Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery

Hey everyone! Today was my Day 2 and I am about to break! My 2 week diet is super strict. I can ONLY have 1 banana per day, Protein Shakes, sugar free Jello, sugar free Popsicles and some nasty Protein soup/broth! Ugh! I am hungry and I don't like jello any of the protein shakes! Help! ????????????????

I am also super nervous about the surgery....the 16th is right around the corner!

I'm having surgery Oct.1, 2014. I'm very excited also.

Fab at forty im right behind you started my liquid diet monday my date is the 15th good luck

How's the liquid diet going?

Freaking out tonight. Seeing dr tomorrow for last appointment before surgery. Only managed to lose 14 pounds and dr wanted me to lose 22 before surgery. Surgery is the 15th. I only drink shakes and am trying to exercise. Managed most days for 15 minutes. I know it isn't much but I do try very hard. Losing so slow. I feel like I want to scream, "that is why I want the surgery, because it is so hard to lose on my own!". What if the dr does not want to go ahead with the surgery. I am crying because this is my last hope. I don't know how I am going to get through tomorrow. Please pray with me that all will go well tomorrow. Thanks for the support.

Today is day 4. I have 6 more days to go. So tough and on top of it my family is having a birthday party this Saturday not sure if im going. Everyone there knows I'm having the surgery and they will support but I'm afraid that I will sneak some food when people are not looking. Lol crazy I know. I want to go because I want to learn self control. Lets see...????

I started the liquid diet since August 25 and now the slimfast is getting to me every time I drink the shake it make me vomit omg what am I going to do

put it in a blender and try it with banana

I am on the 8th our program has a very liberal pre-operative diet I am being more strict with it & only having the shakes & other Clear Liquids. I am not actually nervous so maybe I am some kind of freak?

During my pre-operative diet we had already scheduled our sons 2nd birthday party. So had to pretend to eat in front of my husbands family as we have only told my parents, brother & an aunt who will come take care of our son when I am in the hospital & both of us postoperative. My mother in-law is relentless about weight & conversations about it ie after I had my son she told me I would look better after after I lost weight; however all she ever wants to do is something involving food. The people we have chose not to tell will be supportive of a person they see losing weight but they will not be supportive of weight loss surgery.

I am curious what it'll be like after I get it done, I have had my tubes tied & a c-section so I feel like I am prepared for abdominal surgery & the associated pain. I am curious what my stomach will look like after I lose weight since my skin is a mess from pregnancy & previous operations.

The whole no liquids for 30 mins before eating & 1 hour after eating makes me nervous about getting in all the fluids plus all the Protein I need to during the day - but I know I will figure it out it will be a struggle at first possible but doable. Getting my medications down makes me nervous but I am very hopeful that I will be eliminating almost all of the medications I take I am a little nervous about the chewable vitamins making my mouth raw but that's something to figure out later on.

liquid diet update: I have 5 days left and I'm down 9 lbs amazing. I did call my nutritionist and confessed my cheats lol. She said I was ok but I really need to push through and continue. ???? I'm doing it!

September 15 r&y! Anyone else?

ME!

I had my RNY done on the 3rd. Everything went well and I have some pain on the left side were most of the action took place. The liquid diet was a killer, but so glad I made it and drank extra Water on the days that I was hungry. Also I used flavor extracts in my drinks too. Peppermint with the chocolate and orange with the vanilla. Looking forward to this new life.

Edited by Lissapissa

Surgery on the 2nd and all is well. I'm home, walking, sipping, and resting!! :).

Surgery was sep3. Still having a lot of pain/discomfort. Doc called and said my white blood count was high so I have to o back for more labs Mon. May go get checked at the ER too just to be sure I'm OK.

Edited by redwings fan