Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

I'm really losing quite slowly. Here are my one month pics. I don't see much of a difference but I am going to do this every month anyway. Hopefully one day I will look back at this and wonder why I was so worried about it.

I'm really losing quite slowly. Here are my one month pics. I don't see much of a difference but I am going to do this every month anyway. Hopefully one day I will look back at this and wonder why I was so worried about it.

I see it!!! In your face and legs and a bit in the belly! It's only been a month and I see it!! Way to go!!!

You are looking great! I Def see a difference. Keep up the good work. :)

post-95757-0-62606600-1393984236_thumb.jpg

post-95757-0-79726100-1393984255_thumb.jpg

I can definitely see it! Especially in your tummy! You're doing great!

Hi,

Yes I am very cold a lot of the time, it is normal I have heard, here's to better weather for us all, this is the worst time of year.

Erin, you are looking really good, I can see it everywhere too. I think we will all always have a difficulty with seeing it as much as others do for us. Picking clothes which are too big, unless we are encouraged to try something smaller I think might also be an issue. I seriously can't imagine myself thinner, having never been that way since puberty, and I think a lot of people struggle with this.

Dreaming, where else would you be, than with us all?! We wouldn't have it any other way. Really hope your surgery goes as well as mine. I had no gas pain, though a lot of people do for a few days. In fact I had no pain at all after the first couple of hours. I was lying on my side after a couple of nights, which was great. I felt better once the drips were out, but I had no drains. I think every surgeon is different in their approach but just follow the advice you are given and honestly I think most peope find it much better than they thought it would be. Soo looking forward to seeing you back on here, take care and let us know how you are as soon as you can.

Take care all of you

Claire

I was never cold before but I sure am now. My kids love it. Lol

Hi everyone and welcome new comers. I hope everyone is doing wonderful and is progressing well. <br><br> I had a question. Does anyone else have a problem with being cold? Before surgery I was ALWAYS hot. Everyone would freeze around me cause I had to stay cool or I would Haze trouble breathing or get sick. Now it seems like I'm constantly cold. I hate socks but I've been wearing them nonstop due to my feet freezing all the time. <br><br><br> Thought I would share my numbers as well since a few of you have.<br><br> Highest weight; 406<br> Surgery day; 356<br> Current weight; (3 weeks post op) 338

Same as me! I'm always cold now! Before surgery I was always hot. Now I'm all bundled up...even wear socks to bed!

HW-234

SW-225

CW-210

I'm having a hard time taking my vitamins/medications lately. They seem to get stuck. Then I can't eat or drink anything for awhile. It's so hard as it is already with timing fluids, eating/drinking, and the meds. If I have to wait 30 minutes to drink after each one, I'll never get anything in!

Anyone else have problems with this?

My surgery was on the 28th I'm 5 days post op and having a really hard time getting the Protein in ! The first shake I tried was possibly the worst thing I have ever tasted or smelled in my life! I gained 2 lbs over the time I was in the hospital and I'm down close to 30 lbs from the preop shakes to today and I'm down 11 lbs post op ! I have some discomfort still but I push my self everyday to get out there an get walking . It's really slippery outside here so my family is constantly checking on me when my bf is at work and taking me out for walks . I almost feel like an animal haha but I appreciate the help an support ! I look forward to purees anyone with any good recipes?

Today is my tenth day post opt and I'm doing ok I think... Actually got out this morning and drove for the first time for more than 4 mins. And I helped a friend with a newborn session. So there was some bending and movements I haven't done since 2/24. BUT I'm so tried of this liquid diet... I want real food and I was so hungry tonight. It scared me. Anyone else get really hungry certain days or times of the day? I'm just so upset right now. I'm missing food I guess.

Today is my tenth day post opt and I'm doing ok I think... Actually got out this morning and drove for the first time for more than 4 mins. And I helped a friend with a newborn session. So there was some bending and movements I haven't done since 2/24. BUT I'm so tried of this liquid diet... I want real food and I was so hungry tonight. It scared me. Anyone else get really hungry certain days or times of the day? I'm just so upset right now. I'm missing food I guess.

Yes! I had a lot of head hunger for the first two weeks and I felt hungry all the time with just fluids. It does get better and trust me, you will feel so full when you start puréed foods. The first time I had an egg I thought I was in heaven. I think the end of the second week was when I started feeling normal and was getting back into things. It takes time but your insides are healing right now. Hope you are doing good otherwise the hunger and wanting to eat.