Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Post Op "A New Life 2013"

I am still here. The format here so so hard to navigate' date=' I just don't come here often. Surgery date was 3/13. Started duke diet 1/3 and have lost a total of 64 lbs.[/quote']

I agree it's difficult to navigate thru. What is the duke diet?

WLS 03/22/13 HW 276(6 yrs ago) pre op weight 252 PSW 237 CW 204.4

I'm still here too :) surgery was 3/14 HW 229, SW 214, CW 183 So loss of 46lbs.

HW 229, SW 214, CW 186 RNY 3/14/13

Great to hear so many of you are doing so well! It's an amazing feeling I won't lie. Are any of you able to pickup something that weighs the same amount you have lost? Great point of reference to actually feel what you where carrying around with you everyday.

Great to hear so many of you are doing so well! It's an amazing feeling I won't lie. Are any of you able to pickup something that weighs the same amount you have lost? Great point of reference to actually feel what you where carrying around with you everyday.

I am officially now only 2 ounces overweight! I am not yet at my goal weight as I have 12 pounds to go. I have lost 35 pounds. I had my surgery on 3/08. I was feeling down about the weight loss to that long ago and my sister in law remarked, " you have lost a small person!" It was then that I realized I was doing pretty great!

I am officially now only 2 ounces overweight! I am not yet at my goal weight as I have 12 pounds to go. I have lost 35 pounds. I had my surgery on 3/08. I was feeling down about the weight loss to that long ago and my sister in law remarked, " you have lost a small person!" It was then that I realized I was doing pretty great!

Am I reading this wrong? You lost 35 lbs and are almost at goal and you had surgery on March 8, 2013??

Am I reading this wrong? You lost 35 lbs and are almost at goal and you had surgery on March 8' date=' 2013??[/quote']

No, you aren't reading this wrong. I was obese with a BMI of 33, but I had many health problems that needed to be taken care of- the least of which I survived a rare form of thyroid cancer which led to many other issues and my continued weight gain was exacerbating them all. The lack of a thyroid was wreaking havoc on many things. My doctors and I thought this was the best course of action to alleviate some of my issues. While I don't have 100 pounds to lose like some, I have been cheering for everyone and going through many of the same bumps as everyone else.

I'm still hanging about as well Montage. It's great that everyone seems to be progressing well. Here's my update also.

Date of surgery: 3/12/13

Highest weight: 228

Wt. on day of surg: 214

Current weight: 172

Goal weight: 128

Total lost: 56 lbs

Finally let myself buy shorts today....size 12. Yay!

So glad to see that everyone is doing so well. I am loving my new body, and so is my wife LOL.

I know i'm almost halfway to my goal weight, and i know its not going to be close to the Onederland.

But i'm a tall guy, so that will be okay for me.

Anyone having any problems this far down the line?

I'm still following everyone's progress. I'm down 53 pounds at 11 weeks! Only losing about 2-3 pounds/week now, but I'm attributing that to adding lean muscle with my cardio & weights. Not doing too well w/ advancing to an all solids diet. I vomit several times a week after solids. I'm supposed to be aiming for a 1000/cals day weight loss program till goal. Most days I struggle hit 800. But meeting my Fluid & Protein goals-at least when I don't vomit. Back to work Monday. Hope I can keep up my exercise. I have MS & even on the best of days, fatigue is a huge problem, so I worry that I'll be so tired from working that I won't make the gym. Glad most of us are doing so great!!

I'm two months post op and here's my update:

surgery date: 3/27/13

Highest weight: 287

Surgery Day: 266

Current weight: 230

Goal Weight: 170

Total weight loss 57 lbs, half way there! I've been averaging about 3-4 lbs per week although I stall every couple weeks for a week or so and then start moving again. Slow and steady, I'll take it! Still struggle a little with trying to eat too fast, need to remind myself to slow down and put the fork down between bites. Have been walking almost every day and started biking recently (hadn't done that in years). So far, so good!

So after my last stint away in Madagascar, I am home, and my Dear friend Mr. scale has kindly reported 7lbs lost. Which brings my total to 49lbs down. So I am content, and bought a new pair of jeans 2sizes down, but fitted into a pair 4 sizes down, but was just a little to snug for my liking. Would never had got close 3months ago.

Well that's my update for today.

Trust everyone else is progressing nicely. For the over 50 ppl that had their op in March '13 there is only 3 or so of us still posting :(

Congrats on the weight loss!!! I was the closest bet!! :D

I'm two months post op and here's my update:

surgery date: 3/27/13

Highest weight: 287

Surgery Day: 266

Current weight: 230

Goal Weight: 170

Total weight loss 57 lbs' date=' half way there! I've been averaging about 3-4 lbs per week although I stall every couple weeks for a week or so and then start moving again. Slow and steady, I'll take it! Still struggle a little with trying to eat too fast, need to remind myself to slow down and put the fork down between bites. Have been walking almost every day and started biking recently (hadn't done that in years). So far, so good!

[/quote']

How tall are you? I'm 5'5". And was told my GW is 140 but I think that's too low.

HW 283. SW265. SD 3/22/13! CW 229

How tall are you? I'm 5'5". And was told my GW is 140 but I think that's too low.

HW 283. SW265. SD 3/22/13! CW 229

I'm 5' 10". You can google "BMI Calculator" and find a site that will tell you based on your height what would be a normal range for you.

We r going on 3 months post op... I pray everyone is doing well, losing weight, feeling good and gaining confidence!!!

I FINALLY feel "normal" so I am so happy about that... I'm working on Portion Control and not snacking all day.

Wishing u all the best!

Hi all--still following everyone's progress. Using little to no meds for the diabetes. Off the U-500 insulin and just taking Januvia currently. Off blood pressure and cholesterol meds--starting to feel normal. Still have issues with eating but getting better all the time. Shopping for clothes is fun again--currently in a 12. Doc wants me at 135 which is littler than I'm aiming for. My goal is 155 and we'll see from there. Down 39 pounds so far--glad I took this step. Keep up the hard work, we can do this.