Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Wade~ oooo my brother...i feel your pain. I quit smoking 6 weeks before surgery. I had quit before and only "cheated"...to the tune of a pack a day (for a cheat). I am seeing a shrink, have been since about 2 months before surgery and plan on keeping it. What I've learned. My weight is a secondary condition to a primary issue (long story short...something from my childhood). If you could see a shrink, I would.

For the smoking, my suggestion. Wear the patch. There is a pill Chantix, but the patch worked for me. Tell yourself that your getting the band for your health, and that the smoking hurts your health. Try to see past the smoking and look towards your health, and a skinny healthy future. Good Luck!

Multiple O's... TMP either way.... freeness.... honeymoon phase.... summer off....Am I dreaming?????? :faint:

These all sound so wonderful!!!

I have been in a str8 marriage, for 8 LONG years (together 14).:cry I need a little dreaming!!! or alot! :D... ;) ... :nervous ...(or TMP)!

I hear ya maziemommy, I'll just have to settle for living vicariously though these lovely ladies and gentlemen.

OK my previous post was before I read this last page...I'm getting a grasp on my hormones now....

Wade-I am trying to find "other" things to occupy my time. I too am a very additive person. I am trying to find other things to become addicted to... like making better choices, and being more physically active. I know sounds boring and wholesome, but can be fun and entertaining too, mostly healthier.

Kity- Sounds like we may have something from the past in common... Crazy how things from long ago can affect you today, just like it was yesterday.(for me anyway).

Just like Dee- I can't believe how much of my life has/did/does revolve around food-eating it-seeing it- getting it- fixing it- finding it- thinking about it- preparing for it- waiting for it....you see my point. I have a lot of changes ahead if I am going to be healthy, happy, and thinner!

Good luck to each of you/us on this journey!

Thanks Mazie~ Your support is wonderful and welcomed! Feel free to dream a little dream over here anytime!

Just like Dee- I can't believe how much of my life has/did/does revolve around food-eating it-seeing it- getting it- fixing it- finding it- thinking about it- preparing for it- waiting for it....you see my point. I have a lot of changes ahead if I am going to be healthy, happy, and thinner!

That reminds me of a comedian who was talking about, "getting some...when is it going to happen? who will I be with? where will I be? What will I wear?" She of course was talking about sleep.

:biggrin1:

That reminds me of a comedian who was talking about, "getting some...when is it going to happen? who will I be with? where will I be? What will I wear?" She of course was talking about sleep.

Juli, that was funny. loved it.

Good Morning Family~

I just got back from the gym and am playing hookey today!!! I know, there are only 7 days left, but, man o man...they are LONG days. I am going to the beach to see my partner, Susanne!!! We are going to go to the beach, have some lunch, walk around. I am excited to see her!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Wade~ Congrats on your date!!! That is awesome. What did you decide to do w/ the smoking?

Have a great weekend!

June 19th! Im exicted!:clap2:

Hey, that's my birthday!! Too cool! Congrats, Wade!!

hello everyone! what up what up! hope all is well. haven't been on in a while. started my new job and we dont have email or internet so i wont get to be on here as much. :o but.... on the flip side. i'm loving the job. its lots of training and lots of stuff to learn.. but the people are great! a girl i used to work with is in another class that just started up there so we get to lunch together which is cool. and i've made friends with a girl in my class. but anywho.. just checkin in... ya'll have a good night and an even better weekend! Muah*

oh yeah and um... wadew .. um i hate ya! lol just playin i'm just jealous! congrats though for real!

its me again. :o remind me please to NEVER go shopping again until AFTER i have the surgery!!!! i went to old navy today to look for some polo shirts that i can wear to my new job since we dont have to dress up everyday and NOTHING fits me there! :) i could of cried!!!!!

Stevee-

Not to discount the hurt feelings going into old navy. But oldnavy.com has their styles in bigger sizes. A girl does need to buy a few things before surgery.

:o

im just afraid to order stuff without knowing if it will fit you know? :rolleyes:

I could not agree with you more baybee, the disappointment when it does not fit right or the color is not what you thought and then the hassle of taking it to the post office and standing in line is such a drag.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, we had a surprise party for one of my employees that is leaving when school is out, we had a blast. I shocked everyone by wearing a long skirt and blouse. I am not a big fan of dress but dammit I did look good. Well that is what I was told. lol

Take care have a great week.