Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

All normal and good!! Congrats and good luck

Hi, I just got my VSG yesterday 8/12. It was much more painful than I expected but today was a good day. I am being discharged this evening. I have been able to keep down crystal light, sugar free Jello, and some broth. My surgery was uncomplicated and except for the pain and severe nausea, I'm actually up and walking, took a shower, and feeling good.

I am having major trouble Keeping hydrated. Just can't seem to remember to drink enough fluids. Had to get hydrated at the Drs office the other day. Now I feel like I need to go do it again.

Dehydration and feeling really weak have been my only problems so far. I also can drink more liquids than I thought I should be able to but thicker stuff is a lot harder to get down.

I am three weeks post-op

Any July Sleevers hit the dreaded 3rd week stall??? I did!! Ugh please tell me when it will end!!

Yeppers no change x3 days for me so im guessing we are in same boat. I try not to step on that da#$ scale but can't. Im trying to change up meal choices. ..kinda always the same & hope that will help. Good luck to you!!

I am having major trouble Keeping hydrated. Just can't seem to remember to drink enough fluids. Had to get hydrated at the Drs office the other day. Now I feel like I need to go do it again.

Dehydration and feeling really weak have been my only problems so far. I also can drink more liquids than I thought I should be able to but thicker stuff is a lot harder to get down.

I am three weeks post-op

Hey mick. I too can drink quite a bit with no problems. Have u tried to thin the shakes with milk it has really helped me.

Baby lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots = no problem at all. Sprinkled with feta and a good quality balsamic vinegar is HEAVEN! I was craving salad something fierce.

I'm eating between 800-1000 on a regular day, getting all Water and Protein + healthy veggies, bike & treadmill 5+ days/week, and am down 50 lbs since pre-op.

what date was your surgery?

Hi, all! I was sleeved 7/28 and just had my 2 week post op appointment with the nut. I'm down 30 # from my highest weight! got cleared for Stage 3(fork tender foods)

Hi all! I was sleeved 7/28 and feel pretty terrific. Had my 2 week post op nutritionist appt today and got cleared for Stage 3(fork tender foods). Came home and ate a 1/4 c of tuna with light mayo and it was sheer bliss! I'm down 30# from my highest weight and she told me that the expectation is to have lost 10% of your highest body weight in the first month post op. I've already exceeded that in the first 2 weeks. Love my sleeve! So glad that I did this, even though it is hard work. Good luck to all my fellow July sleevers!

::sob:: I gained a pound... I know I shouldn't have stepped on the scale every single day but couldn't help it.

I know this is normal because I did everything right.. just want to get it out a little before going to walk. :'-(

I I'd you have a hernia repair? I was sleeved on July 31st and I am having pains in my neck and arm too. Doc said it is because the nerves that are where he worked on my hernia run up to my neck and down through my arm.

Was sleeved 7/22. Was found well no pain or gas. Went to work on 8/12. Two day later I have very bad left shoulder/neck pain. Don't know if it's related or what. Anyone?

Probably a leak?

I was also sleeved on July 22nd. Had a large hernia repair too. Most times when I eat & drink I get a pain in my throat (along with a lot of gurgling). I have gotten no reaction from my sleeve...only the pain in the throat. Weird??? Anyone else experience this?

what date was your surgery?

July 1st.

Updated my weight loss too. It's crazy to be excited about scale days!

Edited by KQH

Hey mick. I too can drink quite a bit with no problems. Have u tried to thin the shakes with milk it has really helped me.

I have tried it several ways including fat free milk, almond milk and coconut milk. My nutritionist told me to use Lactaid so i bought that stuff. My surgeon said "save your money and use regular milk. :)

The powdered stuff I use tastes just like the Premier but just a little bit after I drink it I start feeling really down and have to lay down. That just started a few days ago. It may be that goofy Lactaid stuff. Not sure

I am not usually hungry at all but I do have an almost constant feeling that my body needs nutrition.

The only discomfort I have had since I was released from the hospital is when I take in my liquids to fast or the thicker stuff

Last night I took some Better than Bullion broth and some grilled chicken and put it all in my bullet blender and that stuff was GREAT. Real creamy even though i did not use anything but the broth and chicken and a little black pepper.

Every day is a learning process. :)

A little over two weeks since surgery! Incisions are almost completely healed, zero pain, no nausea, haven't vomited yet, and back at the gym last week (cardio only)! I couldn't have asked for a better recovery.

Surgeon gave me the go-ahead to start weightlifting again and I'm moving on to purees/mushies.

I actually started purees earlier this week, first by adding egg white to broth, then added tofu, then used less broth to make it more mushy. All of it went down just fine! I'm so delighted. However, without much liquid, I can really feel my little tummy filling up fast. I love the feeling and so glad I got this surgery!

I did my first round of chicken breast pureed with some Soup and that went down well also. Delicious! Oh how I missed you real chicken! It takes me about 20-25 minutes to eat 3oz of pureed chicken with sauce. Amazing! And I'm enjoying every delicious bite!

I went to the store after my appointment and got some low fat cottage cheese, cheddar, and mozzarella. Also got a few Indian sauces, a Thai sauce, and some ground turkey. I'm not yet sure how much I'll actually be able to eat in a week, so I have no idea how much to buy!

My nutritionist said to go ahead and eat a couple extra small Snacks on gym days because I've been taking in about 600-800 calories and burning 500-600 on elliptical cardio. She said to make sure I never feel weak or dizzy. Haven't so far, but I do tire more easily than before surgery.

I donated a bunch of 'larger sized' clothes to Goodwill and bought a round of new shirts in two sizes (one for now and one for down the road). It feels so nice to have some new clothes and a newer body for them.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Edited by AlwaysVegas