Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 sleevers

Hi everyone! April 6 for me in Mexico. Dr Lopez in Tijuana, pre Op diet little over two weeks now. Did Protein Shakes mornings lunch Atkins Protein Bar after noon. salad and deli lunch meat for dinner. Pre diet weight 380 this morning was 359! No suger at all and don't miss it. This has been the most disciplined I have been my whole life. Did cheat a bit hotdog here piece of pizza there. But amij really happy feelling good and strong no side effects from food withdrawal. Hope to see you all at the Marriott in Tijuana!!

CONGRATS i have my date april 21. ive been dealing with insurance for about 8 months then i just got approval date. i posted a new thread 23 and about to have my sleeve surgery in 2 weeks help. if anyone could check it out and help me i would be so grateful!!

Hey Erin. I read your thread. Didn't your surgeon go through any if this with you? I'm gonna take the time to answer all of your questions. I'm on the 21st too!! We can go through it together!

we will be sleeve sisters! haha im so excited to know i have someone who will be on the same track as me to compare things lol! we will keeep eachother on track!!

Hmmm... last minute nerves keeping me awake...I can't believe I have to be at the hospital in a few hours.

I'm really excited for the outcome and I know this is the right decision!

I can't wait to start this new adventure...

Hey all! Surgery went well on the 1st, I was up and waking around with no problems and only had a little pain, luckily. Discharged yesterday and haven't needed the pain meds except at bed.

I'm still amazed that I've had no "real" food since Monday night and I'm not even hungry...

Now comes the hard part, changing my habits and my mindset!

Hey all! Surgery went well on the 1st, I was up and waking around with no problems and only had a little pain, luckily. Discharged yesterday and haven't needed the pain meds except at bed.

I'm still amazed that I've had no "real" food since Monday night and I'm not even hungry...

Now comes the hard part, changing my habits and my mindset!

Dont think of it as the hard part, think of it as the new part. Im still on liquids, looking forward to the next stage.

Good luck.

Hi All of you April Sleevets! I wanted to introduce myself as well.

My name is Rhonda I am 54 and from Canada. I am mom of twin boys 18, and older son 22.

I have also been on and off diets most of my life and done just about everything. I had a lapband placed in

Mexico in 2009 just after Christmas, but it was nothing but grief and never gave me any real restriction, and I ended up

having it mostly unfilled to avoid any continued problems, so my weight never got below 200lbs, since having my children.

I am separated from my second husband although we are still not sure what we are going to do with our marriage. He does support me and may also be my surgery companion,as no one else was able to make it with me.

I have been mostly a single mom as the boys dad left when the twins were 3 months old. I used food for comfort and ate when sad or lonely or frustrated. I know what head hunger is from the band, and I hope that once I have a tool that really works for me,that I can finally deal with the volume of food I eat. I am a starbucks fan, and have been struggling with letting that go.

I am day three of pre- op diet and it is only 3 Protein shakes a day with veggies ( no dressing or sauces allowed) Today was the worst day so far, as the headache from lack of food and probably still coffee withdrawl was INTENSE! I have been told it does get better. I sure hope so :)

I moved in to help my mom, back to our family home, when my dad was dying two years ago and decided to stay to make her life a little easier. We have remodelled the house to be more like a duplex, but I tend to eat with mom and only use the one kitchen. I am hopeful that she will be supportive, and I know she will try, but I think I learned a lot of my bad habits from her.

I am hoping to loose 100lbs and get back to the weight I was in college and before I had my kids. I remember what it was like to be fairly fit and the strength and energy I had......I want that again.....and to enjoy some of the sports I used to participate in.

I love to read everyones journey and it is so helpful to be on the forum and with this great bunch of ladies. Best of everything to all of you, and may everyone's surgery go smoothly and may we all get to goal :))

Good luck, u will do great.

Hi all you April sleeves I am now 6 days post op I have lost a total of 1 stone since I started my pre op diet. So far I have had good days and not so good days but the nurses told me to expect this. I am still excited to be on this life aging journey and I wish you all the very best.

Sorry just noticed should read life Changing!

Ok so this is it...tmrw, I go see the surgeon. His staff has helped me prepare to have everything done so I can be sleeved on either 4/23 or 4/28. So here's the deal...My insurance changes May 1st and I will no longer have the Kaiser Select plan, I will now have the Kaiser Signature plan, which means, I cannot go the hospital 7 minutes from my house and have the surgeon that I've researched, I would instead have to go almost 3 hours from my house to a hospital affiliated with Kaiser only and then only have limited surgeons to chose from but that would also take more time because that hospital requires 2 information session which they only offer once a month.

I have everything my surgeon needs but my surgery would have happened back in feb/march if my nutritionist didn't go into early labor with no backup in place and cause me to reschedule all my final appointments to Capital Hill in DC and that's for a non driver that lives in Baltimore(1 1/2 hours away)...no Bueno!! So I did it all, got all the approved appointments, finally met the weight requirement AND THEN my job lets me know the changes coming to the insurance plan. Luckily I'm still covered just with major inconveniences.

So, not knowing I should be rushing things, my surgeon appt was 4/11, luckily, im so anxious, I asked the nurses to call me if there's a closer appointment and she did...very luckily...4/7 was available and now from my knowledge of bugging the surgery scheduler to know all the days available, I know that there are 5 more days available in April....so now, I'm scrambling and find out that I need to see my surgeon's nutritionist for 4 additional classes and that would be 4/15, 4/19 and 4/24, which takes away from the 5 days(the final class being a transition class after surgery) and now with 4 days, the scheduler and front desk person began to push for me and show me ways to get around the system and told me what to say to the surgeon because now, he has not performing surgeries on 4/29 and 4/30 now leaving me with only 2 possible days. Then she called me to say that he has 2 surgeries on 4/28 and maybe if I cant get the 4/23 date, then maybe he will squeeze me in on the 4/28 appt.

So I go tomorrow, I am soooo super ready and I am praying that I get to stick with my plans that I've been working on for the past 8 months and they don't go all downhill in the last 3 weeks. Please pray for me and wish me luck, I need this to happen in April or May will be a cumbersome month for me but either way, I'm on this train...lol!!

Thanks for listening..this was a venting session as well....tomorrow's the day of reckoning!!

Ok so this is it...tmrw, I go see the surgeon. His staff has helped me prepare to have everything done so I can be sleeved on either 4/23 or 4/28. So here's the deal...My insurance changes May 1st and I will no longer have the Kaiser Select plan, I will now have the Kaiser Signature plan, which means, I cannot go the hospital 7 minutes from my house and have the surgeon that I've researched, I would instead have to go almost 3 hours from my house to a hospital affiliated with Kaiser only and then only have limited surgeons to chose from but that would also take more time because that hospital requires 2 information session which they only offer once a month.

I have everything my surgeon needs but my surgery would have happened back in feb/march if my nutritionist didn't go into early labor with no backup in place and cause me to reschedule all my final appointments to Capital Hill in DC and that's for a non driver that lives in Baltimore(1 1/2 hours away)...no Bueno!! So I did it all, got all the approved appointments, finally met the weight requirement AND THEN my job lets me know the changes coming to the insurance plan. Luckily I'm still covered just with major inconveniences.

So, not knowing I should be rushing things, my surgeon appt was 4/11, luckily, im so anxious, I asked the nurses to call me if there's a closer appointment and she did...very luckily...4/7 was available and now from my knowledge of bugging the surgery scheduler to know all the days available, I know that there are 5 more days available in April....so now, I'm scrambling and find out that I need to see my surgeon's nutritionist for 4 additional classes and that would be 4/15, 4/19 and 4/24, which takes away from the 5 days(the final class being a transition class after surgery) and now with 4 days, the scheduler and front desk person began to push for me and show me ways to get around the system and told me what to say to the surgeon because now, he has not performing surgeries on 4/29 and 4/30 now leaving me with only 2 possible days. Then she called me to say that he has 2 surgeries on 4/28 and maybe if I cant get the 4/23 date, then maybe he will squeeze me in on the 4/28 appt.

So I go tomorrow, I am soooo super ready and I am praying that I get to stick with my plans that I've been working on for the past 8 months and they don't go all downhill in the last 3 weeks. Please pray for me and wish me luck, I need this to happen in April or May will be a cumbersome month for me but either way, I'm on this train...lol!!

Thanks for listening..this was a venting session as well....tomorrow's the day of reckoning!!

Praying everything will work out. Keep the FAITH & good luck.

I would push push push!! Get it over with. You're going to do great!!

Hi keewee big breath what will be will be.

It would be great if it goes straight through and would be chuffed for you BUT if the game plan changes it's still ok, you most probably already had an epic journey, yep gonna use that word, your still getting it done it's just the date might change.

Fingers crossed x

Another post so soon but I'm sat in airport waiting for connecting flight ready for op tomorrow and can't stop going to toilet.

I'm not nervous just tired, I'm hot and my feet hurt and just swigged a huge bottle of Water.

I guess for the next few weeks all us April Sleevers will finally begin, good luck to everyone and will try to keep messaging x

Hey Kee, you know you got my prayers. We both have been jumping through hoops after hoops since we both had the same nut. How did the appt go or pm me.