Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

My date is July 22. Still a little nervous but ready. Lost 10 lbs on first week of Protein Shakes but I MISS chewing food! Quit smoking fees weeks before this. When I change my life I change everything. I will post my post op progress and be asking lists if questions too!

I had sugar free sno cones to help with the chewing while on my post op diet.

What did you use for the Syrup on your sno-cones? Right now that sounds wonderful!

@@Jordan861, My situation I similar to yours, I have been at a stall for a week, I am getting my liquids in, I am walking a mile a day and getting my Protein in, but no movement on the scale. UGH is how I am feeling right about now

Still drinking 2 Premier Protein drinks a day to get my 60 grams of Protein in. However, that's 320 calories out of the 800 max I'm suppose to have. There is no way to get the amount of protein I need with the food we can eat. Any suggestions??

hey man how do you keep up with Vitamins

I bought expensive liquid vitamins from GNC... they taste horrible an after about 4 days started making me nauseated. I have switched to gummies for the multi Vitamin and Calcium. I have liquid drops for the vitamin B-12. I am starting week 5 today.

So sorry, but how do I pose a question or comment on here that is not a reply to someone else? Thanks!

Peaceful time is over, after 6 weeks post-op I'm going back to work tomorrow but the good news is, I can wear whatever I want because everything in my closet is all lose!! Yay!!

So sorry, but how do I pose a question or comment on here that is not a reply to someone else? Thanks!

at the bottom of the screen there is a big square box above which says "reply to this topic" that will reply to the overarching topic "july 2014 sleevers" rather than replying to anyone's prior post within this topic. To reply to a person's post i think you know you hit the "quote" box below what they said.

Otherwise, if you want to create a new topic for the entire website audience you would navigate to the top page of a forum and post there.

Edited by Yasman

I had my sleeve on 7/22. During the pre-op. diet and the first two weeks post-op. I lost 50 pounds. Now I have been at a plateau for almost a week. I am feeling a little bit down about this. I am using My FitnessPal.com to track calories, Protein, sugar, and carbohydrates. My calorie intake is typically around 650 per day. Protein is usually right around 60, sugar 25, carbs. 40. I am hoping that this is a very short term deal.

Try upping your calories (good food) for a few days and see what happens. If my caloric intake drops, my weight loss stalls.

Ging back to work at school tomorrow. Any tips on what I should do? All at once, I am struck stupid!

Ging back to work at school tomorrow. Any tips on what I should do? All at once, I am struck stupid!

Have a great day at work!

Good luck tomorrow!! Just remember to bring your food with you in case there are not options there etc!! I just started putting nuts in my car and those squeeze packages of pure applesauce, just in case. Have a great day!!

Hi all! I had a sleeve on July 2. Things have been going fairly well for me but now I am feeling like I am drifting. I bought a bunch of Protein powders but they all make me gag. I have been drinking one pure Protein Drink a day and averaging about 40-50 grams of Protein daily. As long as I take my Vitamins (12 pills a day; yuck!) my energy level is ok but not great.

I guess I thought there would be more support from the doctor or something. They give you a book, check your blood once a month and send you on your way. I thought there would be meetings with a dietitian to give advice but there is not. So here I am wondering how much Water I should be drinking and how to fit that in with the protein?

Lately I have been stepping back into bad habits--grabbing a burger and sweet tea with my kids after work. Now I can only eat less than half of it but somehow it feels like a failure to be doing it at all. I have lost 33 lbs since my last visit to doc two weeks ago (probably more by now as I don't weigh myself). I am afraid if I don't figure out a new way to eat that this will all have been for nothing.

Went back to work today after 6 weeks of recovery and everyone was very pleased with my new look.

I stepped in my big boss' office to say hi and he said Whaoo you look great, he tool my photo to show to his wife and his wife also conveyed a kind word to me.

He also sent the picture to the chatting group of the office and congratulated me, this is really unexpected. He got the idea why I did this surgery and wished me well and really happy when he saw the first result.

I myself and my husband don't really see the big different but others surely do, there's a grumpy guy not sure which country he's from but he never talked to me before until today that he offer to help me moving the empty boxes.

Now I think; Wow, I must have been THAT fat before!

Went back to work today after 6 weeks of recovery and everyone was very pleased with my new look.

I stepped in my big boss' office to say hi and he said Whaoo you look great, he tool my photo to show to his wife and his wife also conveyed a kind word to me.

He also sent the picture to the chatting group of the office and congratulated me, this is really unexpected. He got the idea why I did this surgery and wished me well and really happy when he saw the first result.

I myself and my husband don't really see the big different but others surely do, there's a grumpy guy not sure which country he's from but he never talked to me before until today that he offer to help me moving the empty boxes.

Now I think; Wow, I must have been THAT fat before!

Congratulations! That's a great story. I think i have a long way before others will be able to see or notice the difference in me... but hooboy am i looking forward to that! I hope it felt good to be back at work, too.