Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 pre-op group

I'm an 4 days post op and don't know if I am getting enough Fluid. They have me using 1oz. cups. Wiiish they just let me use the bottle and drink. An nd can I eat mashed potatoes too now?

I couldn't even think about mashed potatoes at 4 days post op:/ I wouldn't because you had major invasion surgery only 4 days ago. You need to heal Hun.

Just asking about it, saw some people are doing that. I again don't know if I'm getting enough Fluid. Otherwise I feel fantastic!

Nooo, I was like 3 days shy of starting pureed and I made the potatoes very thin.

Omg !! Lol I bet hmmmmm I want some . I am only 10 days post op how many days are you ? I am sooooo tired of the liquid diet like I don't even bother eating broth it's just not fun , all I do is drink all day ughhhh i am feeling really down

I'm 10 days out too. Still on full liquids. I start pureed legally Monday.

It must be really hard. I was 5 days out when I was cleared for pureed food. By then I was super hungry and I was glad for the pureed food, mashed potatoes was heaven!!!

On day 10 I was cleared for solids, things are much better since then. On pureed I felt hungry alot, since I am on solids I am full after 3 bits.

Things are looking up, I am feeling great! I wish you all the best!

Yes - JessM11, I oooked 1 small potato, 1/2 sweet potato and about two tablespoons of mixed carrots baby peas and broccoli. Then puréed it all with a small piece of steamed cod. About the consistency of runny potato mask by adding low fat milk. It made 6 meals LOL

Good luck going onto purée! It's such a nice change - one step closer..... :-)

Sounds like our waist incisions are similar - glad to hear yours is healing well.

Come to think of it, how are everyone's incisions??

My incisions look good. Most are healed. 2 are still in the process. One has a lil ooze today but nothing major..2 are so small and healed you can barely see them

My incisions are healing well, however, did anyone have lots of swelling? I am 6 days post op and I gained 19lbs after surgery. My ankles are still very swollen as well as my belly but I notice the left side(muffin top) protrudes more than the right. I go to my follow up appointment Tuesday but just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

My incisions are healing well, however, did anyone have lots of swelling? I am 6 days post op and I gained 19lbs after surgery. My ankles are still very swollen as well as my belly but I notice the left side(muffin top) protrudes more than the right. I go to my follow up appointment Tuesday but just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

I gained 10lbs during surgery and my abdomen swelled a lot. Not my ankles. I have finally lost it all plus 1lbs.

My incisions are doing well. My 3 port sites are healed. My 2 drain sites are mostly healed. My doctor orders an ointment from a compounding pharmacy for scar management that I am using also.

Edited by MissTrish14

Super itchy belly!

I'm an 4 days post op and don't know if I am getting enough Fluid. They have me using 1oz. cups. Wiiish they just let me use the bottle and drink. An nd can I eat mashed potatoes too now?

please check with your surgeon or NUT. I was on complete Clear Liquids the first 7 days. broth, sf pops, Water, Jello (I couldn't handle though bec It was too heavy). Td

That's so great Jess!!!' I'm too scared to weigh!!! I'll see where I am tomorrow when I go for my post op visit!

That's so great Jess!!!' I'm too scared to weigh!!! I'll see where I am tomorrow when I go for my post op visit!

Thank you:) I guess the reason that I can't really see a difference is because compared to what I need to lose, almost 25 lbs is nothing. I guess when I start getting closer to the 200 mark I will start seeing a difference.

I'm not going to weigh myself again til my post op visit Tuesday. I'm sure your doing really good yourself!!!

So this morning is had Liquid Protein by New Whey.. Grape flavored... This was the nastiest thing ever and then to finish it off, it gave me diarrhea... I'm not having a good day.. Trying to get in my liquids but just not feeling it!