Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Hi everyone!! This is my first post & I'm looking for October surgery buddies. I'm very excited about the surgery. I've gotten my psych clearance, scheduled my sleep study, nutrition classes and upper endoscopy. My date is October 14th. Btw, anyone here from Jersey? Look forward to making friends w everyone!

Edited by Marielbx

I think my surgery will be the first week of October. I go to my last supervised weigh in on September 2nd and then everything gets submitted to insurance.

I'm from Jersey! I don't have a date for my surgery yet but it will be in October. Just waiting on my NUT to send over my reports from my last two consults to my surgeon so they can turn everything in to my insurance.

I don't have a date yet, but I expect it to be in the middle - end of October. I don't live there now, but I did live in Monmouth County, NJ, for 20 yrs. I'm in MD now. Looking forward to sharing the journey!

Just got my date today, 10/8. Super excited!

What does everyone think will be the hardest part post surgery?

I don't have my exact date yet but I have my endoscopy on September 15th and after that I get my date. Dr. said it would be October. Looking forward to it.

My date is October 17th. I did most of my preop testing. I have a sleep study next Wed. I think the hardest part for me will be the two-week liquid diet. Fortunately, my doctor allows me to have small dinner (protein &veggies) but liquids during the day. I will have to think of the end result to et me through. Giving up my coffee will be a doozie!

Hi Everyone !!

I'm like most of you ! Just finishing up our weigh in before submitting to INS. My last weigh in is Sept 10th. I've been told first to second week of October.

Kathy - I agree ! The coffee thing is going to be my hardest too. Love that stuff !

Mariel - I think the fatigue is going to be my hardest part. Maybe tired of shakes. I drink them now after I work out. Thanks for starting this thread !!

Larissa - Congrats !!

I hope to have my surgery in October as well. I have to see the dietician one more time at the end of September and then the paperwork can be submitted to the insurance company. Hopefully that won't take too long. Looking forward to my journey.

Just got my date today October 14th

Angie, we are surgery buddies!! My surgery is also scheduled for the 14th!

I'm soooo excited for all of us!

Anyone confused w all the chewable & liquid Vitamins we need to take after surgery? Sounds yuckkkky!

I take a crap load of Vitamins now but I don't mind them cuz I can just swallow them.

Edited by Marielbx