Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

Sleeved 7/2:<br> Day 40<br><br> In a little stall. I've lost 45 pounds total, including my pre-surgery loss. I can eat virtually everything, but not much. The not much part keeps me from my Protein and Water goals. Need to up my Protein and Water. Problem is I can. I longer tolerate shakes. They make me yak. I'm getting better with protein since I've found Protein Bars, but the only issue is that I'm not sure which ones are good and which are crap. <br><br> Any good protein bars without the carbs and calories people are eating?

shakes definitely become old and gross...I'm just starting my soft food phase, which I'm totally looking forward too, but I still have difficulty with protein so I needed to find something I could supplement food with. I found a recipe for a chocolate Peanut Butter shake that is awesome. At first it tasted like a frosty and then a Reese's PB cup. 1 cup of light almond milk

1/2 cup water

2 tablespoons of trunut Peanut Butter chocolate ( u could use PB2)

All the ice you want... I blended in a bullet

I drank this in 2 parts, but I don't have any problem drinking fluids, but it is yummy and now I can have son Liquid Protein

post-216699-0-76292200-1407794016_thumb.jpg

This is the stats for 1/2 a serving

Sleeved 7/2: Day 40 In a little stall. I've lost 45 pounds total, including my pre-surgery loss. I can eat virtually everything, but not much. The not much part keeps me from my Protein and Water goals. Need to up my Protein and Water. Problem is I can. I longer tolerate shakes. They make me yak. I'm getting better with protein since I've found protein bars, but the only issue is that I'm not sure which ones are good and which are crap. Any good protein bars without the carbs and calories people are eating?

I totally understand where you are coming from. I am having the same problem. Congrats on the 45 lbs!!!!

My surgeon didn't give me any guideline for Protein or anything (I'm in France) he only told me not to eat sweet stuff like candies, no soda even sparkling Water. He told me to eat a bit of everything, carb, Protein, vegetable, fruits, fat.. you know, balance meal in a small portion. Only 2 things he told me to do is to eat a Cereal bar for afternoon snack, pick anything I like which contains Selenium, B6, B9 and zinc and drink 1.5 litre of Water. Sorry if I'm not very helpful on this but so far I have added only chicken to my meals other than eggs and cheese or greek yogurt.

Thank you for the reply : )

Sleeved 7/2:

Day 40

In a little stall. I've lost 45 pounds total, including my pre-surgery loss. I can eat virtually everything, but not much. The not much part keeps me from my Protein and Water goals. Need to up my Protein and Water. Problem is I can. I longer tolerate shakes. They make me yak. I'm getting better with protein since I've found protein bars, but the only issue is that I'm not sure which ones are good and which are crap.

Any good protein bars without the carbs and calories people are eating?

Did u try the pure protein bars? Low carbs low sugar..

Sleeved 7/2:

Day 40

In a little stall. I've lost 45 pounds total, including my pre-surgery loss. I can eat virtually everything, but not much. The not much part keeps me from my Protein and Water goals. Need to up my protein and water. Problem is I can. I longer tolerate shakes. They make me yak. I'm getting better with protein since I've found protein bars, but the only issue is that I'm not sure which ones are good and which are crap.

Any good protein bars without the carbs and calories people are eating?

Did u try the pure protein bars? Low carbs low sugar..

Please add me to Facebook.< /p>

if anyone is still wanting in the fb group add me on fb jennifer phillips magnusson- and send me a message please so i know you want added thanks

I'm still getting between 500 to 700 cal daily....

Just curios how many calories are everyone eating daily. I've been stalled for 10 days now.

Surgery 7/24, getting 500-700 calories daily. Hitting Protein and Water goal daily.

I'm afraid I've lost focus already. I've been on a stall for quite awhile but I'm not eating perfectly either. Everyday I say I'm going to do better and it doesn't happen. Feeling pretty down :(

Try varying it to confuse your body, more calories or what you would consider less responsible foods in moderation for a few days then back down with extreme control and shakes that kick started me back up!

My surgeon didn't give me any guideline for Protein or anything (I'm in France) he only told me not to eat sweet stuff like candies, no soda even sparkling Water. He told me to eat a bit of everything, carb, protein, vegetable, fruits, fat.. you know, balance meal in a small portion. Only 2 things he told me to do is to eat a Cereal bar for afternoon snack, pick anything I like which contains Selenium, B6, B9 and zinc and drink 1.5 litre of water. Sorry if I'm not very helpful on this but so far I have added only chicken to my meals other than eggs and cheese or greek yogurt.

I was told if you do not get the protein in you lose muscle mass and are more likely to lose hair. I encourage you to check a few American sites for doctor recommendations post OP. I would not want your hair to fall out!

Okay I have not touched many vegetables because the women in our training said many would not be tolerated well. Has anyone tried a salad? I would love a salad? Or slightly tougher vegetables like cucumbers with the skin? I am fearful of the reaction so I have been hesitant but I do not feel like I am living a healthy life style without some fruits and vegetables

Anyone else having a delay in their periods? I feel like a raving lunatic because I feel really PMSy but have not gotten it yet! I fear my children may run away to grandma if I do not get it soon.

We have a secret July Sleevers Facebook. It's already got 110 members. If you add me as a friend on Facebook I can add you to the group of you like. However I'll delete you from my page after, only cause I'd rather get to know everyone through our group before adding you as a friend on my personal page. So don't take offense please! The group is great though so we'd love yall to join us!

Facebook.com / mrs.pamelaclark

Hi! I tried to find you on Facebook but couldn't. I would love to join the private facebook group. Can you post a link? Thank you!

Okay I have not touched many vegetables because the women in our training said many would not be tolerated well. Has anyone tried a salad? I would love a salad? Or slightly tougher vegetables like cucumbers with the skin? I am fearful of the reaction so I have been hesitant but I do not feel like I am living a healthy life style without some fruits and vegetables

I just met with my doc (first post-op appt--had staples removed) and I was told I can't touch veggies until 5 to 8 weeks post-op and even then it has to be soft veggies or fruit without skin. I think skinless for quite awhile?

Then when you add salad, (Stage III - week 9 or 10) we are supposed to add one food at a time. So (for example) lettuce with cucumbers one time. Then next time add tomatoes. And when you take bites, we are supposed to take a bite of one ingredient/food at a time. (so don't take a forkful of lettuce, cucumber and Tomato and try to eat that at once.)