Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

I am so glad we have a GLBT thread! We should start our own websight! I am a 37 year old in an interracial marriage. I have been married for 3 years (I live in Mass.) and we have been together for 6 years. I am a year and 7 months out. I have lost 100 lbs and feel great. My wife is very supportive but is thinking about have the lab band done after we have our second child. I got the lap band because of my health (high blood pressure, knees, etc...). We have a 2 year old! so I am moving all the time. I have about 15 or so more pounds to lose before I am normal weight. I have not been on LBT for a number of months checked in last week and saw this post and felt I need to reply...again, thanks for the thread!

Hey Boston

It's so good to see someone who is so far out who has done really well! Got any tips for newbies?

Lucky you for living in the only state that allows for gay marriage.

I have a 5 year old with my ex girlfirend. We co parent very well.

Juli

Hey Eddie, the wine went down really nice, to nice lol Now beer, it gets hot before I can get a half bottle down so I don't even touch it any more. It took me all day to rehydrate myself and could not eat at all. So fellow lapbanders learn from my mistake. Don't over do it on the booze.

Kids are great! I would not trade it for the world! Yeah, it is nice to be in a state where my marriage is legal....but it will not be long before it is nation wide!

tip... eat slow, drink your Water, and exercise. I have not followed the rules as well as I should but I work out daily some days two times a day so that has helped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonfatgirl viewpost.gif

Kids are great! I would not trade it for the world! Yeah, it is nice to be in a state where my marriage is legal....but it will not be long before it is nation wide!

tip... eat slow, drink your Water, and exercise. I have not followed the rules as well as I should but I work out daily some days two times a day so that has helped.

Yeah, kids are great. Yours is only two...just wait until you have teenagers! They are definitely a challenge, but yeah, they're worth it. BTW, welcome Boston! Our little GLBT thread is growning every day! I love it! I'm SOOO glad I decided to start this thread - it's great having a thread where I can post pretty much anything! And all you guys are the BEST!

I do have a question for those farther along than me. My incisional pain is pretty much completely gone, it only hurts if I move the wrong way or bump into something. But I frequently have a dull stomach-area pain that feels like a combination of hunger pangs and feeling like I've swallowed a brick. Is this normal? It's usually more pronounced after a meal, but I feel it off and on frequently. And while it can feel like hunger, it definitely isn't. I have really good restriction and fill up pretty quickly and am quite satisfied when I'm done. I thought maybe it was because I'm eating solids, but it can happen any time, whether I've eaten or not. I really don't know if this was part of what I was feeling before I introduced solids, because I was still having incisional pain and everything just kind of lumped together (the pain, does that make sense?). Any input/advice/thoughts will be most appreciated.

Hey Eddie,

The beer was good, but I think I'm going to switch to wine.

It did take a while to drink it & I didn't enjoy is as much as I used to.

I hope you're enjoying your long weekend, It's Monday night here... 4 more days of work :drum:

Eddie

I can't say that I had odd stomach pains. Mine was in my muscles of my abs. They are invisable to the eye under all this fat, but due to incisions I had strange tugging and pulling if I twisted or bumped. It took a full month for it to go away. That's about when I was able to sleep on my tummy.

HTH

J

Hello Family~

I am home from my trip to Phoenix to visit MIL. I hope everyone had a great, fun and safe holiday weekend! I ate too much this weekend...AAAHHH...and now feel so fat. Hope everyone did well!

Hey Family,

I returned from a little weekend trip to Baltimore. For the most part, it was pretty good but there were quite a few mishaps along the way.

I was good with my eating on the day of the barbeque. I didn't eat much at all to my surprise. However, I am at work now and we had decided to bring food in. I brought a nice fruit platter with dip. But I think...No, I know I over did it with the food today. I have been really good about it before. I'm not too worried though because I do some extra exerciswing at the gym tomorrow.

Hello Boston, its nice to see you here. This thread is growing everyday and its great. I would love to have our very own website to go to!

welcome home Kity and afrykanvyloet, glade that you both had a nice weekend, I stayed home with my dw and put tile in the bathroom, and worked in the back yard. Having a retirement party for one of my employees next weekend so getting ready for that. So much work and not enough time. It is never ending.

Hi my people.

My weekend ended a bit short due to a death in the GF's family, her uncle. But we still managed to have a good time for the bit of time we were together. We did bike and work out and grilled some amazing food. We were able to laugh and shop and find some bras!

I got back to town a bit earlier than planned. Yesterday I spent the day at the pool with my DD. We both got too much sun, but it was fun! I don't know about the rest of you and where you live, but Memorial Day is the offical opening of the pool season in Ohio.

And about Memorial Day, thanks to everyone who has served or is serving our country. I am grateful.

OH Juli

Hope you all had good weekends.

I just wanted to send my love to the LGBTers and wish you all a happy 4-day week (woo hoo!).

And OHJuli, my condolences to you and your GF. I hope you are well and at peace.

Hey peeps!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mark, sorry you had to work yesterday (Monday). Maybe you should move to the States, then you would have had it off! :)

Juli, I'm very sorry to hear about your GF's uncle. How is she doing? I've had my share of loss over the past few years, so I know what it's like.

I've got a call in to my doc's office about that mysterious discomfort/pain. I've been doing more research on the forum, and I think I have a solution, but I want to talk to them just to make sure. I've read on a couple of other threads that it could be the band rubbing/pressing against my diaphragm. What I don't know is if this is dangerous. I just hope I don't have to have my band removed. :)

On a lighter note, has anyone seen the new Orbit gum commercial? It is freakin' hilarious!! I went online and found the transcript (to follow below), but it's so much funnier when you actually watch it. If anyone can find a link to the actual commercial, please post it!

Dirty Mouth Test 37

Irate Wife: You son of a biscuit-eating bulldog!

Husband: What the French toast?

Wife: Did you think I wouldn't find out about your little doo doo head cootie queen?

Mistress: Who are you calling a cootie queen? You lint-licker!

Wife: Pickle you, kumquat!

Husband: You're overreacting.

Wife: No, Bill, overreacting was when I put your convertible into a wood chipper, Stinky McStinkface!

Mistress: You Hoboken.

A ruckus ensues, but thanks to Orbit gum, now it's all PG-13. Fabulous!

:rofl:ROTFLMFAO!!!!