Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well today has been a day for me and I need support. It started off with my husband being told today he had to deploy this afternoon and I had I break that news to my kids. Then 2 hours before we were to leave for the airport I have a miscarriage. They crazy thing is I didn't know I was pregnant. It's probably tmi but I am positive because I've had two miscarriages in the past. It just brought all these emotions out of me. Now I'm just alone for the next six months and feeling really low tonight. I really thought I was being careful with intercourse. It took me shots and hormones to have my kids I really didn't realize how fertile you are after surgery.

My condolences for going through such a rough time. We are here to support you and to have a virtual shoulder to cry on.

HW:358 DOS:338 CW:278 SD:1/28/13

(((Hug))) jayla. My daughter's husband goes on deployments. It's tough. But look at it this way- hard to get pregnant for 6 months' date=' and you will be so skinny when he returns. ... you might need extra protection if you want to avoid it. ;)

My daughter has 5 little ones all from returns from deployment, lol![/quote']

I was in the Navy and Ex was in the Navy and yes A LOT of babies are conceived after deployments. Solid fact!!! So I agree, being a military wife for 20 years wasn't easy. Its a tough job!!! we dint get paid fir it either. But think of all you will be able to accomplish before he gets back. Deployments always suck. My husband's longest was a year and if I didn't have my work, I would have went insane. I also had a 6yr old little girl to take care of at the time. Put your focus into the kids. Do lots of fun stuff together since summer break is here. Go visit family. Just get out and go. The more you do the time will seem to pass quicker. My heart goes out to you cuz I've been there. You'll have good days and bad days, just love on your kids.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Well today has been a day for me and I need support. It started off with my husband being told today he had to deploy this afternoon and I had I break that news to my kids. Then 2 hours before we were to leave for the airport I have a miscarriage. They crazy thing is I didn't know I was pregnant. It's probably tmi but I am positive because I've had two miscarriages in the past. It just brought all these emotions out of me. Now I'm just alone for the next six months and feeling really low tonight. I really thought I was being careful with intercourse. It took me shots and hormones to have my kids I really didn't realize how fertile you are after surgery.

Sorry to hear about the sudden deployment and miscarriage. I'm not on here all that much but if you ever need a texting or talking buddy, message me and I'll gladly give you my number. Life alone requires all the support we can get, add into it crazy hormones from surgery, a miscarriage and hb that's inaccessible...well that's just sucks. :[ hugs

Disappointed as usual, HW 275- Sw 210 Cw185. Can not lose weight, but I have gone from -sz 16 to a sz 10-12, not sure what to do! Go back to surgeon July 25th...l

Disappointed as usual' date=' HW 275- Sw 210 Cw185. Can not lose weight, but I have gone from -sz 16 to a sz 10-12, not sure what to do! Go back to surgeon July 25th...l[/quote']

I know how you feel I have been stuck at 215 for months, but my waist is down to a 33 from a 42 so who knows. Keep positive it's what I do!!!

Disappointed as usual' date=' HW 275- Sw 210 Cw185. Can not lose weight, but I have gone from -sz 16 to a sz 10-12, not sure what to do! Go back to surgeon July 25th...l[/quote']

I hope you're counting inches. If your clothing sizes are going down, you're making progress. Have you checked the scale batteries? I freaked out for a whole week and found out the batteries were bad... Doesn't help I'm addicted to the darn thing!

Finally hit 70 pounds down this morning! I am about 6 pounds behind "schedule" but I am okay with that. I had a stall for like 3 weeks that made me nuts, but the scale seems to be moving along again. It is hard to believe that I have just under 20 pounds to lose to make it back to Onederland!

Have you had your metabolism tested? Also what about your thyroid?

Not losing any more weight, have not lost in. Months will be 5 months today June 14 th, very frustrated started smoking again, can eat almost anything, and way too much as well, not sure what to do depressed after 2 surgeries and have only lost 25 lbs since January!

Not losing any more weight' date=' have not lost in. Months will be 5 months today June 14 th, very frustrated started smoking again, can eat almost anything, and way too much as well, not sure what to do depressed after 2 surgeries and have only lost 25 lbs since January![/quote']

What have the tests said? Have you had a thyroid test? I understand the frustration, I have a hypo thyroid and lose very slowly. I also get depressed even though I've had some decent progress. Weird that I'm not as heavy but still not happy.

But don't give up, you went through so much. Maybe you can try going back to basics and having smaller portions, eating off little plates, buying less processed food and more fruits, veggies, meat/protein and milk products. Drinking a ton of Water helps me, especially because i crave sweets (hoped surgery would help with that but it didn't) and I walk at least 2x a day (even though all I can manage sometimes is a short walk because of my knee). Again, I lose slow and am not perfect but we all tried so hard to get this surgery, (I was denied once before being approved) so failure isn't an option and I hope you don't accept defeat but keep your chin up and keep fighting.

Keep posting, we're here for support.

I hate to hear this Marla & I hope u will contact ur MD to get in sooner : / I have had amazing results. Wearing clothes from Charlotte Rouse at the moment!!! I can wear large scrubs & sum medium tops. Yeah, the top of me is literally gone (Thank God for Victorias) & I'm still 218, my goal is 140. I have lots of saggy areas but absolutely NO regrets!!

Hope everyone had a great day today, got to spend it with my hubby and his family at my bro and sis-in-laws house, mostly poolside. Was nice to be in swim shorts and a long halter swim top and not feel horribly self conscious. Even though I tracked in MFP (for the most part) I allowed myself to go outside my new box this weekend. Gave my body a bit of a break, will go back at it hard tomorrow. Planning to try to cut out meat for a while, eat more Beans and try cooking with tofu. Should be interesting!!