Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 sleevers

How the hell do I sign up for a 2 day preop diet?!

My pre-op diet is only 5 days. I'm surprised to see pre-op diets all the way up to two weeks!

I am getting so nervous.

1 week from today, I start my pre-op diet and only 14 days until I get sleeved.

I am so scared.

Mines 3 weeks. I just finished day 9. Lol

Poor ema!!! That's terrible! I'm crying about 2 weeks. Start April 7th. Luckily I have a bachelorette party April 5th. That's gonna be my personal bon voyage party to food, sushi, sake bombs and dirty grey goose martins for a while!!!

Poor ema!!! That's terrible! I'm crying about 2 weeks. Start April 7th. Luckily I have a bachelorette party April 5th. That's gonna be my personal bon voyage party to food, sushi, sake bombs and dirty grey goose martins for a while!!!

It's all good. I'm kinda enjoying not having to decide what to cook. Lol.

Yeah! Good for you Ema.... That's the best attitude. I am trying to get in the mindset to start

my 2 week pre-op.... 3 Protein Shakes a day , sf Jello and Popsicles , min 1 Gal Water, and up to 4 lbs of green veggies a day with only fat free salad spritzer. NUT says about day 5 the hunger goes away..... Hope so lol!

24 hours to before going into hospital for my operation about 11am tomorrow. Not too nervous I think I could have trouble sleeping tonight. Also very excited looking on this as a new start for the rest of my life, a chance to get my eating under control. :)

Hi Rosa1106 so the days here, it takes forever and then suddenly ur setting the alarm clock lol.

All the very best for tomorrow, you go girl!

Good morning Rosa! Wanted to wish you luck today!! Sending you good vibes and wishing you a speedy recovery. Post when you can!!

Good Luck Rosa! Can't to hear from you!

Us April sleevers need to be more familiar with each other!! So here's my intro:

My name is Sabrine and I am 36 yrs old. I am married for six years now. I've been having weight issues all of my life. Highest weight ever in high school was 374 pounds. Then I lost 200 pounds using ephedra. Once they yanked that off the shelves I slowly gained most of the weight back. Starting this journey December 30, 2013 my weight was 326 pounds. Began going to all of my doctors appointments and my preoperative tests. And I made my own personal lifestyle changes in preparation for the sleeve. Current weight is 279 pounds. My date is April 21, 2014. I have no home support for this whatsoever. My husband is against it as well as my sisters and my mother. I'm nervous scared and excited. I have two amazing kids Jackson is four and Olivia is 15 months. I'm having some serious second thoughts about this since I am losing weight and seeing results. I think I've bitched about it to anybody who will listen. Lol. Okay. Now it's somebody else's turn. What's your story???

Edited by sboulie77

got my date today! I am scheduled for April 16th. 2 day pre op diet. :)

I'm scheduled for surgery April 16th too! Stay in touch with your progress. :)

Us April sleevers need to be more familiar with each other!! So here's my intro:

My name is Sabrine and I am 36 yrs old. I am married for six years now. I've been having weight issues all of my life. Highest weight ever in high school was 374 pounds. Then I lost 200 pounds using ephedra. Once they yanked that off the shelves I slowly gained most of the weight back. Starting this journey December 30, 2013 my weight was 326 pounds. Began going to all of my doctors appointments and my preoperative tests. And I made my own personal lifestyle changes in preparation for the sleeve. Current weight is 279 pounds. My date is April 21, 2014. I have no home support for this whatsoever. My husband is against it as well as my sisters and my mother. I'm nervous scared and excited. I have two amazing kids Jackson is four and Olivia is 15 months. I'm having some serious second thoughts about this since I am losing weight and seeing results. I think I've bitched about it to anybody who will listen. Lol. Okay. Now it's somebody else's turn. What's your story???

Well nice to meet u. That's really messed up not to have support at a time that makes u so happy and will change ur life so dramatically.

I don't anticipate a great response either from family as their judgements are usually most harsh but I just have my husband/best friend of 18 years and our 16 year old one and only. There all I need but with 8 sisters and 5 brothers u would hope I could feel comfort somewhere there.

Either way I started my journey in Aug at 277 with my highest weight of 290. After 8 long months of meeting requirements, I finally got approved 3-25. I have my first appointment with the surgeon 4-11 and hoping to get my preferred date of 4-24!

I've researched my poor brain to death...now I just wan.a go and get it done already!!!! I'm beyond ready...

I am 47 and have been overweight since I had my first child at 22!! I have been up and down but usually stayed pretty steady at 270! I lost 100 pounds when I was 28 with weight watchers but gained it all back in a year! I have been yoyoing since! I am not a junk food junkey I just over eat! I was thinking about the lap band years and years ago until a friend at work got it and had a lot of trouble with it. Then last year two girls from work got sleeved an did really well and had no problems with it. I decided I was ready!! I went to the information meeting in feb 4th.. Met with the surgeon on feb 7th got approved by insurance the following week... Was given my date of April 23rd ... Have had all the testing done... Lost 20 lbs down to 250.... Set to see the surgeon this Friday to weigh in and go to hospital for pre op stuff. Getting really excited!! Not nervous at all!! I have a lot of support from family and friends! Have experimented with different Protein Shakes and have found I like Chike the best! I've been reading every post I can to prepare myself and talking with my two co workers who are very supportive as well! I am really looking forward to being able to eat a small amount and feel satisfied! I'm having my surgery in NY Saratoga with Doc Baranov!! That's my story! Haha kinda boring but that's it! My pre op diet is three days before liquid diet so Easter is being skipped this year! Haha

Edited by Nicey2u