Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Hi everyone!! This is my first post & I'm looking for October surgery buddies. I'm very excited about the surgery. I've gotten my psych clearance, scheduled my sleep study, nutrition classes and upper endoscopy. My date is October 14th. Btw, anyone here from Jersey? Look forward to making friends w everyone![/quote

Hi Marie I'm from bergen county and having my surgery on Monday...I had a sleep study and found out I have severe sleep apnea... So I was very surprised and have a CPAP machine to sleep with it. My BMI is on the low end so having the sleep apnea is what cleared with my insurance for the surgery (Aetna) yes it's been a long 6 month process! So lots of luck to you and we can keep in touch :)

@@nonnax2

Hi Nonna, I just had my sleep apnea test this past week and found out I have severe sleep apnea as well. They're ordering my CPAP machine. Question for you, was it easy to adjust to sleeping with it? I am getting the mask that covers your nose.

@@Jen - a work in progress I suck at food logs too! and i know from experience that they really do help. that doesn't make me do it though. it's the stupidest thing, isn't it? it's so easy to do, and makes success so much easier... but hey, if we could have done it, we wouldn't be here now, right?

i am getting nervous as September moves along and i don't have a surgery date scheduled. i've been hoping/expecting October all along. i have my last pre-op tests tuesday 9/16 (endoscopy and colonoscopy), and my last weigh in the week after on 9/23. i expect they will submit me to insurance at that time. fingers crossed!

@@Kathy812, i have been using a CPAP to sleep for about 7 years. it takes some getting used to, but it is worth it, i sleep so very much better with it that i actually can't sleep without it now!

be patient, and if the mask is at all uncomfortable, call them and try another one. several people i know, myself included, have tried at least 3 different masks before finding the one that works best for them. there are so so many different models and brands, there will be one that you can tolerate and learn to love. :) that's my best advice. it took me about 2 months to get it right, so be patient.

Good luck Everyone! October 13th At Baylor Plano with Dr. Nicholson, I'm so nervous!!!

@@Jen - a work in progress I suck at food logs too! and i know from experience that they really do help. that doesn't make me do it though. it's the stupidest thing, isn't it?

I'm going to make it a point to start keeping food logs during my preop diet. Hopefully that way I'll be prepared postop to log what little I'll be able to eat lol. We'll see how it goes! I know we can do this.

I'm going to make it a point to start keeping food logs during my preop diet. Hopefully that way I'll be prepared postop to log what little I'll be able to eat lol. We'll see how it goes! I know we can do this.

I have been using My Fitness Pal, but very sporadically. You're right, we CAN do this.

I have a hard time keeping up with the food logs too I am sure it's just a habit we will have to get used to because I know it's important to do it to be successful

I have appointments this week then should get my surgery date hoping for October

I have been using My Fitness Pal, but very sporadically. You're right, we CAN do this.

...... I forgot about that app. That is one helpful app, especially because it let's you scan the barcodes of food items = quick and easy! I'll have to drop that back on the front page of my phone.

@@tiffin-scott, what are you petrified about specifically? let it out here, friend, that's what this is for. :)

Oh the usual ... Not coming through the anaesthetic , sleeve will leak , scared of regretting , but deep down I know I have to take the risk and go for it . Hopefully I will say it's the best decision I have made eeeeeeek

Funny. I suck at food logs too. And you' re right, it's the easiest damn thing. I just hate taking the time out to do it. Yet I'll research something stupid on the computer for hours.. smh. Time to change priorities !!!

Tiffin - It's normal. I'm also very very scared. What helped me is learning that it's more dangerous to do a gallbladder removal than it is this surgery. I would never be scared if a family member had a GB removal. Also what helps me is lately I've been reading the August post surgery boards to see exactly what everyone has been going through. That eases the minds of the unknown. Hope this helps.

As for me, I do my last weigh-in in 2 days. Then hopefully surgery by October. What's getting me excited is that I turn 40 in June. The thought of finally being thin (or a lot thinner) is amazing. I've been overweight since I was 6. the smallest I ever got was 199.5 then gained 100 pounds back.

I'm having fun trying to decide what to do for my birthday in June. I want to do stuff like Horseback riding, zip line, Water skiing.. all the stuff a big girl really can't do :)

Hope everyone has a great day !

@@tiffin-scott, i agree with @@chellede, read more of the after-surgery posts, and the fear will start to dissipate. i haven't read ANYONE on here who stuck with the regret, even those who experienced complications have said they would do it all over again.

i am looking forward to a cousin's wedding next labor day, and buying a gorgeous dress that will not be from a plus size store! it will be the first time a lot of my family will see me post-surgery, and i'm looking forward to wowing them, and dancing my feet off all night long.