Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

I hope this week I will know if I can join the October group!

I am an October sleeper my surgery date is 4th October and I am having mine in England

The surgeon I have requires you to be part of a one year after program that is supposed to make your weight loss journey a success. It isnt covered by insurance and is about 1100 dollars. I didnt realize this until I got surgery date! Do any of you have requirements like this? I may change surgeons. Im so irritated about this.

The surgeon I have requires you to be part of a one year after program that is supposed to make your weight loss journey a success. It isnt covered by insurance and is about 1100 dollars. I didnt realize this until I got surgery date! Do any of you have requirements like this? I may change surgeons. Im so irritated about this.

Peekboo I think all surgeons are different and have different requirements it's probably what works for them the surgeon I went to has a big post surgery program but it is optional and free so I'd say shop around first I went around for at

least 2 years until I found the perfect person / surgeon he has a pre op program as we'll and it's very reassuring good luck on whatever you decide

My surgeon offers a three year program that isn't covered, and costs $1000. Not required but highly recommended. i'm going for it.

Well in England we have to be in hospital for 4 days after surgery

I am actually from Africa I love in Africa so 8 had to go to England as it is closer to me than the United States not to mention less expensive

Good luck with your surgery Nikky. I'm wishing you the best. Although my doctor says it will only be a day surgery they said that I can stay overnight if I feel more comfortable so I will definitely take advantage of that.

My surgery date is Oct 15th. Excited. Nervous. Ok... Crazy nervous. Maybe that's why I'm awake at 3am reading forums and posts instead of sleeping! LOL. But hearing everyone's stories, fears, anticipation helps. It's nice to know we all have each other. We're not alone in this. I have a great support structure, don't get me wrong, but they're not going under the knife. It's you all that really understand. Guess I just want to say thanks. Keep posting!

Hi Kathy

Sorry I didn't get back to you ... My surgery was last week and I'm recovering and have been in the post op posts..... It took time to get used to the machine. FOr me it's the headband around my head more then the mask itself. It gives me a headache and if it's not on tight enough the air seeps through and then makes noice.....I'm a mouth breather so I have a full mask... But I did notice that I felt better using it, also it can be soothing.. The air and sound...sometimes I get up around 4 am and take it off. I had to bring it to the hospital and it was on me when I woke up...made my mouth very dry, I had an issue cause it turned out I wanted to keep it on even while awake in hospital cause I felt like it helped with my breathing and my doctor said that was fine. Give it time you will get used to it, and good luck to you. :)

I don't have a date set but because I'm in a weight loss study it has to be completed by the 12th of October.

@@nonnax2

Hi Nonna, I just had my sleep apnea test this past week and found out I have severe sleep apnea as well. They're ordering my CPAP machine. Question for you, was it easy to adjust to sleeping with it? I am getting the mask that covers your nose.

Hi Kathy I replied to u a bit late I had surgery last week, look through all the replies it's towards the end for some reason it didn't go through the way I wanted, I'm in bergen county, and you? I be happy to chat with ya if you wanted :)