Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 RNY/Bypass Post Op Support

That's awesome Jess!! You are doing great and you look great!! I'm proud of your success!!! My weight loss is a little slower than yours but I'm so proud of all of us!! It has been a struggle and some days are better than others!! I'm still not 100% glad I had the surgery, but it's much better than it used to be. What kind of things have you been eating?

Thank you so much! I am proud of ALL of us:) no worries I'm still not 100% happy yet either:/ I fight with eating everyday!! The same things that work one day, don't work the next:/ I am severly bummed that I can't eat chicken.< /p>

What am I eating? I don't have like a standard plan, I keep thinks at work that go down easy for me like crackers, nuts, Protein bars...and that's usually what I eat through out the day. At dinner I can eat practically any type of food, it just varies on how much of it I can eat. I can eat fish, but no shrimp, I can eat brisket but no chicken:/ my friends dad made Breakfast tacos one day and I actually had a few bites of it like a normal person. They were small bites and lots of time between them. I have eaten salad, salmon, mashed potatoes, sweet potato, lunch meat and cheese, grits, crackers and cheese, canned fruits, I shared a grilled cheese with my 2 year old today for her lunch (she ate 3/4ths of it) and I'm planning on making us a low cal flat bread pizza for dinner tonight:) I can also eat barbacoa (the cheek meat only) and crawfish....YAY but I usually only can have a few bites of anything:/

Thats so good Jess!!! I eat crackers but I have not tried nuts or Protein Bars or salad!! I can't wait to try salad!!! I've been eating loads of watermelon and grapes.. I can eat chicken, tuna, and salmon. I eat a lot of chili. Before this surgery I used to love eggs, but now they don't taste good..

I also have a problem with eating too fast, it doesn't hurt but I just feel that it's too fast. And I totally hate not drinking when I eat.

I am grateful for the surgery because I know I could not have done this without it, but it is really hard especially emotionally!!! But I keep praying and keep going!

Have a wonderful day!

Thats so good Jess!!! I eat crackers but I have not tried nuts or Protein bars or salad!! I can't wait to try salad!!! I've been eating loads of watermelon and grapes.. I can eat chicken, tuna, and salmon. I eat a lot of chili. Before this surgery I used to love eggs, but now they don't taste good.. I also have a problem with eating too fast, it doesn't hurt but I just feel that it's too fast. And I totally hate not drinking when I eat. I am grateful for the surgery because I know I could not have done this without it, but it is really hard especially emotionally!!! But I keep praying and keep going! Have a wonderful day!

I feel the same way about eggs!! They don't taste as goo as they used to. I'm going to get some beaters and try an omelette in the morning. I have to go REALLY slow with the salad because I'm afraid I can't chew the lettuce as good as I need to.

I had a bad problem with eating too fast. If I do, I throw up within minutes:/ that's what I am workin on getting used to. Mmmm chili sounds so good:)

I also have a problem with eating too fast, it doesn't hurt but I just feel that it's too fast. And I totally hate not drinking when I eat.

I am using the timer on my phone. It serves a couple of purposes. I am taking a bite every minute for at least 25 minutes. Sometimes it takes more than 25 minutes to finish my 2 oz of protein/2 oz of fruit or veggie. But at one bite per minute I don't eat too fast. Then I can also tell when my 30 minutes is up and it's time to drink. I also leave the timer running so I can see when my 5 hours is nearing and I can stop drinking and prepare my next meal. I'm on a 3 meal no Snacks plan.

I am using the timer on my phone. It serves a couple of purposes. I am taking a bite every minute for at least 25 minutes. Sometimes it takes more than 25 minutes to finish my 2 oz of protein/2 oz of fruit or veggie. But at one bite per minute I don't eat too fast. Then I can also tell when my 30 minutes is up and it's time to drink. I also leave the timer running so I can see when my 5 hours is nearing and I can stop drinking and prepare my next meal. I'm on a 3 meal no Snacks plan.

That's very precise!!! I have learned at home or work I can take my time because I'm always working at my desk while eating and at home I am tending to my daughter, but sitting down just eating....that's when I run into problems....BC the reason for sitting down is to eat...I am a little nervous because I have a lunch date Saturday and I'm not ready to share the news about why I eat the way I do....:/

I have a lunch date Saturday and I'm not ready to share the news about why I eat the way I do....:/

Talk, Talk, Talk. Then nobody will notice how much you did not eat and you can pack it up in a doggy bag. If your lunch date doesn't know, I would leave all the food on your plate and take your small slow bites. I think people notice if you immediately portion and pack up.

Hi, I feel like I am at a stand still with weight loss.I Feel much better and have more energy and life is better,but now I keep going up and down the same couple of pounds. What do I do next? Has anyone done this I am about 8 weeks out and eating solid food in small servings.

Hi, I feel like I am at a stand still with weight loss.I Feel much better and have more energy and life is better,but now I keep going up and down the same couple of pounds. What do I do next? Has anyone done this I am about 8 weeks out and eating solid food in small servings.

I am stalled as well. I didn't lose anything in week 7. Today marks 8 weeks. I also had a stall week 3/4. My nutritionist warned me about this one.

I am scheduled for Monday June 16th and now I am getting so nervous!!! Reading all your posts has been very informative

Rny Houston tx

Is anybody using muscle milk Protein Shakes?

I am scheduled for Monday June 16th and now I am getting so nervous!!! Reading all your posts has been very informative Rny Houston tx

I'm from Houston:):) what hospital are you going to? I went to north cypress medical center for mine on April 23rd

I will be at Methodist in the med ctr area! I am really nervous now because a lot of people seem to be having a hard time afterwards !!!

Hi, mtibodo2 I had my surgery at Memorial Hermann, Houston, April 16,2014. I think, know matter how well you prepare yourself for your surgery you are never 100% sure how your body is going to react. You need to look at the long range out come just in my six weeks I am off 2 medications, have no reflux ,no B/P problems , join pain improved , bladder problem improved and have lost 40lb. Surgery is never fun , but I am sure you will do great. You may hit some bumps along the way, but we are here to help you. GOOD LUCK

Thank you for that! I went today and bought all the Protein Shakes and Soups in abundance lol.

Had surgery on April 22. I have been doing pretty well. But I was told on Thursday that I have gall stones. I've had no pain today and still hoping it does not automatically mean surgery again!