Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Chellede - buddy! Im so glad to i found someone almost same age that i can relate in regards to failed ivf and praying sleeve will work its magic. Good luck with your insurance. Because my surgery is self pay i have just been coordinating with mexico bariatric's coordinator who lives here in the states. My doctor wants me to start preop a week before and once i get to Tijuana all my test will be done day of surgery. Im also having my band taken out so its a revision.

Just submitted my appeal yesterday. Hoping for an October date. All they needed was one more nut visit. Completed that on Tuesday. Fingers crossed

Live - I swear, we could easily turn this thread into an IVF thread with all the things we have been through. Yet lets hope this helps ! Are you going to wait a year before trying? I was told I had to. ... Oooh ! That's good there's a person here in the states that helps you ! I always wondered how that worked. Why did you decide on a revision of the band? (don't need to answer if you don't want to)

Kelew - Keeping fingers crossed on the appeal !!!!!!!!

Chellede, it is soon! I am just keeping busy. I have a few trips before, and will be celebrating my 40th birthday, so hopefully before I know it, it will be 10/20!!!

I just was looking at my calendar and realized that this whole process was painless and quick, and from reading the stories I realized I am lucky! I started my journey on may7, with a visit to my pcp, asking for the referral to the bariatric dr. I then attended the info session, then my apt with the bariatric team, prep group, pcp apt, and then my surgery date was given to me August 27. I opted for a later date in October because we are going to Jamaica! I am praying the rest of my journey is this easy breazy!!!

This would be so great! I hope that it continues and gets completely up and running!! I like obesityhelp.com because of chat and message boards......but sometimes they are just so hard to read....or things move to quickly.... laugh.gif

Would be nice to have different posting areas.....less confusion for newbies.

Great job so far!

Becky

Thanks!! I called my doctors office and was told that she was going to fax it over today and call the insurance company today to get the process started. I'm going to try and wait a week before I call back to follow up.

MzSpy - My Buddy !!!! I’m in The Woodlands !! How awesome is that !! Where in Houston are you ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hey Chellede!! Im on the opposite side of town, but that wouldn't stop us from being Surgery Pals!!!

Hi everyone!! This is my first post & I'm looking for October surgery buddies. I'm very excited about the surgery. I've gotten my psych clearance, scheduled my sleep study, nutrition classes and upper endoscopy. My date is October 14th. Btw, anyone here from Jersey? Look forward to making friends w everyone!

I should have a October date. I'm hoping for the end of october. I am from Delaware a couple miles from Jersey. Good luck on your journey. ????

What does everyone think will be the hardest part post surgery?

Not eating. Even now I'm struggling to stop eating when I'm full...I think that'll always be the hardest part. My whole day has always revolved food. I'm hoping to finally break that cycle

I have a date for October 15. Hopefully it doesn't change. I have been a wreck since March when I started this journey and I can't wait to get started on my new life

JMSgal - Happy Early Birthday ! Lots of us are right around that age ! oooh Jamaica !!! That’s wonderful ! Are you flying or taking a cruise ?

MzSpyCee - Sounds good to me !!!! Love fellow Houstonians :)

Zcortes - Welcome !! How are you feeling with the upcoming surgery?

Veronica - I don’t know ! I think we are going to adapt easily to not eating. Yet I’ve read that most have to watch trading one addiction for another. That makes me nervous!

FrieJen - Hi there !!! Welcome to the October Sleevers !!!

Well I’m having one of those days where I’m just super nervous about the surgery. I have had friends that have been through it all. Some have done great, some not so great, and one friend passed away from complications. Maybe it’s the whole Joan Rivers passing. Just nervous lately. Almost that feeling that’s it’s not real that I’ll be thinner one day. Weird feelings huh? I know it will pass.

Hope everyone is doing well !!

-Chelle-

Edited by chellede

I have a tentative date of October 20th. Nervous!

Gendy - How many times did you have to see a dietician ?

Angie - Congrats on your Oct 14th Date !!!

Mariel - Yes !!!! I do wonder how we take our prescription medications as well !

jmsgal - Oh that’s so soon !!! Are you getting nervous?

lindalue- Same boat as you. Will find out in a couple of weeks. Have you been approved?

Firewife - what kind of classes did you have to take? I wonder if everyone had to do an edoscopy. I didn’t .. hmmm

Amy - Congrats on Oct 7th. That’s so close !!!

Hogman - I think the sleeve will be great. Sorry you’e going through all the problems with insurance. And the psych failed because you’re scared? Heck no! We would all fail ! I’m petrified .. well excited and petrified at the same time. If that make sense.

LiveLaughLove - I feel like you’re such a buddy ! i’m 39, been through 3 failed IVF attempts because of miscarriages. This is my last option. How does the pre op stuff work when you do it out of the country? Do you video chat with the doctors ? Man.. I really relate to you !

Jessiquoi - I hope they don’t postpone you !! If it does happen. Don’t let it set you back ! you strong, you’re doing the right thing, and your time will happen ! Stay positive !!!!!!

Cherokee - What part of Northern AZ? I’m a desert rat. Grew up in Phoenix. Folks live in Taylor! I love Northern AZ !! Just hang in there for a buddy ! I think lots of us are going to get the middle of October

MzSpy - My Buddy !!!! I’m in The Woodlands !! How awesome is that !! Where in Houston are you ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I’m doing pretty good right now. I have been hitting the gym hard! Starting doing some cross fit techniques. I have a feeling I’m going to turn into a gym junkie! I tried Zumba today but that was an epic fail. My coordination level was not good ! Ended up leaving mid class and working out with some friends. I weigh in for the last time on 9/10 and then everything is submitted to insurance. This is getting real so fast !! Hugs everyone !

I had to do some basic info, nutrition, and exercise classes on top of my visits with my regular doctor. I liked it all though, makes me feel very prepared :)

Edited by FireWife678

My date is Oct. 29 the closer it gets the more anxiety I feel happy and sad at the same time.