Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

You have come to the right place, darlin'! I have learned so much by just reading these posts. My dr.s office has given me much info and a good support system but if you want to know about the real life, just sit back and read!

I did it July 7th. I'm kinda alone in this and don't know anyone else that had phone through it.

Oh!! Me too did it on 7 July!! Happy 7 weeks post- op!! You're not alone here, cheer up!

Congratulations! That's a great story. I think i have a long way before others will be able to see or notice the difference in me... but hooboy am i looking forward to that! I hope it felt good to be back at work, too.

Of course you will! During the pre-op I lost 16 lbs and no one saw the difference in me but only 6 weeks of the surgery it definitely shows.

When are you going back to work ? I wish you all the best on this journey. :-)

I did it July 7th. I'm kinda alone in this and don't know anyone else that had phone through it.

I did it July 9 so we are all in this together! I live 5 hours from where I choose to have it done, so these boards help me so much.

After reading these posts and replies, I think I ADORE mrssusie and FairySleeve!!!! My kind of attitude and peeps!!

Today is my 1 month "sleeveaversery". I am making my first attempt to go OUT for dinner. I'm so nervous, but I read the menu in advance & will be eating the inside of a chicken or fish taco. Wish me luck! (Let's hope for no puking in public!)

Today is my 1 month "sleeveaversery". I am making my first attempt to go OUT for dinner. I'm so nervous, but I read the menu in advance & will be eating the inside of a chicken or fish taco. Wish me luck! (Let's hope for no puking in public!)

Oh, the life of a sleever! Girl you better run for that bathroom! Lol.

Take your own sweet time eating, slowly, small bite, you will be fine :-) enjoy!!!

How about grab a chicken sandwich instead and take off the bun and make the tea unsweetened or sweeten with Splenda.. But with all that said I totally understand what you said about going back into old habits.. I had a piece of cheesecake but it gave me a horrible belly ache.. I also had some MnM's while out one day.. I'm now telling myself things like, " I don't eat that anymore" Instead of I can't have that anymore.. Someone else came up with that on here but I liked it and now I say it.. Look at a before picture.. Go pick up three 10 pound bags of potatoes and realize how much 30 pounds really weighs.. Good Luck!

Hi all July sleevers,

Today while leaving work, a lady said he Jordan your about to loose those pants, need new uniforms. Of course I said yes been working on it since January, will be getting new uniforms soon. Then she said, I can really see it in your face. I acknowledged I could tell in my face some. Then she said, "I like it before, when you loose weight in your face it makes you look older" I was floored. Apparently her mother never mentioned, "if you have nothing nice to say, then shut the hell up". So I'm feeling punched in the gut and want to hear from folks like me. I sure enjoy reading your post. Oh all I could say was yeah fat people make pretty corpses, and walked off.

I survived my first dinner in a restaurant. Only ate the grilled chicken out of the taco. Did not eat the flour tortilla or the cilantro & cabbage that were also inside. I cut it up into the tiniest pieces ever. ( I think the waitress thought I was nuts).

The only thing that bothered me was that I never got to even take a sip of my Water ( damn half hour rule!)

The "old me" would have been bothered by the massive amounts of wings & beer that surrounded me. Or the plate of "loaded tater tots" that the couple next to us had. But instead, this Sleevie Wonder was bothered by not being able to drink water when she wanted to. Should we chalk it up to a first NSV???

I need help... I am getting so very frustrated...

My dreaded 3 week stall has lasted 31 days. This is getting ridiculous. The scale has been playing with 2 pounds for 31 days... Did I mention I have NOT LOST WEIGHT in 31 days!!!

Here is my "typical Day"

Breakfast- Protein Shake

Drink a large Crystal light. ( I add about 28 ounces of Water with one of those tiny packets)

Morning snack is Yogurt

lunch is a slice of roasted turkey with some mustard, or maybe a bit of cheese. (2-3 bites)

afternoon snack is another Protein shake

dinner is sometimes caned chicken with cheese, or some refried Beans with cheese

Then evening snack is my Homemade pudding pops... (Sugar free pudding with double Protein Powder put in popscicle molds)

What am I doingwrong!!???!!!

I too went out for my one month.. I ordered a side order of refried Beans ( Mexican restaurant) I ate a couple bites is all... The waitress kept asking me if it tasted OK.

I survived my first dinner in a restaurant. Only ate the grilled chicken out of the taco. Did not eat the flour tortilla or the cilantro & cabbage that were also inside. I cut it up into the tiniest pieces ever. ( I think the waitress thought I was nuts).
The only thing that bothered me was that I never got to even take a sip of my Water ( damn half hour rule!)
The "old me" would have been bothered by the massive amounts of wings & beer that surrounded me. Or the plate of "loaded tater tots" that the couple next to us had. But instead, this Sleevie Wonder was bothered by not being able to drink water when she wanted to. Should we chalk it up to a first NSV???

Don't even respond to statements like that.. Sounds like ignorance and youth talking... I haven't noticed my weigh loss either then hubby took a photo of me without me knowing and sent it to me.. When I looked at it, I was surprised.. I have shoulders! Don't get sad about what people said.. I'm sure there will be happy people and jealous people.. My girlfriend told me it took a lot of courage to do what I had done.. I never really thought of it that way, but she is right.. We all made a life changing decision to better ourselves..

Don't take one persons comment to heart.. Keep on losing and Loving yourself...

"You don't have to be perfect in order to be remarkable"

Had my 2nd post op visit today down 42 pounds total of 61 since I started this journey soo happy.

bodyweight.png?ts=1408564491

Edited by janeta16