Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 RNY/Bypass Post Op Support

Get it removed asap or you will be in so much pain even worse feeling. Recovery is minim as l after gallbladder removal.

I agree!!! Life is so much better without the gall bladder issues.

Was wondering how's everyone doing?

Next week I go for my 6 month check up and to be honest a little nervous about it.

These last two months have been rough with life and trying to balance finishing my degree and keeping on the right track.

I haven't exercised like I wish I could, or tracked my food the same way either. I have lost more weight of course, but as much as I should? not sure what to compare it to.

It has been a year since I started my journey with my 6 month pre-op.

I have lost a total of 125 pounds in this year, with 81 pounds since day of surgery.

I have 50 more pounds to go to reach my personal goal of 170.

I know everyone is different and it is hard to compare when this is such a life change for us all.

I have no regrets I would choose to do this journey all over again. I like what I am becoming. I am 5 pounds away from being the lowest weight I can ever remember weighing since I was 13years old. I can do so many more things in life. I can honestly say in a long time this is the first thing in my life that worked out the way I hoped it would... This tool has changed a lot of things about me and I know there would have been no other way to make this all happen.

I hope you all are finding peace and doing wonderful with these changes we are going through.

I am down 85# and I also worry if I have lost enough to be considered on track. There is a weight prediction page on www.realize.com that you can put in your starting weight. It will calculate where you should be at 6,12,18 months depending on your procedure. I am in the 50% right now but I need to lose 12# to be in the top 20%! I doubt I can lose that much by the 21st but I'm trying. But I've yet to workout.

Thanks for the prediction tool. I am also in the 50% and I am taking that as a positive thing. I know I haven't done all, so I could to be along further. There just isn't enough hours in the day. This at least took away some of the worries about the doctor visit. I will be honest and say there has been limited formal exercise. I think it might be what I consider exercise.. No gym visits, no pool visits, but I am walking and moving so much more than I was. It is funny how we compare ourselves to each other... I am just going to enjoy my huge change and the continue changes.

Hello all! And thank you for the prediction tool. . I am slightly above the 50%, but not in the 20%. What I take this tool to mean is that I am on tract. Just like when you have a baby the doctor keeps tract of height and weight for age group. . It means that we are experiencing average weight loss for our surgery. In knowing that, I plan to kick things up a notch. ???? I am very Encouraged

Glad to see everyone still hanging in there. I've had a rough few weeks. I spent 3 days in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer. It was the worst thing I have ever experienced. I threw up blood every 15-20 minutes for 15 hours. Nobody knows why it occurred at 5.5 months. If it's going to happen, it usually shows up much earlier. So I'm on a bunch of new medicine. YUK.

The timing was also terrible because I had finally started to do some formal exercise. I was going to gym in the morning, and had even done a private yoga session to learn some things before I jumped into a class. Now 2 weeks later I just feel like I am making it through the day. I'm hoping to get back in the gym this week.

Anyone having an issue with their tailbone? Mine is unbearable. I can't sit in the same position very long. I was miserable last night at the movies and fidgeted the entire time. The chiro and surgeon said there is not much I can do except try to strengthen my core. My tailbone shifted to balance all the excess weight for so many years and now it's out of place.

On a positive note, I'm down 73 pounds at 6 months. I started this process with a 40 BMI so I was considered on the "smaller" end of this whole process. Quite honestly, I wouldn't mind staying where I am. I'm in a M/L shirt and a size 12 pants. My doctor told me I could realistically expect to be at 165, which is only 10 more pounds. I'm not so worried about that anymore. I'd like to give my skin some time to rebound in hopes that some of it will start to look better.

Dr visit went great all labs were perfect. He said I was 10-15 pounds ahead of what he expected so that is even better news. He does want at least 20 mins of formal exercise 3-4 times weekly, not for weight loss but for strength and help with pain. He said pain is from body shifting from weight and nerve damage but hopefully might get better. I also loved his view point on the grouchiness, called me a snicker commercial.. And that is good thing... Body needs nutrition so feed it.. Good thing, not about comfort but about survival...pay attention to moods based on food... Might be new hunger clues. All in all happy Dr report!

Glad to see everyone still hanging in there. I've had a rough few weeks. I spent 3 days in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer. It was the worst thing I have ever experienced. I threw up blood every 15-20 minutes for 15 hours. Nobody knows why it occurred at 5.5 months. If it's going to happen, it usually shows up much earlier. So I'm on a bunch of new medicine. YUK.

The timing was also terrible because I had finally started to do some formal exercise. I was going to gym in the morning, and had even done a private yoga session to learn some things before I jumped into a class. Now 2 weeks later I just feel like I am making it through the day. I'm hoping to get back in the gym this week.

Anyone having an issue with their tailbone? Mine is unbearable. I can't sit in the same position very long. I was miserable last night at the movies and fidgeted the entire time. The chiro and surgeon said there is not much I can do except try to strengthen my core. My tailbone shifted to balance all the excess weight for so many years and now it's out of place.

On a positive note, I'm down 73 pounds at 6 months. I started this process with a 40 BMI so I was considered on the "smaller" end of this whole process. Quite honestly, I wouldn't mind staying where I am. I'm in a M/L shirt and a size 12 pants. My doctor told me I could realistically expect to be at 165, which is only 10 more pounds. I'm not so worried about that anymore. I'd like to give my skin some time to rebound in hopes that some of it will start to look better.

OMG!!! My tailbone has been so uncomfortable!! I broke it about 8 years ago and I promise you the pain is identical!

Dr visit went great all labs were perfect. He said I was 10-15 pounds ahead of what he expected so that is even better news. He does want at least 20 mins of formal exercise 3-4 times weekly, not for weight loss but for strength and help with pain. He said pain is from body shifting from weight and nerve damage but hopefully might get better. I also loved his view point on the grouchiness, called me a snicker commercial.. And that is good thing... Body needs nutrition so feed it.. Good thing, not about comfort but about survival...pay attention to moods based on food... Might be new hunger clues. All in all happy Dr report!

Great report!

Hi Everyone, Glad to hear that our group is doing well. I had one set back Gallbladder went out, so back to surgery for a removal. I had more recovery time so I haven't done the exercise I should have. I have managed to lose about 72 pounds. I am still not getting my Protein like I should, but I am off my B/P medicine, reflux medicine and having to buy more clothes. I do not have as much joint pain. I should have my labs back next week. I feel I have a ways to go. I set my goal at 170, but now I am not sure I want to get that low. I find I don't always do what I should be doing, it is difficult to go out to eat,but I am glad I made the decision to have this surgery. It has been hard at times, but I feel my life is going in the right direction. I have a class reunion this weekend and feel better about myself. Everyone keep up the good work.

Sorry your gallbladder stopped. I had mine removed when I was 17, so I understand how hard it is when it stops working. You will feel much better once it is not there. As for weight goals I am in the same place as you. Not sure how small I will get or want to be. I think it has to do with never being small my whole life so nothing to compare it to. I was thinking 160-175 would be my goal I think that will make me a size 12. I am 225 and am an 18 almost 16. I would be so content there..my

Dr has never set a goal or discuss this. He keeps saying just keep losing and exercising. Keep doing what you are doing.

In my mind I think it will all level off my body will find its balance.

Glad to be hearing everyone's reports.

Sorry your gallbladder stopped. I had mine removed when I was 17, so I understand how hard it is when it stops working. You will feel much better once it is not there. As for weight goals I am in the same place as you. Not sure how small I will get or want to be. I think it has to do with never being small my whole life so nothing to compare it to. I was thinking 160-175 would be my goal I think that will make me a size 12. I am 225 and am an 18 almost 16. I would be so content there..my

Dr has never set a goal or discuss this. He keeps saying just keep losing and exercising. Keep doing what you are doing.

In my mind I think it will all level off my body will find its balance.

Glad to be hearing everyone's reports.

post-204687-14152082862073_thumb.jpg

6 almost 7 months out and 104pds lighter =)

Awesome!!!!! What a transformation!