Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

I had surgery July 9 ,2014 I have lost 28 pounds since, I been walking and doing strength training, I feel like it been so slow for me compared to other ppl, do you guys have any suggestions?

Had the surgery on 7/29/14. First 2 weeks were ok, had very low blood sugar so had to eat some carbs. By the 3rd week, I could drink more fluids, so I upped my Water to reach the minimum. I was severely dehydrated the first 2 weeks due to adjusting to the sleeve and can only down at most 17 fl oz of water in a day. So I lost 21 pounds first 2 weeks, then my weight bumped up 5 pounds on the 3rd week when I am able to finish 40-50 fl oz of water in a day... Parents are freaking out complaining about me eating scambled egg and fish and want me to go back to full liquid diet. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem of weight gain at the 3 week mark? http://www.urinecolors.com/dehydration-chart.pdf I know I got dehydration because for the first 2 weeks the urine color was the bottom color of this chart. Right now, it's the 2nd to 3rd from the bottom.

This is very useful, thank you. I also watch the colour of my urine, during pre-op I used to drink 2 litres of water or more and my urine came out very clear almost no colour at all. Now when the colour is too yellow I know I need more water. My surgeon also told me that the colour should come out very light.

I'm almost 7 weeks out and drinking water is quite easier now, I can finish 0.5 litre (around 17 ounces) of water in 20 minutes. On the other hand, eating still must be very slow or it will stuck and painful, you know it well lol. Now I tolerate all food (but still on pretty much the same type of food, eggs, chicken, fish, shrimp, salad, vegetable raw or cooked, rice, Japanese Somen) but I didn't dare eating spicy food like Thai food <<sob>> I think I'll wait a couple of months for that.

The first month I lost almost 21 lbs for this months after 22 days I lost only 6.16 lbs (slall for a week at least!!) ><'

My surgeon said the rate of losing is between 11-15.4 lbs per month but I really doubt that It is possible for me. Cannot see how I can lost 5 lbs in 8 days!!!

I had surgery July 9 ,2014 I have lost 28 pounds since, I been walking and doing strength training, I feel like it been so slow for me compared to other ppl, do you guys have any suggestions?

I had surgery on the same day as you. I had my 6 week follow-up earlier this week. I asked my surgeon about my weight loss and if it was normal. He said they don't worry about weight loss in the first 6 week. All they care about is healing. 28lbs is awesome. Some will lose more and some will lose less. Don't stress yourself out comparing yourself to others. As long as you are following your plan (protein, Water, not eating too much or too little) you will be fine. The vast majority of this stuff is highly individualized. IMHO this is one of the potential negatives about these forums. When you read about others you can't help but compare yourself to them which can make you feel bad when you shouldn't.

Had the surgery on 7/29/14. First 2 weeks were ok, had very low blood sugar so had to eat some carbs. By the 3rd week, I could drink more fluids, so I upped my Water to reach the minimum. I was severely dehydrated the first 2 weeks due to adjusting to the sleeve and can only down at most 17 fl oz of water in a day. So I lost 21 pounds first 2 weeks, then my weight bumped up 5 pounds on the 3rd week when I am able to finish 40-50 fl oz of water in a day... Parents are freaking out complaining about me eating scambled egg and fish and want me to go back to full liquid diet. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem of weight gain at the 3 week mark? http://www.urinecolors.com/dehydration-chart.pdf I know I got dehydration because for the first 2 weeks the urine color was the bottom color of this chart. Right now, it's the 2nd to 3rd from the bottom.

This is very useful, thank you. I also watch the colour of my urine, during pre-op I used to drink 2 litres of water or more and my urine came out very clear almost no colour at all. Now when the colour is too yellow I know I need more water. My surgeon also told me that the colour should come out very light.

I'm almost 7 weeks out and drinking water is quite easier now, I can finish 0.5 litre (around 17 ounces) of water in 20 minutes. On the other hand, eating still must be very slow or it will stuck and painful, you know it well lol. Now I tolerate all food (but still on pretty much the same type of food, eggs, chicken, fish, shrimp, salad, vegetable raw or cooked, rice, Japanese Somen) but I didn't dare eating spicy food like Thai food <<sob>> I think I'll wait a couple of months for that.

Last months I lost almost 21 lbs which is great but this month it's been 22 days I've lost so far only 6.16 lbs (stalled a week at least)

My surgeon said the average rate of losing is 11-15 lbs per month (after the first month post-op) but I really doubt that I can lost that much.

Don't think I can lose 5 lbs in 8 days!!

Uh sorry for the double post, I thought it didn't pass through the first time.

Diridon, thank you for posting this link... wow i never knew that about the colors. I thought I was drinking enough, but I'm not usually at the top color. tmi= i'm usually the 2nd or third color which indicates i should be drinking even more than i already am. doesn't seem possible, but i'll work at it.

today was my 2nd post op visit, where I asked the doc about my stall - I lost 21 pounds right away and have been stuck at 23 pounds lost for the last 4 of the 5 weeks since my surgery. He asked me about my exercise and i told him and he then proceeded to poopoo me and said a. you are only 5 weeks out you shouldn't be looking at things that way at this point and b. as long as i continue with a good exercise regimen the pounds will shed off of me and to not worry about this at all. (nota bene: my ticker is going by my highest weight on record, which is why it says 33 lbs lost. the doctor/official number is 10 lbs less than that because they are using a weight from a preop office visit that's lower than my highest recorded weightt.

which is good, but then i look at everyone on here that are 4-5 weeks out and I'm seeing 30+, 40+, 50+ and sometimes even as much as 69 pounds lost in a month since surgery and I can't help but compare myself to that. Which I think I need not to do. that said, it's hard.

I love reading everyone's posts here and i'm glad to be a part of this july sleever's forum. thanks for being here guys.

Diridon, thank you for posting this link... wow i never knew that about the colors. I thought I was drinking enough, but I'm not usually at the top color. tmi= i'm usually the 2nd or third color which indicates i should be drinking even more than i already am. doesn't seem possible, but i'll work at it.

today was my 2nd post op visit, where I asked the doc about my stall - I lost 21 pounds right away and have been stuck at 23 pounds lost for the last 4 of the 5 weeks since my surgery. He asked me about my exercise and i told him and he then proceeded to poopoo me and said a. you are only 5 weeks out you shouldn't be looking at things that way at this point and b. as long as i continue with a good exercise regimen the pounds will shed off of me and to not worry about this at all. (nota bene: my ticker is going by my highest weight on record, which is why it says 33 lbs lost. the doctor/official number is 10 lbs less than that because they are using a weight from a preop office visit that's lower than my highest recorded weight.)

which is good, but then i look at everyone on here that are 4-5 weeks out and I'm seeing 30+, 40+, 50+ and sometimes even as much as 69 pounds lost in a month since surgery and I can't help but compare myself to that. Which I think I need not to do. that said, it's hard.

I love reading everyone's posts here and i'm glad to be a part of this july sleever's forum. thanks for being here guys.

Yasman, I was so glad to read your post. I really needed that point of view today! I, too, have lost 20+ since surgery but only 2 lbs in the last 3 weeks. I asked my dr 2 weeks ago if I was done losing and he assured me that I was not. It IS very hard to see others who have lost so much when I seem to have stopped. I know all about "don't compare, blah, blah, blah" , but I want to see results !!! I will try more exercise and watch carbs closer. I'm getting plenty of Protein and Water. It is so frustrating. Grrrr!

<p>I need help... I am getting so very frustrated...</p> <p> </p> <p>My dreaded 3 week stall has lasted 31 days. This is getting ridiculous. The scale has been playing with 2 pounds for 31 days... Did I mention I have NOT LOST WEIGHT in 31 days!!!</p> <p> Here is my "typical Day"</p> <p> Breakfast- Protein shake</p> <p>Drink a large Crystal light. ( I add about 28 ounces of Water with one of those tiny packets)</p> <p>Morning snack is Yogurt</p> <p>Lunch is a slice of roasted turkey with some mustard, or maybe a bit of cheese. (2-3 bites)</p> <p> afternoon snack is another protein shake</p> <p>DInner is sometimes caned chicken with cheese, or some refried Beans with cheese</p> <p> </p> <p>Then evening snack is my Homemade pudding pops... (Sugar free pudding with double Protein Powder put in popscicle molds)</p> <p> </p> <p>What am I doingwrong!!???!!!</p>

I was sleeved the same day as you... Also was in a stall... Sucked the scale kept going back and forth 1 pound and this morning I lost 3.6 pounds... Didn't believe it at first and probably won't until I weigh myself in the AM. I'm not sure what changed but prior to the last few days I was eating pretty low carb and my calories were 7-900 cal. With the scale not moving I was like WTF!!! And then the doubt set in. I lost a fair amount of weight prior to the surgery on my three month supervised diet and I kept thinking why did I do this if was losing weight better the other way. What happened in the last 4 days is I relaxed and ate. Got my protein in and didn't completely restrict my carbs. Calorie intake was 9-1200 cal/day. Also even though I was getting in the min water requirements I did increase that. All I really know is the body is stubborn and it's going through a lot of changes and sometimes it just does not want to let go of the weight even though you know it should be. SO FRUSTRATING And it's ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU WANT TO SCREAM!!

My stats HW/ and first MD appoint FEB 6 360 lbs start of liquid diet 335 lbs SW 314 stall happened about 3 weeks out from surgery at 294 and fluctuated 294- 295lbs. Today 8/22 291lbs. :) I have been exercising 5-6 days a week! 30-45 mins cardio-- treadmill/elliptical/ walking with a friend and some light weight training.

I lost a half pound.... I will take it. But it is still FRUSTRATING!!! I will try... relax and eat...

What are your carb/protein/fat/calorie limits?

I was sleeved the same day as you... Also was in a stall... Sucked the scale kept going back and forth 1 pound and this morning I lost 3.6 pounds... Didn't believe it at first and probably won't until I weigh myself in the AM. I'm not sure what changed but prior to the last few days I was eating pretty low carb and my calories were 7-900 cal. With the scale not moving I was like WTF!!! And then the doubt set in. I lost a fair amount of weight prior to the surgery on my three month supervised diet and I kept thinking why did I do this if was losing weight better the other way. What happened in the last 4 days is I relaxed and ate. Got my Protein in and didn't completely restrict my carbs. Calorie intake was 9-1200 cal/day. Also even though I was getting in the min Water requirements I did increase that. All I really know is the body is stubborn and it's going through a lot of changes and sometimes it just does not want to let go of the weight even though you know it should be. SO FRUSTRATING And it's ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU WANT TO SCREAM!!
My stats HW/ and first MD appoint FEB 6 360 lbs start of liquid diet 335 lbs SW 314 stall happened about 3 weeks out from surgery at 294 and fluctuated 294- 295lbs. Today 8/22 291lbs. :) I have been exercising 5-6 days a week! 30-45 mins cardio-- treadmill/elliptical/ walking with a friend and some light weight training.

I am doing the C25K week 1 every day this week... I actually saw the scale move a half pound today... NOT what I wanted to break the stall... but I hope it is broke

What is your work out schedule like? I'm at a stall with you so I feel your pain. I'm not eating nearly enough Protein so I'm working on that.

post-216699-0-94376700-1408762201_thumb.jpg

That is what I have my fitness pal set on. Last few days I have not stayed within those parameters. Nothing specific and each day the macros have been different. Prior to that I was sticking to what I set my fitness pal to, but my carb Intake was more line 20/30 per day. Eating low carb not doing a damn thing for me...

I had my surgery on July 30 so I'm a little over 3 weeks out and getting any where from 450-600 calories a day. Is this enough? I am getting 75-95 grams of Protein a day and pretty much all of my h2o but I'm worried with not having enough calories I'm not going to lose.

I have a question: I'm ending my 4th week post op since I was sleeved but does anyone have the same thing where you eat or drink something and your stomach starts to make loud noises or your throat?

I have a question: I'm ending my 4th week post op since I was sleeved but does anyone have the same thing where you eat or drink something and your stomach starts to make loud noises or your throat?

There is a whole thread on that, something about gurgleing, I think. We all do it to some extent. Its like talking to yourself in "sleeve" language!

I had my surgery on July 30 so I'm a little over 3 weeks out and getting any where from 450-600 calories a day. Is this enough? I am getting 75-95 grams of Protein a day and pretty much all of my h2o but I'm worried with not having enough calories I'm not going to lose.

I'm almost 6 wks out. I lost weight before surgery and about 20 lbs post op within the first 3 weeks and then stall. I was eating about that many calories and less than 50g carbs per say and then nothing... Just lost again for the first time yesterday. Increased my calories and carbs. Losing weight is a lot more complicated than calories in and calories out. I posted my stats above in another person's post. Good luck!

Absolutely! I was sleeved on 7/22 & I get lots of rumbling loud gurgling noises that come from my throat. I thought maybe if was an result of hernia repair.