Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 pre-op group

I am so over the liquid diet too:/ I don't want to stuff my face, but I want to be able to go out to my social events, restaurants and not have to say, it's ok I'll just sip my tea (since I already drank my Protein before I went).

Yes I feel you girl !! It's hard and I know this is temporary and it will past but damn the time is moving slow lol I think once I move on to purée I will be ok because I am tired of eating sweets stuff , and I wanna go out to enjoy life , like my birthday is May 24 and it's on a Saturday too on a good day this year . I am thinking what am going to do ? I can't go out to eat I don't think ? I can't drink lol idk what to do, I know this sleeve is a early bday gift

I really is temporary and when we can all eat again but we are half the person we were we will look back and know this was all worth it. That's what keeps me motivates. But yeah time is going by SOOOO SLOW:/

I did too!!!! Last night and today.. I have not had anything else!! They were wonderful!

I added powdered milk to the whole pot and Beneprotein to my portion.

Omg !! Lol I bet hmmmmm I want some . I am only 10 days post op how many days are you ? I am sooooo tired of the liquid diet like I don't even bother eating broth it's just not fun , all I do is drink all day ughhhh i am feeling really down

I'm 10 days out too. Still on full liquids. I start pureed legally Monday.

I'm 10 days out too. Still on full liquids. I start pureed legally Monday.

That's great ! I have to do three weeks of liquid but I think I am going to do only 2

Looks like we are all 10 days:)

I have to see my surgeon Tuesday and he will clear me for puréed foods, 4 weeks of that before I can have soft foods, 2 weeks of soft foods before I start "mechanically soft" foods and a week of that before I'm clear to add "regular" foods to my diet and when I start soft foods I was told I could start to slowly introduce alcohol in the form of non-carbonated drinks into my diet. And only little bits at a time. Ahhh to be normal again....lol

I just realized I can tell a difference in weight in my face. The left picture was when a friend visited me when I was in the hospital still at 1 day post op and the right was just taken a few min ago:):)

post-213786-0-03143600-1399090594_thumb.jpg

Me too!

post-203489-0-67777400-1399120075_thumb.png

[ATTACH]43969[/ATTACH]

I did too!!!! Last night and today.. I have not had anything else!! They were wonderful!

Lol! I have been during for mashed potatoes but haven't done it yet.

I have that same fear! Every time I eat/drink something I just think I'm going to be part of that small % that surgery does nothing for. I don't feel like I'm losing. I don't have a scale so it's not the numbers. I think my main problem is that I haven't even come close to my liquid and Protein goals. Dehydration makes your body save all the Water weight. I dont know. It sucks but I guess we can only take it one day at a time.

I guess we are all struggling with this fear. I believe it is a good thing because we are now mindful of what's good for us and the bad foods that caused us to make the decision to have WLS. It'll get better and because we know what's good for us we will make better choices when deciding what to eat. I've lost 42 lbs since I began my pre to post op diet and this morning when I weighed myself I'm 2.6 lbs lighter than I was Wednesday. I know I want this to last forever and I pray that we all will continue to get healthier and lose weight as the months go on. God bless.

I was finally discharged this afternoon. My surgeon was not comfortable letting me go yesterday since I was not getting in enough fluids. I have not had any hunger feelings so I have to keep reminding myself to drink some Protein or broth every hour or so. It is starting to get easier and I am glad to have the support I do. The biggest struggle I am having is with my sisters negative vibes but I know I did what's best for me. Hope everyone is holding up well.[/quote

Yeah, so happy to hear that you're home now!!! I pray that with each day your aches and pains will lessen and you'll be on the road to weight loss and recovery soon!!!

I literally just woke up from a nap. I dreamt I was always hungry. I guess deep down I'm afraid that I will be unsuccessful too. I stopped losing weight. I was 230.8 this morning. My surgeon told me Thursday to expect a stall though. I just didn't think he meant now. 255 at start to preop diet. Like 240 or so day of surgery. It's only be since the 21st though but I'm afraid of failing.

I think it's normal for us to feel we will be unsuccessful... But we must push through the negative, do what is required and we too will start to see the numbers come down. I have not weighed myself since surgery, I will at my first post op visit. It's Monday so I'm excited to see where I am. I did try on a pair of pants that I couldn't button before surgery and I could button them today and they were comfortable. That joy was short lived though because I tried on another pair and they fit just like they used too... I wanted them to be baggy!????????????. I know this is not a race so I'm just taking it day by day. Physically I am doing fine, I have returned to work as of last Tuesday and although I'm tired, it's ok. Mentally this has been tough, way more than I ever imagined. I am glad to have you guys though!!! It helps so much!

I think it's normal for us to feel we will be unsuccessful... But we must push through the negative, do what is required and we too will start to see the numbers come down. I have not weighed myself since surgery, I will at my first post op visit. It's Monday so I'm excited to see where I am. I did try on a pair of pants that I couldn't button before surgery and I could button them today and they were comfortable. That joy was short lived though because I tried on another pair and they fit just like they used too... I wanted them to be baggy!dde00dde00dde00. I know this is not a race so I'm just taking it day by day. Physically I am doing fine, I have returned to work as of last Tuesday and although I'm tired, it's ok. Mentally this has been tough, way more than I ever imagined. I am glad to have you guys though!!! It helps so much!

That's great about your pants!!! I haven't put on blue jeans or slacks because my incisions are still really tender. So I have been wearing yoga pants and pjs. I'm on medical leave from work til the 12th and I have my post op visit coming up this Tuesday and I can't wait to see where I am and what my doctor says:) I took extra time off work because I work in a very fast pace, high stress environment and I want to relax and recover. Plus the fatigue gets overwhelming at times