Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 SLEEVERS GROUP

I was told if you do not get the Protein in you lose muscle mass and are more likely to lose hair. I encourage you to check a few American sites for doctor recommendations post OP. I would not want your hair to fall out!

I'm pretty sure we all might lose our hair for a bit just due to the shock of surgery (this is very common) but it's temporary Hair loss. But yes, in the book I read, "Ultimate Gastric Sleeve Success" (by Dr. Vuong) he says first rule of the Gastric Sleeve is always eat protein first. This helps us absorb it better than just having protein once a day. Just like supplements. Take half amount in morning and half in evening. So much to think about!

Anyone else having a delay in their periods? I feel like a raving lunatic because I feel really PMSy but have not gotten it yet! I fear my children may run away to grandma if I do not get it soon.

Mine's not due yet so I can't say, but I have heard this is normal after any surgery. It will return to normal probably next cycle or two!

I would love to join the private fb group as well. Please :)

Anyone else having a delay in their periods? I feel like a raving lunatic because I feel really PMSy but have not gotten it yet! I fear my children may run away to grandma if I do not get it soon.

Hello. Not sure about delay but I got my "sort of" cycle 2.5 wks early & kinda comes and goes. Doc said hormones all out of wack because they are in ur fat cells & as u lose they are all over. I have been a little pmsy myself. It will pass as ur body adjusts I guess.

Any July Sleevers hit the dreaded 3rd week stall??? I did!! Ugh please tell me when it will end!!

Okay I have not touched many vegetables because the women in our training said many would not be tolerated well. Has anyone tried a salad? I would love a salad? Or slightly tougher vegetables like cucumbers with the skin? I am fearful of the reaction so I have been hesitant but I do not feel like I am living a healthy life style without some fruits and vegetables

I had my first green salad last Friday after 1 month post-op appointment with my surgeon, and I have it everyday since.

So far I only tried Boston lettuce, young spinach and cherry tomatoes.

For Protein, yesterday I added some pork to my meal and it went well too.

Any July Sleevers hit the dreaded 3rd week stall??? I did!! Ugh please tell me when it will end!!

After 3 weeks I hit the stall for 2 or 4 days at a time then my surgeon told me to eat more food to lose more and it's true!

My first stall ended when I started eating solid food in a bit bigger portion.

Cheer up! it's normal, I even gained a little today :-P

I just hit is 2 days ago. My doc said that the scale won't move, but my body will continue to change and I will still see differences in my clothing. Keep getting in your Protein and drink your fluids. I just get to add Beans and scrambled eggs and happy with to that addition lol

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my news. I had my check up with the surgeon yesterday. I was sleeved on the 31st July. So almost 2 weeks post op. Anyway I had a loss of 7kgs. I'm stoked. I feel great. I start purée phase tomorrow. Anyone have any recommendations for yummy purée meals?

New Whey Protein Shot

42g Protein

I thought WOW. It was like $2.50. The best thing I can say is that the bottle is shaped so it will go down fast. It tastes absolutely like £<¥*~. Just thinking about it makes me nauseous.

I had my first green salad last Friday after 1 month post-op appointment with my surgeon, and I have it everyday since.

So far I only tried Boston lettuce, young spinach and cherry tomatoes.

For Protein, yesterday I added some pork to my meal and it went well too.

Iv had baby organic seedless cucumber skin OFF.. no skin of any sort on veggies for a while to much work for the tummy. I cut mine up in 4s so there tiny bites. I can't get but maybe 4 or 5 pieces down. I chew slow an put fork down between every bite. No salad for me. Not with trying to get protein always first. Gotta make it a habit for life I don't want hair falling out..haha..stricken to my instructions. No Hair loss yet 5 wks out...taking my Biotin vit. ..I'm goin to wait awhile to try lettuce. .:)

New whey Protein Shot

42g Protein

I thought WOW. It was like $2.50. The best thing I can say is that the bottle is shaped so it will go down fast. It tastes absolutely like £<¥*~. Just thinking about it makes me nauseous.[/quote

I agree! Sometimes I have to use this to get the protein in. I've never drank cow p*** but I bet this is what it tastes like! My own "output" smells like it, too. : )

Greetings!

Had my sleeve done July 28th. Four incisions, no pain, just some gas. So far has been a decent experience. On pureeds now. ICK. Exercise is the devil. Trying so hard to find something I enjoy, but I hate sweating, just gona have to deal. Didn't get my pre surgery weight; including the clear diets for the prep, and 16 days in, I'm down 40 pounds. I don't hate it, but I miss eating. I just want some fish and veggies!!

Baby lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots = no problem at all. Sprinkled with feta and a good quality balsamic vinegar is HEAVEN! I was craving salad something fierce.

I'm eating between 800-1000 on a regular day, getting all Water and Protein + healthy veggies, bike & treadmill 5+ days/week, and am down 50 lbs since pre-op.

Hi, I just got my VSG yesterday 8/12. It was much more painful than I expected but today was a good day. I am being discharged this evening. I have been able to keep down crystal light, sugar free Jello, and some broth. My surgery was uncomplicated and except for the pain and severe nausea, I'm actually up and walking, took a shower, and feeling good.