Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Yeppers, agreed ... most lively thread.

I'm new, just joining -- I'm on a countdown to be banded on 5/30.

Another Lez, married (of course not legally since we live in Texas) with 2 kids. But, at least we live in Austin, which is the only blue county in the whole red state.

Gladd I found ya'll

Attach ... it was a very Brady X-mas this year ... LOL:Banane20:

post-219500-13813135021936_thumb.jpg

Eddie,

I can't believe you're getting your first fill on July 3... I was banded the day before you & my first fill is not going to be done until July 18. I am so jealous. And I have to be on fluids until June 13 !! Not fair prickly pear !!! :D

Everyone have a good weekend !!!

X

Deevah

How cute are you two!?

Very nice picture.

How is your weight loss, compared to each other? Do you get competative? It must be nice to be sharing the experience together. Getting slim and hot(ter) at the same time has got to be great fun!

My GF is working on her not very heavy self, she's lost 14 or the 20 she's shooting for, and since I've been dropping pounds rolling around together has been even more fun! :D I never thought I'd have reason to use that smilie!

OH Juli

WE BELIEVE IT OR NOT ARE PRETTY MUCH LOSING THE SAME WEIGHT AMOUNT, SO ITS REALLY AWESOME, WE ARE DOING THIS TOGETHER ALL THE WAY, I CANT WAIT TO GET TO MY GOAL WEIGHT AND WE CAN HAVE HOT SEX AGAIN.............ROFLMAO.......SERIOUSLY, OUR WEIGHT HAS KEPT US FROM GETTING CLOSE LATELY....LOL BUT THE MORE WE LOSE THE CLOSER WE GET...HAHAHAHHAHAHHA. WE HAD OUR SECOND FILL YESTERDAY AND SHE WAS FILLED TO TIGHT, SO THIS MORNING IT WAS BACK TO L.A. TO SEE THE DOCTOR AND OF COARSE OUR APPOINTMENT TIME WAS 10:30....11AM I GOT A CALL FROM HIM, PRETTY MUCH TELLING ME HE WAS ON HIS WAY....LOL.......SO NEEDLESS TO SAY WE GOT OUT OF THERE ABOUT NOON........AHHHHHHH WHAT A STRESSFUL TIRESOME DAY..........

HEHEHEHEHH!

Damn you Lesbians and your Lesbian sex! Well, actually I suppose it's women in general. We guys get once a DAY, maybe 2 or 3 if we're REALLY lucky! DH is actually out of town until Friday so I've got a couple more days to heal, but you can believe I'll be trying some real action Friday night! In fact, look what I found to commemorate the occasion: :D (OH Juli, you've got nothing on me now!!)

Try having sex for 3 hours straight..(i usually dont use that word) lol But yeah my partner and I can really get it on, I can wait till she can flip me around an over with nooooooooooo problems......LOL

Eddie,

I can't believe you're getting your first fill on July 3... I was banded the day before you & my first fill is not going to be done until July 18. I am so jealous. And I have to be on fluids until June 13 !! Not fair prickly pear !!! :D

Everyone have a good weekend !!!

X

Hey MGH, My partner and I were banded 3/16/07 3 weeks later we had our first fill......It all depends on the doctor and how you are feeling, My patner and I healed really good, Despite the fact that I had a hernia. But our first fill went fine, Yesterday we had our second, actually only a month after the first . OUR DOCTOR is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for filling us in! :P Seriously though, how did it go? My appointment for my first fill is July 3 and I'm more than a bit apprehensive about it. DH has had two already and says they're no big deal, but both times he was still sore a day or so afterwards.

Have a safe trip Juli! Don't do anything I can't do yet! :D

Lucy, I would have loved to take two weeks off, but it just wasn't feasible. It's great that you're able to take that time off.

Everyone have a GREAT weekend!

The fills are fine. Nothing bad, and yes I do experiance a little soreness around the port area the dat after, But nothing major.....Everything went ok, Except the doctor filled my partner to tight, last night she couldnt get Water down, NO LIQUID'S were going down, prettty scary, so first thing this moring, WE went back TO L.A. To get her fixed....LOL

Everything is good now.....

Hi Edd & Direct Hit! Glad to have you guys aboard!

Rhonda, how's your partner since the fill adjustment? That must have been terrifying for her. I can't imagine being so restricted as to not be able to even drink Water. :D

Mark, our doc routinely does first fills six weeks post-op. I assumed that was the norm and was actually surprised you weren't getting a fill until July! Don't know if I mentioned it or not, but doc said I can start introducing solids back into my diet. Woo hoo! Real food!! :hungry: I had a half a hamburger (no bun) last night and a few very well cooked brussells sprouts. Yum, yum!

Hi Edd & Direct Hit! Glad to have you guys aboard!

Rhonda, how's your partner since the fill adjustment? That must have been terrifying for her. I can't imagine being so restricted as to not be able to even drink Water. :)

Mark, our doc routinely does first fills six weeks post-op. I assumed that was the norm and was actually surprised you weren't getting a fill until July! Don't know if I mentioned it or not, but doc said I can start introducing solids back into my diet. Woo hoo! Real food!! :hungry: I had a half a hamburger (no bun) last night and a few very well cooked brussells sprouts. Yum, yum!

My partner is fine now, she was up all night the night before with acid-reflux, pretty scary for her, and she was sooooooooo tired didnt get any sleep really, but she is ok now....she is resting alot, cause it was quite painful for her...she kept throwing up everything she tried to drink and anything left inside just sat there.........

She is better now, the doc took out a full cc so its all good, thank you for asking..........

I hate having a fill, cause its back on liquids for 2 days the soft foods, then we can eat solids again, SO in my eyes I think thats where i lose the most weight is after a fill, DOES ANYONE feel the same???:cry

I hate getting fills for the same reason, I did a bad thing last night had to much wine.:sick, oh yeah, It was not pretty. I have just been trying to get Water down today, because I got so dehydrated have not had anything to eat, I guess that is a good thing. So next time I will be really careful I will share one bottle of wine not two. lol

Everyone have a good holiday weekend.

I hate getting fills for the same reason, I did a bad thing last night had to much wine.:sick, oh yeah, It was not pretty. I have just been trying to get Water down today, because I got so dehydrated have not had anything to eat, I guess that is a good thing. So next time I will be really careful I will share one bottle of wine not two. lol

Everyone have a good holiday weekend.

LOL....I'm sorry to hear that, but I have noticed that after being banded alcohol goes right threw me, and i get a BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ quicker....LOL......

Hope you feel better sweetie, I hate feeling sick!

Hello Everyone! It is really nice to find a GLBT group (thread) for LapBand folk. I didn't think there was one out there for us. I have just started doing my research, and attended a seminar this week. I really like the thought of having the surgery done. I think I would do it in a heartbeat, but I need to make sure I have the money first. I think the benefits to my health will outweigh any costs. I am 31, 5'11” and 302 lbs and my BMI is 42. I would love to lose the weight so I can do more and get off some of these meds. Anways, I just wanted to drop and thank ya'll for sharing your information on here. Ya'll are a cool and funny bunch.

EDD.....welcome and good luck with your surgery if you get it, you will feel much better and the meds thing will get better, I already feel better after only 2 and a half months after surgery.......SO Hope all goes well with you, Keep us posted......

Eddie, I can't believe you had 1/2 a hamburger . I am so jealous !!!!

Last night was soooo hard. 5 of us went out for dinner - and they didn't have anything that I could eat - except I stole 1/2 of my 3 year old son's ice cream. When I got home I had a Optifast shake. OH YUM !!!

But over the weekend - I've had a couple of beers , which I enjoyed but I had to drink them very slowly - not like before when I just used to inhale them !!!

Hope you had a great time in the new RV over the weekend.

X

EDD.....welcome and good luck with your surgery if you get it, you will feel much better and the meds thing will get better, I already feel better after only 2 and a half months after surgery.......SO Hope all goes well with you, Keep us posted......

Edd, I'm only 11 days post-op and off one of my three diabetes meds already. I have also cut my insulin by 5 units and will probably drop another 5 within the next couple of days. My blood sugars are now not only completely normal (again, only 11 days post-op!) but any time you're sick or healing they tend to be higher so I foresee coming off the insulin completely within the next month or so. Once I do that, then I'll focus on the blood pressure and cholesterol. But elevated insulin levels (in my case caused by insulin resistance) increase blood pressure and cholesterol so once I'm off the insulin those should start coming down on their own.

Hey Dee, other than the fact that you had a little too much, how did the wine go down? Mark, how about the beer? I have a bottle of bubbly wine that I've been saving for a special occasion, so input from both of you will help me decide if I can give it a shot (I don't really want to open it up and take two sips and have to pour out the rest:eek:).

We're sitting in the motorhome as I'm writing this post. The interior is completely packed up and organized; the basement storage will get done tomorrow. Not that we're particularly religious, but we're resting today. Even though I'm really tired from yesterday, I feel a lot better today just being out of the house...

Hi gang

Looks like everyone has been having a great weekend!

I had some sparkling wine this weekend, and it went down pretty well. I only had one glass.

I've had a couple of mixed drinks and I've had a few glasses of wine since surgery...I agree that I get drunk pretty tipsy pretty quickly...nothing like being a cheap drunk :drum:

Juli