Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 sleevers

I'm 39 and live in Louisiana. I've been overweight since my early 20s. I have high blood pressure, severe reflux, and terrible snoring. My mil died at age 55 from complications related to obesity, and I'm scared of leaving my children. I have 2 daughters who are 10 and 13 and they are my reason for doing this. I have support at home and am scheduled for a sleeve on apr 22. Surgery doesn't scare me but I am apprehensive about afterwards with the getting used to eating differently. I am nervously excited and so thankful for this forum. That's my story!

I'm 39 and live in Louisiana. I've been overweight since my early 20s. I have high blood pressure, severe reflux, and terrible snoring. My mil died at age 55 from complications related to obesity, and I'm scared of leaving my children. I have 2 daughters who are 10 and 13 and they are my reason for doing this. I have support at home and am scheduled for a sleeve on apr 22. Surgery doesn't scare me but I am apprehensive about afterwards with the getting used to eating differently. I am nervously excited and so thankful for this forum. That's my story!

My friend at work is having the bypass surgery because the surgeon told her that with reflux the sleeve could make it worse. I am surprised they are doing a sleeve for you. You sound more like a bypass candidate. Either way I wish you luck and hope everything works out for you! I am fortunate... I haven't really got any health issues yet but I have diabetes in my family and was borderline. Please keep us updated on your progress!! It's nice to have other to talk to going through the same thing. I was so happy to find this forum!!

Just got my date 22nd of this month!!! 3 weeks and 1 day!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Hi All, I am 41 yrs. old and have been overweight since 2000. I have tried all kinds of diets and diets pills. I did lose 37lbs using Phentermine but the side effects were terrible headaches. I started this journey 8/1/13. My insurance required me to do 6 months of nut visits and classes. My last nut visit was 1/15/14 I was approved on 1/29/2014. First surgeon consult was on 2/24/14 and final consult was 3/27/14. I am scheduled for pre op testing on April 2nd, pre op class April 8th & surgery April 16th. I was shocked when they offered April 9th. I thought that was too soon since I have to get my house in order & get other items. My pre op diet is 2 days of Clear liquids. My support is my twin sister, partner, & this forum. I have told three co-workers, two are very supportive and the other I’m not so sure about.. her comment was “personally I think its an easy way out, but no offense to you.” Okayyyy I paid no attention to her comment. I have researched numerous topics on here, the internet, and read a few books about weight loss surgery. My FMLA forms are being completed as I type this. I will be taking 4-6 weeks off for recovery. I’ve read that 2 weeks is good but I have the time to take so I’m going to used it. Hoping & praying for an smooth recovery for us all. Looking forward to a healthier me. : )

I'm glad you have support! I have great support too! People who are negative just don't understand it. I just ignore them and stay positive!! You are lucky you got your surgery date so fast! I have a three day before liquid diet! Blah! It will be worth it! I was so happy to find out about this option! I don't have enough hours for FMLA but I am taking anticipated disability at work so they do not discipline me! Haha I am hoping to go back after two weeks but the doc says he wants me out for at least three. I am not one to just sit around so it's gonna be hard for me!

I get sleeved today so excited!

Hi All, I am 41 yrs. old and have been overweight since 2000. I have tried all kinds of diets and diets pills. I did lose 37lbs using Phentermine but the side effects were terrible headaches. I started this journey 8/1/13. My insurance required me to do 6 months of nut visits and classes. My last nut visit was 1/15/14 I was approved on 1/29/2014. First surgeon consult was on 2/24/14 and final consult was 3/27/14. I am scheduled for pre op testing on April 2nd, pre op class April 8th & surgery April 16th. I was shocked when they offered April 9th. I thought that was too soon since I have to get my house in order & get other items. My pre op diet is 2 days of Clear Liquids. My support is my twin sister, partner, & this forum. I have told three co-workers, two are very supportive and the other I’m not so sure about.. her comment was “personally I think its an easy way out, but no offense to you.” Okayyyy I paid no attention to her comment. I have researched numerous topics on here, the internet, and read a few books about weight loss surgery. My FMLA forms are being completed as I type this. I will be taking 4-6 weeks off for recovery. I’ve read that 2 weeks is good but I have the time to take so I’m going to used it. Hoping & praying for an smooth recovery for us all. Looking forward to a healthier me. : )

Hey Tangy boo....yup...I can't wait for u to go n get this thing done...we been thru the ringer and both still coming out on top...imma see u in the hospital! Go girl!!

I get sleeved today so excited!

Go girlie! How u feeling?

Hello I'm Stephanie, a 35 year old wife of 13 years and mother of two amazingly gorgeous children. Mason is 11 and Stella is 4. I live in Northern California in the foothills near Sacramento. I work for the State and my husband and I own a Landscape Company.

I have been a fat girl all my life. Born at almost 10 lbs. After I had my son at 23 I have really struggled with my weight. I used to weigh 118 my senior year of highschool but that was because of drugs. I have been creeping up the scales for years now regardless of my continued diet attempts. I have tried pills, drops, fads, gimmicks, whatever they have put out there I have tried em! I work out and nothing helps.. So I'm getting sleeved. At first I was set on the band but after researching it seemed the sleeve was right for me. However my doctor suggested I do RNY. I guess I need to think more on that...

I have done all my preop BS and have gotten my approval and am just waiting for a date now....

My family is really supportive but I give them no choice lol. If anyone starts their negative talk (which is rare) I lash at them. My life my choice.

Anyways I am terrified and excited for this journey and can't wait to get this weight off! I have high BP, high cholesterol, planters faciitis, back pain ect... In so ready to feel good!!!

I am having my surgery done the end of April. I dont know anyone on here from around my area. Im from Chambersburg PA so if there is anyone on here from around my area that wants to buddy up oin here pleaserequest me as a friend.

Hmmm... last minute nerves keeping me awake...I can't believe I have to be at the hospital in a few hours.

I'm really excited for the outcome and I know this is the right decision!

I can't wait to start this new adventure...

Hmmm... last minute nerves keeping me awake...I can't believe I have to be at the hospital in a few hours. I'm really excited for the outcome and I know this is the right decision! I can't wait to start this new adventure...

I understand your neves! I don't have my surgery til tomorrow and am not yet sure what time I have to be at the hospital, they have until 3 today to let me know, but I am actually glad I work over nights cuz it is keeping me busy but I am a lil ball of energy because my nerves are getting the best of me! I can't wait to begin my "new" life! I know once I wake up from the surgery, no matter how I feel, I will be better cuz it will at least be over with so to say!! Good luck! Let us all know how you do!

Hmmm... last minute nerves keeping me awake...I can't believe I have to be at the hospital in a few hours.

I'm really excited for the outcome and I know this is the right decision!

I can't wait to start this new adventure...

Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

All I am no longer an April sleeved I'm a May sleevers! I got my date!!! MAY 7th!!!!