Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Post Op "A New Life 2013"

I feel the same as u elleG. I have been at a stand still on weight loss for 2 weeks now. I hear it is normal though. It is a bit frustrating though.

We r almost all 1 month post op...how has it been for u all so far?

There r times I wonder whose body I'm in' date=' then there r times I could not b happier, there r times I'm so emotional I'm crying, there r times I want to puke all the time and its only been 30 days ;)

I'm hoping you all r having much success!![/quote']

I know exactly how you feel! U describe me to the T! Lol

There r times I wonder whose body I'm in' date=' then there r times I could not b happier, there r times I'm so emotional I'm crying, there r times I want to puke all the time and its only been 30 days ;)

Doing ok. Still struggling to get all my Water and Protein in. Still trying to figure out right amount of food to not make me sick. Other than that just taking one day at a time :) Hope everyone is doing well!

It's just about 5 weeks for me.. Week three was emotional with a week long stall. Only thrown-up twice so far (knock on wood) and over all I feel Great. Only issue is I'm a slow loser... 5 weeks and lost only 22 lbs.. Don't get me wrong, LOVE the fact I'm down that much.. But I'd just like it to be a little more. LoL

HW 341 GW 150 CW 289.6 RNY 03/25/13

It's just about 5 weeks for me.. Week three was emotional with a week long stall. Only thrown-up twice so far (knock on wood) and over all I feel Great. Only issue is I'm a slow loser... 5 weeks and lost only 22 lbs.. Don't get me wrong' date=' LOVE the fact I'm down that much.. But I'd just like it to be a little more. LoL

HW 341 GW 150 CW 289.6 RNY 03/25/13[/quote']

I hear ya, MarinaCC! I'm down 40 pounds, 7 weeks tomorrow. BUT, the first 30 came in the first few weeks. The last several weeks I've on,y lost a few pounds a week. I'm learning to embrace slow & steady. Are you exercising? Cause if you're adding muscle, which I am, you'll lose less weight. For me, I'm trying to focus on the fact that I'm down 2 sizes, and my clothes get loser all the time, in spite of the scale! Just stay with the program-the pounds will go.

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice. I had surgery on 3-27-13 and I am still not able to keep anything down other than greek yogurt and sugar free pudding. Has anyone else experienced this?? I feel like I have no energy. I am using the Syntrax Nectar to get at least some Protein in me. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi all' date='

I'm hoping for some advice. I had surgery on 3-27-13 and I am still not able to keep anything down other than greek yogurt and sugar free pudding. Has anyone else experienced this?? I feel like I have no energy. I am using the Syntrax nectar to get at least some Protein in me. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks![/quote']

I kind of went through that after some complications, but I just keep at it. The main thing is getting in Water and Protein, even if you have to do it in baby sips and bites. If you're still puking and not even holding down Water you could have a stenosis that will have to be enlarged by your surgeon with endoscopy. It's eat to get dehydrated and get into a vicious cycle of nausea, vomiting, and dehydration. Drink all day if you have to....that's what I do. Best of luck...I hope it gets better or you.

Haven't checked in for a while...I need to do this more but Wednesday marks my 8 weeks and I'm down 63 lbs and 2 jeans sizes and running and playing sports and feeling really good....I have only lost 3 lbs in the last 3 weeks but I think I just need to work on my macros a bit to find the right combination of carbs to Protein to fats

Welcome! If anyone ever tells you this is the easy way out' date=' you have my permission to smack them. Sounds like you are doing great with your weight loss. That Calcium is a booger to get down. I have problems with it also. I had a bit of a hiccup 3 weeks post op, but doing better now. Best of luck on your journey, and welcome to the board. We have a Facebook page for march group also. Let us know your name on there and I'm sure one of the girls will be glad to add you.

DOS- 3/12/13. Starting weight- 230 Day of surgery weight- 214 current weight-185[/quote']

Hi- what's the FB page?

Surgery was March 6! I hit my 50lb weight loss mark today!!!

OMG!! That is amazing. I'm almost 40lbs down and had my surgery on the 11th march

Surgery was March 6! I hit my 50lb weight loss mark today!!!

Your doing awesome! How many calories do you eat per day??? I'm struggling here. My doc says I have to eat more, looking back I have been eating about 300 calories a day because eating still makes me want to puke all the time.

I'm sooo happy, I weighed myself this morning and I was down 52 lbs...surgery was March 20th! Bye-bye 52,

I'm sooo happy, I weighed myself this morning and I was down 52 lbs...surgery was March 20th! Bye-bye 52,

Whoo hoo!!!

Yay!!! Finally the first leak test tomorrow!!! 10am! So excited! First one will be a live one' date=' meaning I will drink the contrast as they begin the ct scan and they will immediately begin to take pictures. Then after that they will do a full ct scan and possibly some X-rays. Surgeons said even if there is a leak it may not be healed up all the way yet. Their guess is I will be here at least until Monday. That's if the leak test goes well, the leak is still healing. That way they can have some time to adjust me to start drinking my liquids. Making sure the liquids go the right way and there are no issues. Cross your fingers!!

:)[/quote']

Kraney, I feel your pain! I was in the hospital for 4 days last week use to severe Dehydration and severe potassium deficiency. I had been throwing up and had diareah for weeks. Spent 3 different days in the ER prior to being hospitalized. I dropped more than 60 pounds since March 5th and felt like I was dying with every pound I lost. I am still in the regretful stage because I have not felt good one day since the surgery. To make matters worse I can not find a Protein shake I can tolerate without vomiting. I am at a point watching TV commercials with food make me gag.

I wish you well on your tests. I went thru the same thing last week and the contrast is just so hard to drink and keep down. Keep us posted on your tests and health.

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk / surgery date March 5, 2013