Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys I'm still here going on 10 days sigh. They are going to start tube feeding me. My life sucks. I'm looking skinny but never did I want it to be this way.

Oh my goodness. @@Bronxmerci I know you must be beyond frustrated and worried. I'm glad they're being proactive with you though. We're all praying for you! Sending hugs too!

Hi i am Leron I had my surgery oct 28 RNY gastric bypass here in pensacola fl at baptist hospital I am currently a week out and I have to say very little pain and I have been walking and moving good since surgery I walked a mile and half today pretty quick. So I have to say my energy level is much better.

I bought Walgreen's brand of liquid Tylenol, but noticed it has quite a bit of sugar so have stayed away from it. Does the CVS brand have less sugar?

@@Bronxmerci, I'm so sorry you're going through such a tough time. It's hard to be positive right now, I know, but remember that you have a lot of people out there pulling for you! Take care of yourself and know that you're in the best place you can be right now so you can focus on healing. Get well soon!

The liquid Tylenol I bought was shot down by my doctor for having too much sugar.

@@Bronxmerci I'm praying for you. As the days and weeks progress, hopefully you'll get stronger and stronger and the Buyers Remorse will decrease. You've been in a lot of pain and had some very unique circumstances but you did all of this for a reason. Eventually you'll be healthy and able to run and play with your son like never before. It is then that you'll be able to realize that every complication was worth the smile on his face and the excitement you'll feel at that moment. Sending hugs and positive vibes your way!!❤️❤️????????

@Bronxmerci. Yours is an unusual circumstance. No way you could have predicted this. I have had zero complications (knock on wood) in fact ,I am sitting here feeling bad I didn't do it earlier. My youngest is a boy and he is 13. I didn't do it earlier because I was too afraid I would die and then I would be leaving him without a mother. That guilt was too much. Now I think it was stupid because I lost 5 years (when I started to seriously contemplate surgery) that I could have been a better mother because I would have had more energy to do things with him.

The future is a gamble for all of us. We are "all terminal" is the way I like to think of it. We have to use our days to do the best we can. Your decision to have this was a good one. Your fight is not over. Let's get that food in and your stomach working. Any pain and nausea will be taken care of with meds and then it will stabilize and you will be good to go. I know this next statement is silly but you still have 2/3 of stomach floating inside of you. You got spare parts baby. The Heparin shots are temporary. People have daily multiple shots for a lifetime with Type 1 diabetes. This is going to get better.

Walmart has a children's version of Tylenol with no added sugar or gluten, I have been using that.

Edited by smiley922

@ yea time off to work thru the changes is definitely needed! I think my problem yesterday, or at least part of it, was that I was bored...and what did I do when I was bored before my surgery? EAT. GRAZE. I wasn't hungry at all, but that's just what I'm used to I guess...nothing to do? Grab some Cookies and watch a movie. Idk, it is all so new, we'll get thru it! I ended up cooking for a little bit to keep my mind from going stir crazy, made some stuff for my puree phase :)

Omg yes! @@kimodell69 exactly! Lol its like everyone is just up your butt and then all of a sudden it's nothing lol. I can be a baby sometimes, lol. I think once I'm cleared to drive today I'll be ok, I can go out and walk around target or something at least, rather than being alone with myself and my thoughts. Hope you feel better!

@@Bronxmerci, hang in there girl, it will get better.

I didnt have any complications and am back at work! I only took a week off keeping busy and getting back to my routine works for me!!

Had my first day of work yesterday. I took an easy assignment and by the end of the day I Was Wiped out. Not lethargic, just tired. Lay ed my head down last night and slept like a baby, I havent slept this good since my surgery. I was a bit sore this morning, mainly in my arms since I haven't lifted over 20 lbs for a month. I work again tonight and tomorrow.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much. @@Bronxmerci I'm there I know how it feels. Once we get through this month or two it'll get better. It may not seem like there is an end in sight but there is. You have to live each day knowing that you are stronger than the day before. This whole process has to be treated like a learning curve. God hears you and would never put more on you than you can bear.

Stated truths:

You are loved,

You will get better,

You will survive this,

Your future and your son's future is blinding because it is so bright,

You will be stronger than you ever thought possible,

You will be the best you that you can be because you will appreciate every moment that life gives you.

I am excited to see you're growth after this trial by fire.

I'm going through somethings also and there's no way I can get back to work. I'll probably be off another 5 weeks. New problems all the time. But what is true for me is true for you as well.

This time will pass.

Keep your eyes forward to your goals.

Love you girl.

Edited by layknee

That was absolutely beautiful @ layknee. You are so good and your expression of care floors me.

How are you doing my friend?