Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one who has lost less that 40lbs in 5 months?? I am so discouraged that it is just ridiculous. I had my surgery on Jan 30 2013. Day of surgery I weighed 286 today I weigh 250. I am sooo done. My doctor does not see a problem. Yet I have not found anyone anywhere who has had this procedure and lost so little intially. Please someone tell me that there is someone else out there like me.

Went from 338 down to 275 since Jan 28. But I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing bcuz of pregnancy.

HW:358 DOS:338 CW:275 SD:1/28/13

Ready2smile I started at 305 and now at 209 would like to lose another 50 too. Surg date 1/29

WELL~ I have only lost 70 lbs since Jan 3rd.. Want to hit that 200 mark so bad!!!

HW ~ 289

SW ~ 289

CW ~ 219

Now don't get me wrong, I am feeling great and looking good!!!!

Down to 158 lbs lost 102 lbs so far my goal weight is 150 lbs

Awesome everyone. We are all doing so well.

WELL~ I have only lost 70 lbs since Jan 3rd.. Want to hit that 200 mark so bad!!!

HW ~ 289

SW ~ 289

CW ~ 219

Now don't get me wrong' date=' I am feeling great and looking good!!!!

[/quote']

70lbs is great! I've lost 55, have been stalled for a month. Just increased my calories and protein-can't increase my exercise because I hurt my knee. Hoping it helps the scale move downward again, I need to lose another 30-40.

70lbs is great! I've lost 55' date=' have been stalled for a month. Just increased my calories and protein-can't increase my exercise because I hurt my knee. Hoping it helps the scale move downward again, I need to lose another 30-40.[/quote']

Excellent. We had similar starting weights and I down about 65. I have been at a stall for about 1 1/2 months so hoping my vacation coming up with lots walking will help. I have 15 lbs to go to hit 200 and would love to be there now but know its a long process. Good job on your success.

I'm at the same. Almost down 70 lbs. I stall a lot though.

HW:358 DOS:338 CW:275 SD:1/28/13

I was able to lose those added 2 lbs and get down past my lowest by 0.2 lb-but it's a loss and progress so I'll take it!! I'm now at 186.5, hoping I can get to 145 by my birthday (Nov. 7th). ;]

Well it was my bday yesterday and I'm ecstatic that I have lost 101 lbs by my birthday and it hasn't been six months months yet. I still have three weeks. The possibilities are endless

current weight is 219 no where close goal but so far so good this weekend I wore my first dress ever and I felt proud and pretty in a size 12 started at 336 on 01/16/2013

Woot, woot!

For those of you stalling: are you getting enough Protein. We will have stalls anyways but getting all the protein in is important. I get 80-100g a day. I had labs drawn one of my Proteins was low. So my Dr and Nut said I must maintain 2 shakes a day. Other than that all labs were perfect.

But has anyone noticed a "shifting" of weight, possibly from fat to muscle when you're stalled. I was stalled for a month and lost a pant size during the stall. My story is I started out 254 lbs heavier a year ago. At surgery, I was 237 Dec 15. Now I'm 139. As I said I get a lot of protein a day, I have too due to how my body uses it up. My Dr recommends 60g a day but when I was doing that I started losing my hair, which is fairly normal. However, upping the protein stopped that too.

Just remember if you stall you still may be losing just not on the scale as I did. I finally broke my stall 2 days ago. I dropped to a size 6 pant 2 weeks into the stall and it is starting to fit loosely around the waist, so I wear a belt 2 weeks later.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Stall has officially and finally broken!!!! I met another goal, I'm the same weight I was in high school, 185 and wear from a size 12-14 in jeans, med-lrg in tops. I think the trick was to make dinner my smallest meal and not put anything in my mouth other than plain Water after 9:00pm. I was snacking too much in the evenings. Even in little quantities I eat and staying under my allotted calories-the healthy Snacks do harm. From now on, my day starts with water and then a Protein Shake before any food, and it will end with water.

My next goal is 165. Might take me a few months to get there-but eventually this slow losing turtle will!! ;)

Am I the only one who has lost less that 40lbs in 5 months?? I am so discouraged that it is just ridiculous. I had my surgery on Jan 30 2013. Day of surgery I weighed 286 today I weigh 250. I am sooo done. My doctor does not see a problem. Yet I have not found anyone anywhere who has had this procedure and lost so little intially. Please someone tell me that there is someone else out there like me.

I was same wt as you DOS, (1/14/13) I'm 215 today. That said I have a fairly active job & minimal appetite. Good luck, praying for you!!! : )