Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Ok, I finally tracked down a couple of pics of Sean and me. I'm in the black shirt holding the cash (I didn't rob the bank :bandit - I was counting 50/50 money at a Rainbow RV rally) and Sean is in the red holding the 50/50 tickets. These pics are from October, so Sean's down about 80 lbs now. I had actually gained about 20 after that was taken after one of my diabetes meds quit working, so even though I'm right back about where I was in the picture, I still look heavier than that. Sean went back for his 3rd fill yesterday, so he's shut down pretty good now. He had been able to eat way too much and had quit losing, so he should start moving again now. My first fill is on 7/3, and I'm looking forward to it, albeit apprehensively. I still have pretty good restriction, but I can usually eat more at night, which frustrates the hell out of me because that's always been the worst time for me for eating too much and/or poorly.

Anyway, here's the pics - they're thumbnails, so you should be able to click on them and open the link to the original pics:

RV_Punta_Gorda_2_059_small.jpg RV_Punta_Gorda_2_058_small.jpg

Eddie

Thanks for the pics! Nice to put a face with your fabulous posts!

Mind over matter until you get that fill! How is your weight loss going?

J

Eddie, you and your man are adorable. I just noticed you were banded in Jacksonville. Do you live there? I live in Miami. I haven't really spent much time in North FL, but I was in St Augustine not too long ago and really enjoyed it.

How is everyone else? I'll post a picture of myself eventually--let me find one that I like...

Eddie, you and your man are adorable. I just noticed you were banded in Jacksonville. Do you live there? I live in Miami. I haven't really spent much time in North FL, but I was in St Augustine not too long ago and really enjoyed it.

How is everyone else? I'll post a picture of myself eventually--let me find one that I like...

We live between St Aug & Jax, in northern St Johns County. And we were just in Miami in April...too funny! Are you ready for your big day? We'll be thinking about you..

That's so funny! It's really nice up there. I loved St Augustine, it's so quaint and relaxed. Miami is a really great place to visit, but I don't really like living here. There's so much of "the scene" that I'm not really into. Living near the ocean is nice, though.

I can't wait for the big day! Today I need to pick up a few more "post-op" items and I have to meet a work deadline (ugh).

Hope everyone here is doing well.

xoxo

Lucy

My GF and I were talking about vacationing in Miami next year. Would you be a good person to tell two 40ish year old lesbians where they might want to go and what to do?

Your big day will be here very soon and you'll be on the otherside of bandland with the rest of us!

Juli

Juli, send me a PM. I would be happy to offer some suggestions...

Hi Family,

I am on my way out to get my first fill and attend my first support group!!! No more pigging out for sure, lol. Ok, I'll post more later...wish me luck!

Hi Family,

I am on my way out to get my first fill and attend my first support group!!! No more pigging out for sure, lol. Ok, I'll post more later...wish me luck!

Ok, I expect to hear all about the fill tomorrow. My first one is scheduled for July 3.

:update:

A medication update: On my PCP's advice, I came off one of my diabetes meds before surgery to avoid any low blood sugar episodes. I found that I didn't need to go back on it at all post-op. I have also been reducing my insulin by 5 units every few days. As of Tuesday, I am now OFF INSULIN COMPLETELY! I wanted to give it a couple of days to make sure my blood sugar levels were going to stay normal before I said anything about it to anyone. But I've been checking regularly and everything's been good, so tonight when it was only 90 mg/dl an hour post-prandial (sorry, that means after eating for any non-diabetic folks) I was absolutely thrilled! No more shots! Woo hoo! And now that I don't have excess insulin in my system, it should be a little easier for me to lose, plus my blood pressure and cholesterol should start to normalize. I'm now on only one oral med (used to help insulin resistance) for the diabetes. The BP meds are my next target!

Hey everyone~

Wow, what a weird experience a fill is. I mean, it is no big deal, but just weird.

He numbed me thank goodness. He couldn't find "it" at first, then had to use a longer needle (probably because of my BIG FAT TUMMY, duh). W/ the long needle he found it right away. I sat up and he did this in and out thing w/ me drinking sips between. When I was too tight, I could feel the cold Water coming back and hitting the back of my throat. This went on for a bit, then he had me drink a Protein Shake, and made some more adjustments as we talked about the "kickback" I was feeling. He was pleased w/ 1cc. He left the needle in for about 10 min, to make sure I wasn't nauseated or had any trouble.

I am sore now, numbing is long gone. I am on full liquids FOR A WEEK, then puree'd for a week, soft, etc. That sucks so bad...but I am ready to really drop some the next few weeks...w/ working out too.

So back to the "drawing board"...and no cocktails at the end of the year partyfrown.gif, but I am ready to drop some before I turn 40!

Have a great night!

He numbed me thank goodness./quote]

Hmm, our doc doesn't numb, he just dives right in...

Good Morning~

Well, in 15 minutes I am taking my 7th graders to an AIDS/HIV sex ed presentation.omg.gif Every year, afterwards, they act like grown up afterwards...sometimes too grown. Anyway, gotta love it. Actually, in the age we live in, they know alot more than we did. Thanks to the internet, sex is everywhere. 2 years ago, I had a boy ask me, "Can you get a girl pregnant doing it in the butt?" Worst part, is that he was totally serious, so I had to be. I looked at him, and calmly replied, "No, why do you think you can't?" He paused and said, "because there is no egg in the butt." There you go.

I have pretty good restriction this morning, plus bruising and cramps (basically feel like shit today). I am 1/2 way through my Protein Shake, and it has been a 1/2 hour already.

Ok, off to sex ed. Funny story, last night in my support group, this lady said, "This is how I decided to get the band. I was having sex w/ my husband, and I was on top, and he asked, "are you done yet, I can't breathe"!" We all laughed so hard I had tears.

TTFN

Kity,

Your stories are fantastic, you had me laughing out loud !

I'm looking forward to my first fill (July 18).

Eddie,

Congrats on your freedom from most of your meds.

Take care everyone

X

Hi Eddie-Congrats on coming off of your diabetes meds!! That is fabulous!! I have been a diabetic for over 15 years, so I'm very anxious to get off of the meds. I'm on 3 orals and insulin, in addition to meds for the high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Glad to hear that being banded has helped you, because it gives me hope. I have my consult with the surgeon on June 15th. I'm so excited!! Then he will dictate a letter to be sent to the ins. co. Then we wait for them to say yay or nay. I have no reason to think that they will say no. Then we set the date!! Yippee!!

Guest USMC23

I am new to this thread and was excited to see this category :girl_hug: I just wanted to say hello and that I hope everyone is having a nice day!

Brooke