Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Susannah

My father has three daughters, Ilona, Suzanna (we called Zsa-Zsa until she was 16) and Julianna. Seems like you got a different spelling of a good ethnic name.

Were you ever a Zsa-Zsa? --It's the Hungarian equavilant to Suzi.

And Kudos to you and your family for embracing your ex BIL's new family dynamic.

OH Juli

Hey Juli, I was never a Zsa Zsa, Just a Shoshie, Susie or Susannah.

My Grandparents names, Bela and Kati. My Great Grandmother was Karolina.

My name of course is Hebrew as is my middle name which is Emmanuelle.

Yay.

Shosh

MsDad: I'll be thinking about you on your special day. You have received some excellent advice on here. You are also very well prepared and most importantly you have your wonder DH supporting you. You will do fine - you will be fine!!!! :youcandothis:

OH Juli: OMG...You know what's so funny?? Fom kindergarten to the 8th grade I attended St. Ladislaus - a Hungarian Catholic school. I'm neither Hungarian nor Catholic but I absolutely loved it!!!! All the nuns and priests were Hungarian and I even had to take some classes. My best friends name was Csilla and this boy named Imre had a crush on me!!

Well everyone, I am off to NC to see my sweetheart. I can't wait and I've missed her soooooo much. I'll be there for a week. I'll be thinking about all of you!!!!

P.S. OH Julie: How was your time with your hunney bunney? Did you enjoy the committment ceremony?

"Viszlat!"

Well I have to say a couple of things 1) I'm pretty straight but I too am feeling very supportive and I think our country stinks for not allowing gay marriage, etc. Whats wrong with people! What does gender have to do with it!

2) On having kids. If you want to give birth to kids (that does provide more control over the prenatal environment...) there is embryo donation to look into. I think its likely that when DH and I decide to have a kid we might either do that or use donated eggs or something unless genetics is further advanced cause I could pass on some stuff that seriously sucky. The autism is the one I mostly worry about, but there are other issues too. I don't expect to have a normal child. I expect to have whatever child I have, be that child normal or disabled or gifted or both or something we haven't defined yet. But I worry about the kid-- for me I feel that I should do what I can to give the kid a blank slate to start from, an equal chance to not have disabling problems. FYI cause I know not everyone will agree with my POV on that. But I just wanted to share that there are more reproductive options.

Yenken-

We had a FANTASTIC weekend. It was her birthday as well so she got super extra pampered.

I blush as I write.

Enjoy your time with your honey. A whole week?! I'm so jealous.

Catch you soon,

Juli

Hello Family!

Just wanted to pop over here and say hello, and gl to Eddie this week. We will be waiting for your post op post. Yenken, travel safely and enjoy your "vacation". I won't see my partner until Memorial Weekend, I know how hard the distance can be.

Julie~ You naughty natty...lol, glad you had a fun weekend!

Pamela-

It was a fantastic weekend and I'm going to MI over Memorial Day weekend to see her. It looks like we'll have nearly every other weekend together this summer.

I'm so stoked.

You are in a LDR too? Dish the details.

OH Juli

Julie~ My partner is in the military and is stationed 113 miles from me. We've been together 2 1/2 years, and are very happy. We see each other EVERY weekend...it is work, but we decided long ago that it was important to make "us" a priority. But this weekend, will be one of the 6 we've had to miss in the last few years. She has drill this weekend, and I have homework...so we decided that we will be apart, then we are going to AZ next weekend for the holiday! So that is my story!

I will pop back soon!

Hey all have my appt for my consultation on may 31. Im a serious wreck about it! I have tried so many diets been up and down the scale and Im ready to be thin! If you gay and overweight it sucks! I need to be back to myself and come out of my house more often! i sit indoors and feel sorry for myself! Any insights on how i get through this will help! Thanks! Wade in seattle

Julie~ My partner is in the military and is stationed 113 miles from me. We've been together 2 1/2 years, and are very happy. We see each other EVERY weekend...it is work, but we decided long ago that it was important to make "us" a priority. But this weekend, will be one of the 6 we've had to miss in the last few years. She has drill this weekend, and I have homework...so we decided that we will be apart, then we are going to AZ next weekend for the holiday! So that is my story!

I will pop back soon!

113 miles isn't so bad. It's nice you have the weekends. AZ sounds lovely.

From my door to my honey's is 284 miles. One of us makes the drive at least one weekend a month. But it works out this summer that we'll be seeing each other every other weekend. Which is nice. We have a week planned for Provincetown in August too.

You said you had homework. What are you studying? I'm in school full-time and work full-time too. Life is busy.

OH Juli

Julie~

I am TRYING to finish my dissertation:faint: :faint: . It is a LONG process. I've finished all my course work for my doctorate degree, and just have this left. I have chapters 1-3 done (each chapter is 90% done). It just takes forever! On Wed. nights, I have study group, and I popped over to LBT to catch up, lol.

Enjoy your summer plans. It is hard to be away, but I figure it is our time to enjoy. She is going to try to relocate later this summer, and then she will live w/ me and commute 60 miles (1 way) each day. It is only for a year (retires next summer), so it won't be too bad.

Have a great day! Any word from Eddie??

:clap2: yesssssssss! anothing magnificent thread!

i'm a lesbian soon-to-be-banster! if that makes sense. I should be banded sometime around septemberish! Me and my partner have been together for almost a year and half... fortunately ours is not a LDR. i dont know if i could do it. I think i'm way to weak for that. She has no weight issues.. well in my eyes, she feels that she needs to lose weight but i'd kill for her body! we are also interracial, so we drew all the good cards right! lol so anyways msdad we're waiting to hear how you are!

again this is by far my fave thread!:whoo: i know this is corny but did anyone else notice that GLBT, contains LBT (lap band talk) lol i know i know i'm a dork for real! ITS A SIGN I TELL YA! LOL

Any word from Eddie??

I'm home! Thanks for asking, Pamela. I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck, but I made it! Big thanks to all you guys for being here for me. I was actually close to chickening out, but you helped me hang tough. I did have to stay overnight because of my diabetes, but everything went fine. I'll keep you posted on the post-op happenings.

I also notice that I'm no longer the only fabulous Gay man in this thread...welcome, Wade!!

P.S. - Check out my new signature!!! :)

Good to have you back, Eddie. Get lots of rest and I hope that you feel much better soon!

I'm home! Thanks for asking, Pamela. I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck, but I made it! Big thanks to all you guys for being here for me. I was actually close to chickening out, but you helped me hang tough. I did have to stay overnight because of my diabetes, but everything went fine. I'll keep you posted on the post-op happenings.

I also notice that I'm no longer the only fabulous Gay man in this thread...welcome, Wade!!

P.S. - Check out my new signature!!! :)

You poor baby! I too felt like I was hit by a truck. Everyday it get's better. Keep a pillow handy to hold against your tummy when you cough or heaven forbid, sneeze!

Give us progress updates as often as you can.