Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

Can anyone please tell me how to join the private fb page??? Tia

Question: Has anyone heard if post surgery that kidney stones are a potential problem. My doctor me that many post surgery patients have gallbladder trouble from the very fast weight loss, but never mentioned kidney stones. I am having like pain in mid back going through toward bladder. Never had a stone before so I can't swear this is what it is but uncomfortable enough to stop the exercise tonight.

I was worried about that because my friend had major problems with kidney stones several times post-op. He also had some of the same problems I've had with dehydration and Constipation. Thank God I have not had a problem with kidney stones.

I think he told me that his surgeon told him that some folks are more prone to get them than others. Also he admitted to me that he was eanting and drinking some of the foods that really aggravate kidney stones.

I lose pretty slow too, I was sleeved on 7 July 2014 so far since surgery I lost 28 lbs (around 45 lbs total) last month I only lost 7.7 lbs but it's fine by me. Now the pattern of losing is pretty steady, The weigh stays still the same for 4-5 days then drop around 1-2 lbs. at first I was worried but now I get used to it. Before surgery the weight stay still for 10 days before dropping and I could lose only 4.4 lbs a month only. I'm satisfied with the results now.

But what is bugging me now is the clothes in the closet are pretty baggy on me but I don't want to buy new clothes just yet because I now am between sizes. Most of my clothes are size 16 only a few are 14 that I kept. A few weeks ago I fit comfortably in 16 now even 14 is loosing but I'm not sure if I can get in 12 yet. I don't want to get upset if I go to the store and try on but cannot fit in the 12!!!!

Do you track your fat grams per day? I recently started using MG just to see what I was eating, previously I was just worried about Protein. So yesterday while logging my dinner it notified me to try and stay under 22g of fat, so when I looked and saw for the day I was up to 31g of fat I was really surprised. I went through my whole day and found that my two turkey and cheese roll-ups were about 15g of fat! I now have to rethink my quick Breakfast. What do you all do for a quick breakfast? Any ideas? I had a cooked egg today, only 7g of fat but I was satisfied with one.

Oh, I'm 7 wks post op sleeve and down 47lbs. So I know I'm loosing but I want to make good food choices, ya know.

Do you track your fat grams per day? I recently started using MG just to see what I was eating, previously I was just worried about Protein. So yesterday while logging my dinner it notified me to try and stay under 22g of fat, so when I looked and saw for the day I was up to 31g of fat I was really surprised. I went through my whole day and found that my two turkey and cheese roll-ups were about 15g of fat! I now have to rethink my quick breakfast. What do you all do for a quick breakfast? Any ideas? I had a cooked egg today, only 7g of fat but I was satisfied with one.

Oh, I'm 7 wks post op sleeve and down 47lbs. So I know I'm loosing but I want to make good food choices, ya know.

I was just looking thru myfitnesspal an looking at the total fat for the past month..I have gotten up to 39 a day..but it's been few days..it looks like I have stayed between 7 an 30 daily..pretty much all over the board. My biggest efforts have been keeping protein at min of 60 an carbs for day less then 40..by keeping my carbs below 40 for the day I steadily lose...this has been my regimen. .:)

I was just looking thru myfitnesspal an looking at the total fat for the past month..I have gotten up to 39 a day..but it's been few days..it looks like I have stayed between 7 an 30 daily..pretty much all over the board. My biggest efforts have been keeping Protein at min of 60 an carbs for day less then 40..by keeping my carbs below 40 for the day I steadily lose...this has been my regimen. .:)

OK thanks. Yea I'm tracking through my fitness pal and I did go through the past couple days and like you I'm all over, especially when I exercise.

I lose pretty slow too, I was sleeved on 7 July 2014 so far since surgery I lost 28 lbs (around 45 lbs total) last month I only lost 7.7 lbs but it's fine by me. Now the pattern of losing is pretty steady, The weigh stays still the same for 4-5 days then drop around 1-2 lbs. at first I was worried but now I get used to it. Before surgery the weight stay still for 10 days before dropping and I could lose only 4.4 lbs a month only. I'm satisfied with the results now. But what is bugging me now is the clothes in the closet are pretty baggy on me but I don't want to buy new clothes just yet because I now am between sizes. Most of my clothes are size 16 only a few are 14 that I kept. A few weeks ago I fit comfortably in 16 now even 14 is loosing but I'm not sure if I can get in 12 yet. I don't want to get upset if I go to the store and try on but cannot fit in the 12!!!!

Dresses seem to last for longer between sizes

I'm doing the same with dresses..I gave most clothes away last wk..I kept my Sun dresses..they still wrk good for me. After fall I'll pass them on. I've went from 22/24 W to 18...which is fine...I'll take it. I'm going to go face to face with my recumbent bike today!! I'm 2 months out. .I have to at least start slow on it an wrk myself up...:)

Canker sores and ulcers in the mouth can be caused from bacteria changes from diet change. I would when possible seek out active culture yogurts. Activa or any that say Active bacteria culture

Had a very interesting situation. I had a sore throat which developed into canker sores. But the biggest problem was the canker sore decided to develop on my uvula.... Even Water burns when I down it.... Back to liquid diet again until the thing heals... 2 weeks is standard time to heal, I think i shortened it to another 2-3 days because it's slowly healing the ulcers.

I was sleeved July 19, I still have times when two bites and I am done. Sometimes it feels like pressure. I find it easier when I measure most of my food (doctor suggested diet proportions for post sleeve. The diet is broken down by weeks. So for meat portion about 1/4 cup, veg 1/2 cup, starch 1/4 cup, dairy milk liquid 1/2 cup, milk thicker (yogurt) about 3 oz. The book shows multiple portions eaten together by this time but I still can only eat one suggestion per meal. I am still eating 6 times per day.

I was sleeved July 1st so I am 7 weeks out and I have to eat soooo slowly and even then I only eat maybe a 1/4 cup has anyone ever had this problem? Thanks

I was sleeved on July 31st so I am coming up in 6 weeks out. My surgeon's instructions were not to eat more the 4 Oz of food and the food should only be Proteins (except no beef or pork), peeled fruits, and cooked vegetables. I do that 3 times a day and most of the time I measure the food out so I don't overdo it during the time when my sleeve I fully healing. I also drink 100 calories of a Protein Shake 2-3 times/day depending on how long I am up. I can pretty much always take in 4 oz of food. I think once I am past 8 weeks I can try to increase the amount of food slightly. I lost 9 lbs before my surgery and have lost 27 pounds since my surgery... and I am feeling fantastic! Although it is hard to not eat starches, breads, grains... I crave those on the regular. I can't have those things for 6 months so hopefully the cravings will decrease over time.

Edited by Mrs_21

I didn't realize that I am actually 2 months post-op today!! Since surgery I've lost 29.26 lbs today I weigh 180.4 lbs and I can't wait to lose 5 more because It's been so long I weighed under 175 lbs. I wish I could do it by my birthday but I don't think that I can lose 5 lbs in 10 days. It would be cool though! ;-)

I was sleeved July 19, I still have times when two bites and I am done. Sometimes it feels like pressure. I find it easier when I measure most of my food (doctor suggested diet proportions for post sleeve. The diet is broken down by weeks. So for meat portion about 1/4 cup, veg 1/2 cup, starch 1/4 cup, dairy milk liquid 1/2 cup, milk thicker (yogurt) about 3 oz. The book shows multiple portions eaten together by this time but I still can only eat one suggestion per meal. I am still eating 6 times per day.

I am 9 wks out tomorrow an I still stop at 4 or 5 bites. Its not pressure but I feel full. I do better drinking my Protein. I eat 4 to 5 x a day as well. Is all good!

I had my surgery July 30th , so I am 5 1/2 weeks out... I'm wondering if I'm losing at a good rate or not? I don't have anyone to compare to other than the woman I shared a room with in the hospital who gave me her number to chat. So far I have lost 34 lbs since what the doctor marked as my weight for the day of surgery. 49 lbs down since my highest weight which was in June before the pre op liquid diet. Is this considered accurate as to how fast or slow I should be losing in the beginning? I hope I'm not slacking- I'm sticking to everything perfectly.. Thanks in advance for responses !!

Edited by n0ble199

I'm about 6 weeks. Still not losing anything else. Staying away from carbs but now I'm at the beach for a couple of days and trying to be careful but... I usually eat 2 or 3 times a day. Had a great cup of clam chowder last night. Full of carbs I'm sure.