several hours later. I've also read that eating or drinking something too hot or too cold can even cause dumping. Yikes!

That's good :) Yea I heard it can happen hours later too, out of nowhere lol. No fun! I haven't tried the chicken soup powder, but I did get the unflavored unjury, and I added it to a Water jug of crystal light....I thought I was going to get sick just from the taste :( it's definitely not "unflavored" enough for me lol. I have to give it another shot, maybe in some kind of food. Speaking of food, last night I took the chicken breast chunks that I had made in the ff cream of chicken and washed it off lol, then pureed it in my nutri bullet with a little bit of broth, then added a little of the light hellmans, a little bit of salt n pepper, and it was amazing! Didn't bother my pouch at all, it was so welcoming! And my new best friend since my dumping the other day has been the Powerade zero. Regular Water has been bothering me, so this is awesome.

Thank you for the information Smiley! :)