Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 RNY/Bypass Post Op Support

Sept 2013

This should be me at the AHA Heart Walk Sept 2013 - in the center

Dec 2013

This should be me at my job's Holiday party December 2013 - hiding from the camera in pink

May 2014

This should be me 2 weeks post op - no makeup (lol) - just a boring selfie

Edited by WickedBeauty

You look awesome! Congrats!!!

You look beautiful wicked beauty. I never thought I had a fat face but that's the first place that I've lost weight. Your face has slimmed down too. Good job!

@@mcmedic13 - Thanks so much...I'm trying!!!

@@msshellg - Thanks! That's how I always know when I'm crossing over into the danger zone...smh

I'd have multiole chins, my cheeks would look like a chipmunk and my stomach would expand. As much weight as I carried, I'd never had a large stomach until just recently.

I knew things were getting serious then. So glad I did this!

Just an update. Down 32 lbs since surgery on April 3. It is funny how the weight is coming off. I lose maybe a half of a pound a day for several days and then stall for several days. I cannot predict by what I eat how much, if any that I lose. Still having a lot of trouble with solids. I have had issues with things feeling stuck and then I vomit (sorry TMI.) No dumping though. I have been good with getting in enough Protein but the Water is still a struggle.

I find it very interesting how everyone reacts differently to diet ,but also the same. We all deal with diet a little different drinking fluids getting Protein and taking steps to our new life. My diet has started to change again. What I am eating is starting to taste like food. I have had 2 meals today that were good. It makes me feel more positive. I have lost about 33lbs since April 16. I am off my BP medicine, no more reflux, back pain has improved. I need to get my strength back. Will start pool exercise next week. I would like to hear how each of you are doing at this point. The good and the bad.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated. I'm 5 weeks out. I'm sick and tired of the food I'm allowed to have at this point and the fact that I have 10 more days of it. I will never eat tuna or white flaky fish again after this. I'm not eating enough Protein because eggs are literally the only thing I can stand. So some of my meals don't have protein.

I'm also nauseous all the time. I was on an antibiotic for a bladder infection but I had to stop. I'm hoping that helps. I've resorted to eating saltines as needed. I've also determined my gut will not tolerate cheese. My pouch is fine with it but my gut is not.

I know this is minor stuff in relation to what many experience. I am grateful these are minor annoyances and not major complications. I try to keep it all in perspective.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated. I'm 5 weeks out. I'm sick and tired of the food I'm allowed to have at this point and the fact that I have 10 more days of it. I will never eat tuna or white flaky fish again after this. I'm not eating enough Protein because eggs are literally the only thing I can stand. So some of my meals don't have protein. I'm also nauseous all the time. I was on an antibiotic for a bladder infection but I had to stop. I'm hoping that helps. I've resorted to eating saltines as needed. I've also determined my gut will not tolerate cheese. My pouch is fine with it but my gut is not. I know this is minor stuff in relation to what many experience. I am grateful these are minor annoyances and not major complications. I try to keep it all in perspective.

You are doing great!!! I've been following your posts since I joined this site and you always share your journey in a way that informs and inspires me and others I'm sure. This post is no different. It just shows how we all feel from time to time. Continue doing what you're doing in time this will all be a memory to be shared over and over again as you Celebrate the new you. God bless.

Hi I had surgery April 1st. No complications and have lost 30 lbs. so far but all of a sudden I am starving. I'm still hungry even after eating correct sized portions. Has anyone experienced this? The one thing I was so looking forward to was not being so hungry. This is too soon!

I think my new baby stomach hates eating in the morning. Any other time of day I am fine. That first meal or shake gets me everytime.

I have tried five different kinds of Protein Shakes and a variety of flavors. I got samples from all over the place. I cannot have anything with aspartame so I have to be careful of ingredients. I have tried with milk, with Water, with juice with unsweetened almond milk. Soy Protein, whey protein, pea protein, egg protein. I even tried adding the unflavored powder to broth.< /p>

No matter what combo I use I always feel dizzy and nauseous for an hour or so after my morning shake.

This morning I decided to go with cottage cheese for Breakfast and have a shake later. Thinking maybe that would be a better option.

No go. !/4 cup of cottage cheese is usually no problem at all. I could not eat more than half and promptly got sick.

It must just be my tummy does not like the first meal of the day.

Anyone else having this problem or having a certain time they cannot eat?

Good Morning Everyone! How is everyone doing? Fine I hope! I have a question, how much Protein are you getting? In what ways are you getting it( if shakes what kind, if natural how). Just trying to improve the protein intake of myself and others who are struggling. Thank you guys for being the awesome supportive group you are!

I put 1/4 cup of cheese in my V-8 and heat it like a Soup.< /p>

Melt cheese on fat free Beans.< /p>

Page O% greek yogurt has a ton of Protein I mix it with simply fruit jam or siggi's yogurt. the Label on Siggi's is pretty high in grams of sugar but it is almost all from fruit so it has not caused me a problem with dumping.

I also eat chicken soup sometimes with unflavored Protein Powder added.

A good soup I have found also is healthy living split pea. Add more Water than it says to add and it is easer to eat.

First pic 1 month before surgery

Sec pic 1 month after surgery

Both are beautiful! You are doing awesome