Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Lucy and Edd

Thanks for your sympathy. My sweetie is fine, we are worried however for her mother and grandmother.

They will be fine, I'm sure but there's going to be much greif to sort through before that happens.

Thanks again.

Juli

Juli~ My sympathies for you and your GF. I too know grief all too well. Give her an extra hug from us.

Eddie~ I love the commercial...You Lint Licker...hahaha...too funny. It happens so fast so it was cool to read the script, thanks!

I had to move my fill date to 6-8...long story. I am excited, and it the mean time, I will try to do well. Going to the gym at 5am...got a new Ipod, can't wait to listen to my music.

Hope everyone is well. This is a great thread. I feel much support at Shrinkin Violets also, but it feels nice to be here. This one is for the ladies...A lesbian friend of mine called today to tell me she just left the dentist, and also had to see the doctor today...she is in a new relationship (HONEYMOON PHASE BIG TIME). Well, she has TMJ, or as she says TMP (Too Much Pussy). I remember the honeymoon phase. Hope this made you ladies smile:)

TMP just makes me howl! How funny!

You go with that iPod and a 5am workout. You are doing great!

Thanks for the kind words.

Juli

Juli so sorry for your gf loss, our hearts go out for you, her and the family. Kity the honeymoon phase what is that again? lol

Hope everyone is doing well.

hello everyone! sorry i havent been on in while! i've been busy busy busy. i started my new job today! now i just gotta get thru 90 days and miss no work then i can start doing all my pre op appts! woo hoo!!!!!!

Stevee

We're waiting for you! Come on over to the banded side.

Do you know if your insurance requires 6 months of doctor supervised dieting? If so, you should start that now. I just saw my family doc once a month and told her lies about exercising and eating differently. I was scared to lose weight. I did however, start exercising and dieting after my 6 mos. were up so the surgery would go better. Sounds crazy but it's what I did.

What's the new job anyway?

Edd- we know you work at a bank. What do the rest of us do?

I'm a cafeteria manager at a residential Deaf school.

Juli

the insurance i've got doesnt require anything but a psych test and a meeting with a dietician. the surgeon's office i'm going to says this is the best company to work for to get an easy approval on the band! woo hoo!!! lol. the new job is customer service rep for an insurance agency. i took a pay cut but i think it will be well worth it in the end!

Juli, sorry to hear of the loss suffered by you and your GF (and family).

Stevee! Congrats on the new job and starting today!!!

I LOVE this thread. I've been a hag for forever (since about 12) and lately I've been discovering my love of lesbians, too (that came out wrong, I should say I've got a lot of new dear friends who happen to be lesbians). I tried dating women in my past, but discovered that sadly I'm about as str8 as they come.

I really enjoy the freeness (is that a word?) of what you all are discussing here. It's GREAT! Man, I miss those multiple O days...

<p>Congrats on the new job, Stevee!</p> <p> </p> <p>"TMP" is too funny. I have TMJ, but unfortunately it is mostly stress-related and not sex-related.</p> <p> </p>

thats for all the congrats everyone. also i found out today they have a Gay and Lesbian Organization group thingy called GLOBE! i'm so gonna join it!!!

...Well, she has TMJ, or as she says TMP (Too Much Pussy). I remember the honeymoon phase. Hope this made you ladies smile:)

LOL! I just realized that TMP could easily work for both...

Too Much Pussy/Poonanny

or

Too Much Penis/Pecker

Sadly a problem I'm not familiar with lately. Maybe if I get some of this weight off...;)

Haha...I too love the freeness of this thread. Congrats Stevee!

I am a 6th,7th,and 8th grade English Language Development teacher, I also teach English as a Second Language at the local junior college, and in the fall I will ALSO be teaching Master's level classes online! I have 8 freakin more days of school...so excited I could burst!!!

Kity

I'm one of those poor souls who works at a school 12 months a year. I don't get the summer to myself, but I am looking forward to the change of pace with the students (and more importantly my staff) gone!

Just got back from my shrink appt and I'm terrified! I don’t know how I'm going to deal with the psychological issues I'm going to have with emotional eating and my smoking habits. Those are the only things in my life I like and I'm going to have to cut them out! I have an addictive personality and I'm scared of not having that comfort food anymore and all. UGH! I wanna crawl in a hole!

hey wadew, use that shrink, I did not have that and it took me a long time to get over food it was my best friend. I got my band and did not think about the psychological effects that it would have on me. It was a struggle for me, it took a little over a year for me to get over it. My problem was that I loved to cook, still love it, but I have pulled back on it and found other things to do. I could not believe how much my life was center around food.

Hang in there it will be tough but you can get through it, I did and if I could any one can.