Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

awwwwwwwww thanks kity! we are... for the most part. we have our days just like any other couple but ya know. i really feel that she was made for me. its so crazy to still be so in love after over a year. now if i could just get the band and unleash my inner sexy lol i think things will be even better!

Stevee, Real cute pix. You and your girlfriend look very happy!

Eddie, you doing ok??? Let us know!

Peace out

Other than waking up with a nasty headache this morning, I'm not feeling too bad. Nothing pain meds can't handle though!

its so crazy to still be so in love after over a year.

Actually, what's crazy is to still be that much in love after nine years...

Hi there! I'm 42 years old and have been with my parter for 8 years. She's 45 and has no weight problems, as she can't ever sit still. I call her my little hummingbird! I have a son who will turn 9 next month. I was in hell-er-married for almost 10 years, and then left the a**hole for another one(not quite as a**holish)before figuring out what(or who) I was doing wrong. Anyhoo, I'm happy for the first time in my life, and am loking forward to being happy AND healthy! Oh-I'm Kat and my partner is Pam. I came onto this website to find support for my lapband journey, and am very happy to find others who are also gay and out. By the way, Eddie congrats on your banding-how you feeling today?

Welcom Kathyc02

Good to know you found your self. It's not always immediately clear. :mad:

My daughter will be 6 in September.

Eddie- Sounds like you're doing well. Doesn't sound like you need to be encouraged to take those pain meds.

Stevee- You're adorable. I don't mean to question your choices about getting banded. Better to get the weight off while you are young than cart it around for an additional 15 years then decide to get serious. Watch out for that inner Hottie, she doesn't look too far hidden from the surface.

OH Juli

Hi there! I'm 42 years old and have been with my parter for 8 years. She's 45 and has no weight problems, as she can't ever sit still. I call her my little hummingbird! I have a son who will turn 9 next month. I was in hell-er-married for almost 10 years, and then left the a**hole for another one(not quite as a**holish)before figuring out what(or who) I was doing wrong. Anyhoo, I'm happy for the first time in my life, and am loking forward to being happy AND healthy! Oh-I'm Kat and my partner is Pam. I came onto this website to find support for my lapband journey, and am very happy to find others who are also gay and out. By the way, Eddie congrats on your banding-how you feeling today?

Welcome, Kat! <:welcome:Gay Welcome Wagon paying a visit> I've been through the hetero marriage/kids thing, so we've definitely got some things in common. We'll have to chat.

Welcom Kathyc02

Good to know you found your self. It's not always immediately clear. :mad:

My daughter will be 6 in September.

Eddie- Sounds like you're doing well. Doesn't sound like you need to be encouraged to take those pain meds.

Stevee- You're adorable. I don't mean to question your choices about getting banded. Better to get the weight off while you are young than cart it around for an additional 15 years then decide to get serious. Watch out for that inner Hottie, she doesn't look too far hidden from the surface.

OH Juli

Yeah, I'm not shy about the pain meds. I worked in healthcare for several years, so I know to take them proactively. I just wish they would go ahead and knock out this headache. It's still hanging on three hours after I woke up with it. I'm prone to the occasional Migraine, so I'm really hoping it doesn't turn into one...

Welcome Kathy,

I too was w/ men until I was 37. I think they call us "Late in Life Lesbians". I don't give a hoot what they call it...I am just glad I am living it. She has and is the best thing I've ever done. (That didn't quite sound right).

Anyway, we are the gay bandsters! There are also some people on the California gay bandster thread...we really should all merge.

Have a good day!

I see more people are writing here, then in the other gay bandsters group, So I am here to introduce myself. My name is Rhonda but I go by Rainbow Deevah, I have a partner of almost 7 years. We both are banded, we got our surgery done on the same day, and went home the next day together. It is so much easier to have someone so close to support you and know what you are going through, I alreay had my first fill 3 weeks after surgery and will be going for my second next Wednesday. Actually we both are....Is there anyone of you close to my area. I am in Ontario/Chino border....Just nice to know if there are more of you close to us.....anyway just wanted to make a quick introduction.....Nice meeting you all, Hope to see more of you around....

~~RAINBOW DEEVAH~~

Hi Eddie-Thanks for the welcome! Pam and I got a kick out of the Welcome Wagon!! Hope that headache is better-I know that's miserable. I'd love to chat with you sometime. Take care-Kat:)

Hi Kity-Glad to hear you found your true self-better later in life than never. I'm sue happier with Pam than I ever was before. Thanks for the welcome-hope to hear from you again.

We chatted on the other gay thread, but I want to officially welcome you over here! I used to live in Claremont and Pomona and am going to school in La Verne. My partner is stationed in Long Beach so I travel through Ontario often on the 10.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Cool I am right off the 10 or the 60......Off Central...I'm sure you know where that exit is, thanks for the warm welcome, I believe you live in Palm Springs right. I may be wrong but I think thats what you said in the other group....anyway how are you? and how is your weight coming off?

Just wanted to show everyone a picture of me and my partner....we were banded the same day, and here we are.........I am in the white pants and she is in the blue shirt, we got married in Long Beach at Pride!

4ulopia.jpg

Us on our wedding day, 5 years ago..

juli thank you so much for the compliment... i can't wait to unleash my inner skinny. lol!!!

as far as you others, i too was married to a man.. blah!!! thank goodness i woke up! woo hoo to being a lesbian!

Just wanted to show everyone a picture of me and my partner....we were banded the same day, and here we are.........I am in the white pants and she is in the blue shirt, we got married in Long Beach at Pride!quote]

That's too cool! Sean and I were banded three months apart. I guess now we can really say we're husbands!! ROTFLMFAO!!!