Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Post Op "A New Life 2013"

Anyone stalling out majorly during their 3 month?

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 3 mons post op. CW: 165.0 lbs. --- Only 15 lbs to my goal ---

No but weight loss has Dec stalled went from losing 15lbs/month to 5lbs/month

Oops *definitely

No but weight loss has Dec stalled went from losing 15lbs/month to 5lbs/month

Glad to know I'm not the only one. It is discouraging because I'm eating right, although it is sometimes a struggle to get in 800 calories), getting my Protein & Water in. And I'm exercising religiously for the first time in decades!

Yep, my weightloss has slowed down. Still losing about 10-15lbs a month so I kicked up the exercise!

HW:330lbs Jan 2013

DOS:309lbs 3/19/13

CW:231lbs 7/19/13

HW: 278

SW: 264

CW:186 7/19/13

Feels good!! My goal weight is 140-145

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrsj17 <--This is my youtube channel!!

My fitness pal app has been a lifesaver for me to keep track of everything I'm eating during the day ...you have to keep in mind how you got to the weight you did whenever you feel like skipping into old habits and stay away from everything that put you there...it's not worth it...this is an awesome support group here and we are all here for you

Hello fellow marchers! I am too' date=' faced with hair loss now. It has been falling out in chunks specially in the front. I am also getting worried about slipping back into old habits. Eating junk, drinking, not getting in Protein or Vitamins. Drinking during meals. I keep trying to remind myself why I did this and trying to curve my habits. But after a month long stall, I find myself thinking "if I am not gonna lose anything I might as well eat junk". If I eat healthy I don't lose, if I eat junk I don't lose...

I am going to a local support group tonight and remake my commitment to my new healthy life style. I hope you are all doing better than me!

HW 283. SW265. SD 3/22/13! CW 209[/quote']

Go to the Vitamin store and get Biotin , I started taking it last week and its helping with the Hair loss

Hello Folks,

I had my surgery done on March 11, 2013 and I consider it my rebirth day. It has been 4 months now and as of this week I am down 66 pounds and counting. I still have another 116 pounds to drop but I just take it one day at a time. I have had my ups and downs since March but I would have this surgery again. I make the decision to move forward and not look back. At this time I am noticing a lot of Hair loss. With the suggestion of my Nut. I have increased my Protein intake from 65 to 70 grams per day to 80 or 90 grams a day. I have returned to drinking my high Protein Drinks that I started at the beginning to get the right kind of protein that my body will absorb. I also include 1 or 2 pieces of fruit each day and 1 to 2 servings of veggies too. I have changed my Vitamins to fusion chewables ( I take 4 a day) and have also added high dose of bioten (just started this week). I guess it will take me at least a month to see a difference with hair loss. I really did not experience hair loss until 2 weeks ago so this is a little scary for me. Has anyone noticed hair loss and will this stop at some point?

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hello Folks' date=' I had my surgery done on March 11, 2013 and I consider it my rebirth day. It has been 4 months now and as of this week I am down 66 pounds and counting. I still have another 116 pounds to drop but I just take it one day at a time. I have had my ups and downs since March but I would have this surgery again. I make the decision to move forward and not look back. At this time I am noticing a lot of hair loss. With the suggestion of my Nut. I have increased my Protein intake from 65 to 70 grams per day to 80 or 90 grams a day. I have returned to drinking my high Protein drinks that I started at the beginning to get the right kind of protein that my body will absorb. I also include 1 or 2 pieces of fruit each day and 1 to 2 servings of veggies too. I have changed my Vitamins to fusion chewables ( I take 4 a day) and have also added high dose of bioten (just started this week). I guess it will take me at least a month to see a difference with Hair loss. I really did not experience hair loss until 2 weeks ago so this is a little scary for me. Has anyone noticed hair loss and will this stop at some point? I hope everyone has a great weekend.[/quote']

Awesome. I had my op on the 12th March, and am at about the same point as you. Protein is always important as is Water. I haven't had any hair loss and really hoping I don't. For a guy, I love my hair and would hate to lose it.

I take Calcium, Folic Acid, Iron supplements including A once a day multi-Vitamin. And once a week a Vitamin B12 injection.

Surgeon only mentioned the first 3 above and I'm taking the rest on my own accord.

My calorie intake is probably more than it should be as I really don't have any reactions to any food. I can never have ice cream though. But I can live without that. My meals are still smallish and I am generally never hungry.

I love the new me, and I'll only half way to goal.

My fitness pal app has been a lifesaver for me to keep track of everything I'm eating during the day ...you have to keep in mind how you got to the weight you did whenever you feel like skipping into old habits and stay away from everything that put you there...it's not worth it...this is an awesome support group here and we are all here for you

Add Me...

Username: LeticiaHuggins

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 3 mons post op. CW: 165.0 lbs. --- Only 15 lbs to my goal ---

Just feel a little stuck! I think I need to go back to my dietitian for some guidance. I think I am eating correctly. But maybe I'm not. Maybe she can get me back to losing.

Just feel a little stuck! I think I need to go back to my dietitian for some guidance. I think I am eating correctly. But maybe I'm not. Maybe she can get me back to losing.

That's a great idea! You could b stalled like we get so often but it never hurts to check! :)

I've been stalled for an entire month. It's a little bitter sweet tho. I'm 4 months post op and 14 lbs to my goal weight. Id like go do what I can go stretch these 14 lbs out for the next 8 months, BUT!!!!... I sure feel jipt out of my surgery with stalling out so early in the game.

Bitter/Sweet!

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 3 mons post op. CW: 164.0 lbs. --- Only 14 lbs to my goal ---

I had my surgery on march 8th and I have been consistent with my weight loss, down 92 lbs...I have had incredible Hair loss on the last month and I'm taking Biotin and all other Vitamins ... My Protein intake is 60 grams and my calorie intake is between 500-650. I am on MFP And its a great tool to keep track on what your eating and to also see what everyone else is eating ...