Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery

@@arialuvr I am the 16th! Are you ready?

Hello! The last thing I had to do was the endoscopy. That was performed on August 29th. The doctor found polyps, which removed and a biopsy will be done. I have an appt. at the MD on Tuesday to find out the results. I still do not have a surgery date scheduled. I'm hoping the apt will be made on Tuesday.

I am having some issues with sugar right now. I get all my Protein in for the day along with the veggies, however, I have been so nervous the last couple of days, I have been eating Cookies. Fig Newtons and now, sandwich cookies. My husband buy cookies for the grandchildren. I have no idea why because they hardly eat them. Then, when they leave, the rest are here!

My son had the gastric sleeve in April of this year. Since the process started the last week of January, he has lost 115 pounds! I am so very proud of him.

Good luck to everyone! It is a struggle every day!!!

My Surgery is the 15th! ???? I am on day 2 of my liquid diet!! What an eye opener this is!!! I've been making videos and taking pictures for my own use to look back on, I look at the 15th as the first day of the rest of my life!

My mom had gastric bypass in March and is down 70 lbs, and her BMI is 29 now! She's totally off all of her diabetic, BP, and other Meds and doing awesome, so we really have a lot to look forward to!!! ????

Hi. I'm confused by everyones post referring to a liquid diet prior to surgery. I have not heard of that & that makes me nervous since my surgery is scheduled for September 17th. My psyche appt is next Tuesday & my preop is September 9th.

The main reason I wanted to write a post is because I have to lose 10 lbs prior to surgery. I have in 3 weeks lost 7 lbs. So excited & proud of myself & even though this surgery has been a long time coming, could I do this on my own? I know the answer to that, but is anyone else having a similar experience? My family questions my choice & I'm looking for some support. Thank you, Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Yes it makes me nervous also, I am only on a Optifast diet Breakfast and lunch with a light dinner.. My operation is September 18th..

I am sure we are all in trusted hands just all Drs do things different.. Good luck.. Kellie

Hi Sarah,

Yes it makes me nervous also, I am only on a Optifast diet breakfast and lunch with a light dinner.. My operation is September 18th..

I am sure we are all in trusted hands just all Drs do things different.. Good luck.. Kellie

I think it is just an "easy" way to cut calories dramatically and lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time. The goal is just to get you to lose some so there will be less fat around your liver and the surgery is easier. My dr. doesn't require ANY diet or weightloss prior to surgery. I'm doing it anyway just because he did say it makes it easier and I'd like to do anything I can to make it easier because he has to remove my LAP band at the same time.

Hello my friends. I'm writing you this feeling a little sad for the old me and happy for the healthy me fighting to come out...so it's 3am my time (I live in Hawaii) and I just came back from a very big birthday party, they had lots of food so I brought with me my shakes and pudding did very well didn't eat anything there. However my family took plates and plates of leftovers.

So now I'm in my room thinking about how good the food would taste and etc. But I'm fighting it because I'll have my surgery in 3 days! Which means I can free the healthy me.

This is the hardest thing I've ever done! And I will not break now! I keep telling myself that for YEARS the old me won and in order for the New healthy me to come out I need to change and not break because of temptation.

3 more days until surgery! Still holding on. ????

Edited by Ramuse

Ramuse! You can do it girl! Keep it up!

thank you so much!

That's absolutely fantastic! Sounds like you've already won! Way to go!

Hi ... I am totally new to this site,,eeeek I am due to have a gastric Bypass on the 23/sept,,, I would love to chat to anyone pre or post surgery

Hello my friends. I'm writing you this feeling a little sad for the old me and happy for the healthy me fighting to come out...so it's 3am my time (I live in Hawaii) and I just came back from a very big birthday party, they had lots of food so I brought with me my shakes and pudding did very well didn't eat anything there. However my family took plates and plates of leftovers.

So now I'm in my room thinking about how good the food would taste and etc. But I'm fighting it because I'll have my surgery in 3 days! Which means I can free the healthy me.

This is the hardest thing I've ever done! And I will not break now! I keep telling myself that for YEARS the old me won and in order for the New healthy me to come out I need to change and not break because of temptation.

3 more days until surgery! Still holding on. ????

wow you have given me new inspiration. I had been doing so well then I gave in to my old self you are right on and I will start the battle over from this minute on. Surgery scheduled for 10/7. Thank you so much!