Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 sleevers

Hey April Sleevers!! Ish just got real for me! Here's a quick recap of my journey: I'm 31 female from Louisiana. My consultation was on the Jan 27th. I found out I had the h pylori bacteria in February don't rem the date. I started my antibiotics on the 1st day of Lent, because there was no way I couldnt part take in Mardi Gras without alcohol. Anyway, I finished that on the 19th of March and had my scope done on the 21st. Today I went to my pre-op class.. so much info in so little time. Nothing that I haven't heard from people in these forums and just by doing a little research. My surgery is on the 14th so I'm starting my pre-op diet today! Lets get'er done!! I'm super excited and wish everyone the best of luck during their journey! XOXO

All I am no longer an April sleeved I'm a May sleevers! I got my date!!! MAY 7th!!!!

Hey Stephanie that's great!!! Wish we has the same date but close enough!! How psyched are you!!!

Hey everybody, I was originally an April sleever, but my date was moved up to March 26th. Surgery went well and yes I woke up sleeved. Besides the removal of my lap band and scar tissue, I found out my band was slipped afterall and that I had a hernia ( none of that showed on the upper gi). I'm so happy with my decision to get sleeved. Im on liquid diet and can't wait for 2nd stage liquids tomorrow! Congrats to everyone doing this too. Let's go on this journey and adventure together!

All I am no longer an April sleeved I'm a May sleevers! I got my date!!! MAY 7th!!!!

Hey Stephanie that's great!!! Wish we has the same date but close enough!! How psyched are you!!!

I am stoked! I was hoping we would be the same time to chickie! However your two weeks before me so I can lean on you for good advice!!

Hey everybody, I was originally an April sleever, but my date was moved up to March 26th. Surgery went well and yes I woke up sleeved. Besides the removal of my lap band and scar tissue, I found out my band was slipped afterall and that I had a hernia ( none of that showed on the upper gi). I'm so happy with my decision to get sleeved. Im on liquid diet and can't wait for 2nd stage liquids tomorrow! Congrats to everyone doing this too. Let's go on this journey and adventure together!

Hey stars! Good to hear they caught all that and you're all fixed! How's the pain? Any issues or words of wisdom?

Hi! Single incision sleever here from Orlando fl. I'm crossing the border and have a date with Dr.Garcia on April 8. I'm glad to be a part of a such a supportful group!

Well 2 weeks of pre op liquids down. I find my self obsessing over eggs. Lol. Not sure why I never ate them very often! And I fing I smell food way more intensely now! 7 more days to go :)

Well ty sboulie 77. As far as pain, its moderate, but manageable with the pain meds. The worst pain for me is the site where my port was removed from, but I expected that since it was sewn into my muscle wall. If you are a big baby when it comes to pain like me. Stay on top of it and don't wait till its really bad for meds. If you find yourself phlegming and/or frothing, as may happen due to all the swelling , drink warm Water or tea before your meal (even liquid meals). And some of the worst pain in the hospital was the gas pressure inside your chest and abdomen. The only way to get relief is to burp, pass gas , and walk around as much as possible. And even if its hard stay up on your Fluid intake...sip sip sip!

Hi there, Rosa here, thank you for all your good wishes. Had my op on Sunday all went well. Came home today feel a bit sorry for myself, sore tummy, and do not fancy any fluids at all, so having to force myself. Hot Drinks and much better than cold drinks.

The best thing I bought was the heated pad this really does help with the pain.

Hi Rosa! Thanks for the update. Get better and take care.

Hi Rosa so glad it went well

Hi rosa!! You're like the mother hen!! First one of us April sleevies!!! Hope you're feeling ok and are taking it easy!! Let us know how you're doing!!

Hi All of you April Sleevets! I wanted to introduce myself as well.

My name is Rhonda I am 54 and from Canada. I am mom of twin boys 18, and older son 22.

I have also been on and off diets most of my life and done just about everything. I had a lapband placed in

Mexico in 2009 just after Christmas, but it was nothing but grief and never gave me any real restriction, and I ended up

having it mostly unfilled to avoid any continued problems, so my weight never got below 200lbs, since having my children.

I am separated from my second husband although we are still not sure what we are going to do with our marriage. He does support me and may also be my surgery companion,as no one else was able to make it with me.

I have been mostly a single mom as the boys dad left when the twins were 3 months old. I used food for comfort and ate when sad or lonely or frustrated. I know what head hunger is from the band, and I hope that once I have a tool that really works for me,that I can finally deal with the volume of food I eat. I am a starbucks fan, and have been struggling with letting that go.

I am day three of pre- op diet and it is only 3 Protein Shakes a day with veggies ( no dressing or sauces allowed) Today was the worst day so far, as the headache from lack of food and probably still coffee withdrawl was INTENSE! I have been told it does get better. I sure hope so :)

I moved in to help my mom, back to our family home, when my dad was dying two years ago and decided to stay to make her life a little easier. We have remodelled the house to be more like a duplex, but I tend to eat with mom and only use the one kitchen. I am hopeful that she will be supportive, and I know she will try, but I think I learned a lot of my bad habits from her.

I am hoping to loose 100lbs and get back to the weight I was in college and before I had my kids. I remember what it was like to be fairly fit and the strength and energy I had......I want that again.....and to enjoy some of the sports I used to participate in.

I love to read everyones journey and it is so helpful to be on the forum and with this great bunch of ladies. Best of everything to all of you, and may everyone's surgery go smoothly and may we all get to goal :))

Good morning Rhonda!! You really have some amazing strength to have gone through what you have and come out the other side. Good for you. I heard day 3-5 are the worst for the pre op but after that hump it can go relatively smooth. What part of Canada are you from? I have LOTS of family in Montreal. Love visiting too!! And when's your surgery?

Edited by Somuch2much

Thanks Somuch2much

I hope your right :)

I'm on the 14 the and I live on the other side in Vancouver.

Looking forward to a great day for everyone staying strong on pre-op