Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Hi February losers! I know we've got a great group in the pre-op sub forum, but now that we are on to week two, thought we should start the thread over here too! I see a few other Feb stragglers around so hopefully they can join here too.

I had my surgery on Monday 2/3. I'm down 10.5 as of one week. Not sure if this is a normal amount or not. I'm not getting in much calories, but do get in Protein of at least 50g per day (need to up this) and all my Water. I have a drain which still causes me pain. Other than that thing, I'm doing good on my incision and recovery. Today I start back up work, but thankfully it's from home and I just have to work on a laptop or computer.

So looking forward to the losing phase of this journey with you all and learning and growing from each other.

Edited by kimr

Thanks for starting this thread!!! Awesome weigh-in! Congrats! I also went back to work today. It was actually my first day of my new job as a school secretary. This is a big year of change!

A new banster! I had my surgery this afternoon and am now out of recovery and in my room. So far there has been little pain so the meds are doing their job. As for weight loss, I dropped 10 pounds on the pre-op liquid diet and am ready for this next stage.

Yes thank you for creating this thread and congratulations and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Surgery tmrw; will be here tmrw to keep you all posted.

Congratulations be4tim. Keep us posted!!! Have a speedy recovery!

Hi,

Thanks for starting this thread. It's amazing how well you are all doing. I will be back on here as soon as I have done that little thing later today!

Congratulations to us all on the losers bench and to those who will be joining us shortly. After one week out I'm on full liquid. If I never see another can of broth it will be too soon!!! Lol

For any of you already on full liquids, does that include yogurt? And if so can you eat a normal size container in one go? I ate a small container of greek yogurt this morning and it seems like that should have been too much to each in one sitting. I had no problems what so ever.

I was told 1 cup sf yogurt at this stage of the diet. I can eat a whole cup and feel like I could eat more. I'm 1 week out and have lost 16 lbs but I fight hunger feelings all day. I'm just doing what's ordered by my doctor but I still feel hungry. I'm wondering if this feeling changes down the road some place.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I will soon be on the losers bench my surgery is Feb 18 and I can't wait.

I am feeling a little nervous but anxious.

Claire! Check in!

Tkahhi, A week out and 16lbs? Wow, that is amazing! I'm hungry too, but just keep plugging along following the rules. I do think the feeling changes once we can have food that actually stays in our pouch and gives us the feeling of satiety.

Welcome Delillieflower! I was very nervous, I think we all were/are. Hang in there!

Hello all. I'm 20 hours post op! I'm glad to finally join the losers bench. :)

I'm doing really well. The best part is my daily nurse had gastric bypass 9 years ago. She weighed 370 lbs and she looks fantastic! It's so comforting to be taken care of someone who's went through this. We sat and talked about her journey and what I should expect for about an hour earlier today!

Claire would love to hear a update from you!

Hope everyone is doing good and I should be out of here by Friday.